BEIJING: Nearly a million people have taken an experimental COVID-19 vaccine developed by China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm) through the country's emergency use programme, the firm said late on Wednesday (Nov 18).
China launched the emergency use programme in July, which so far includes three vaccine candidates for essential workers and other limited groups of people even as clinical studies have yet to be completed to prove their safety and efficacy.
No serious adverse reaction has been reported from those who received the vaccine in emergency use, Sinopharm said in an article on social media WeChat, citing chairman Liu Jingzhen from a recent media interview.
Two vaccine candidates developed by Sinopharm's subsidiary China National Biotec Group (CNBG) and third one developed by Sinovac Biotech have been used for the emergency programme.
It is unclear which vaccine Liu was referring to, and Sinopharm was not immediately available to comment.
Full story here...
Sinopharm will sponsor 10k doses of its vaccines for Malaysian frontliners. Read my other thread:
Nearly 1m PRC have taken Sinopharm's vaccines