Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sinopharm to sponsor 10k doses of Covid vaccine

views

TSriver.sand
post Nov 18 2020, 10:16 AM, updated 4y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Sinopharm JVCo to sponsor 10,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine for frontliners

China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm), through GI Healthcare Resources Sdn Bhd — a joint-venture company (JVCo) with local investors — has agreed to sponsor 10,000 doses of the former's Covid-19 vaccine for Malaysian frontliners...

According to GI Healthcare Resources, Sinopharm is currently carrying out Phase III trials on its two vaccine candidates in 10 countries, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Egypt, and Morocco, involving over 55,000 subjects.

The company said none of the trial participants reported any adverse reactions or side effects.

Its vaccines have also been approved for emergency use in China, the UAE and Bahrain involving more than a million frontliners, said GI Healthcare Resources.

"More than 60,000 personnel who have been vaccinated have gone to work in more than 180 countries overseas without a single reported case of Covid-19 infection," it added.

GI Healthcare Resources claimed that based on the examples above, Sinopharm's vaccine effectiveness is close to 100%.

"Of the 99 employees in Huawei's Mexico office, 81 were vaccinated and 18 were not vaccinated. After the outbreak, none of the 81 vaccinated employees were infected, whereas 10 out of the 18 employees who were not vaccinated were diagnosed to be Covid-19 positive," it added.

The company said Sinopharm's vaccines are leading in terms of safety, effectiveness, and accessibility, as they can be stored and transported at temperatures ranging between -2°C and -8°C, which they claim is far more practical and convenient compared with vaccines by other pharmaceutical firms, which may face storage and logistical issues.

"This will enhance the assessment process for registration of the vaccine in Malaysia," it added.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/sino...ne-front-liners
Azsaz1lnxx
post Nov 18 2020, 10:18 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 10:16 AM)
Sinopharm JVCo to sponsor 10,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine for frontliners

China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm), through GI Healthcare Resources Sdn Bhd — a joint-venture company (JVCo) with local investors — has agreed to sponsor 10,000 doses of the former's Covid-19 vaccine for Malaysian frontliners...

According to GI Healthcare Resources, Sinopharm is currently carrying out Phase III trials on its two vaccine candidates in 10 countries, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Egypt, and Morocco, involving over 55,000 subjects.

The company said none of the trial participants reported any adverse reactions or side effects.

Its vaccines have also been approved for emergency use in China, the UAE and Bahrain involving more than a million frontliners, said GI Healthcare Resources.

"More than 60,000 personnel who have been vaccinated have gone to work in more than 180 countries overseas without a single reported case of Covid-19 infection," it added.

GI Healthcare Resources claimed that based on the examples above, Sinopharm's vaccine effectiveness is close to 100%.

"Of the 99 employees in Huawei's Mexico office, 81 were vaccinated and 18 were not vaccinated. After the outbreak, none of the 81 vaccinated employees were infected, whereas 10 out of the 18 employees who were not vaccinated were diagnosed to be Covid-19 positive," it added.

The company said Sinopharm's vaccines are leading in terms of safety, effectiveness, and accessibility, as they can be stored and transported at temperatures ranging between -2°C and -8°C, which they claim is far more practical and convenient compared with vaccines by other pharmaceutical firms, which may face storage and logistical issues.

"This will enhance the assessment process for registration of the vaccine in Malaysia," it added.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/sino...ne-front-liners
Sponsor? I dont think so more like lab rat to test vaccine effectiveness.

TSriver.sand
post Nov 18 2020, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(Azsaz1lnxx @ Nov 18 2020, 10:18 AM)
Sponsor? I dont think so more like lab rat to test vaccine effectiveness.
Lab rat? You b*** or what!?? More than 55,000 people have already been vaccinated.

