Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Scicom (MSC) Sdn Bhd, Anyone worked there?

views

LostWanderer
post Dec 19 2009, 07:17 PM

Casual
315 posts

hi guys, i just received a call from scicom for interview (this coming monday) as management trainnee (for 2mths) + i think should be customer service relationship department

i'm from a psych background (degree)...so, i was wondering...is this a good place to start the job?

the corporate culture doesn't sound very nice from the 5 pages of content i've read...however, a lot mentioned that the salary is pretty good...which i must agree (they told me through the phone that the basic was 2.5k and also there will be additional incentives to top up the amount)

so, from what i managed to get from these 5 pages of content is that this place is a call centre, and...if you are working on a shift job...it won't be "fun"?...does the work begin from 9am-5pm as my job position mentioned?...or is there odd hours and public holiday shifts invovled as well?

personally though, i don't like sitting in the office day in and out listening to calls...and i would like to have a field job in the future...so, by being with scicom, will it be possible for me to go to other fields and not stick to the customer service indoor line after they have "outsourced" me or sumthing like that?

thanks much
LostWanderer
post Mar 6 2010, 10:04 AM

Casual
315 posts

well, as posted earlier...i went for the training over there, completed it...and