You don't read the whole article at least read the highlighted parts lah...
enterthefatdragon
post Nov 18 2020, 11:05 AM

captain cool
1,172 posts

good news....

light at the end of tunnel??
TSriver.sand
post Nov 18 2020, 12:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(enterthefatdragon @ Nov 18 2020, 11:05 AM)
good news....

light at the end of tunnel??
No yet. 10k doses hardly enough.
enterthefatdragon
post Nov 18 2020, 01:56 PM

captain cool
1,172 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 12:01 PM)
No yet. 10k doses hardly enough.
good start lor

many new vaccines found also

maybe 6 months to 1 year can fully recover?
Azsaz1lnxx
post Nov 18 2020, 03:45 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 10:42 AM)
Lab rat? You b*** or what!?? More than 55,000 people have already been vaccinated.

Im more than happy to get the vaccine out as soon as possible. Yes read the highlighted part

Trial mean still under a test. I agree my word are a bit harsh lab rat but yes it still serve the same meaning.

You see if future vaccine is approved and certified to use will the company still sponsor us for free? Maybe yes maybe no but hopefully they still do it.

This post has been edited by Azsaz1lnxx: Nov 18 2020, 03:48 PM
TSriver.sand
post Nov 18 2020, 04:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(Azsaz1lnxx @ Nov 18 2020, 03:45 PM)
Im more than happy to get the vaccine out as soon as possible. Yes read the highlighted part

Trial mean still under a test. I agree my word are a bit harsh lab rat but yes it still serve the same meaning.

You see if future vaccine is approved and certified to use will the company still sponsor us for free? Maybe yes maybe no but hopefully they still do it.
1. The firm didn't say when the vaccine would come. Maybe by the time they provide the vaccine, the trial has been completed.

2. Whether there are adverse reactions, usually we would know it in a few days. It is the effectiveness of the vaccine which requires longer time to determine.

3. What is wrong being a trial participant, if one is young and healthy?

This post has been edited by river.sand: Nov 18 2020, 04:20 PM
kira_88
post Nov 18 2020, 04:30 PM

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
1,105 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 04:18 PM)
1. The firm didn't say when the vaccine would come. Maybe by the time they provide the vaccine, the trial has been completed.

2. Whether there are adverse reactions, usually we would know it in a few days. It is the effectiveness of the vaccine which requires longer time to determine.

In Pharma industries, even after phase III(which is currently ongoing as your post says) and the vaccine actually get a past. Majority of them will still be doing a phase IV trials which is more of a pharmacovigilance to ensure the long term safeties & effectiveness of it.

Most likely the sponsored vaccine is for this. Note that this is not a bad thing as they are willing to spend to ensure safeties of their vaccine.

And chill bro no need to so defensive about it, however I do agree the term lab rat is too much tho
touristking
post Nov 18 2020, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 03:42 AM)

You don't have to take it if you don't want to. Nobody is going to force you.

Even better, there will be more for others who wanted it.

Azsaz1lnxx
post Nov 18 2020, 05:33 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Nov 18 2020, 04:18 PM)

Im not against vaccine or stop anything of that I do not have any issue of anyone being trial participant, in fact it is good so vaccine can acquire earlier im too affect by covid in my life. What my issue here is the word sponsor in the headline. They (the company) are actually doing real life trial of the vaccine and need participant volunteer instead of saying sponsor they should rephrase their words. Sinopharm to provide 10k doses of Covid vaccine to test the effectiveness and effect of the said product.

enterthefatdragon
post Nov 18 2020, 05:44 PM

captain cool
1,172 posts

QUOTE(Azsaz1lnxx @ Nov 18 2020, 05:33 PM)
Im not against vaccine or stop anything of that I do not have any issue of anyone being trial participant, in fact it is good so vaccine can acquire earlier im too affect by covid in my life. What my issue here is the word sponsor in the headline. They (the company) are actually doing real life trial of the vaccine and need participant volunteer instead of saying sponsor they should rephrase their words. Sinopharm to provide 10k doses of Covid vaccine to test the effectiveness and effect of the said product.
i read above news Sinopharm already tested with many ppl from other countrier prior to agreeing to sponsor to Msia??

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM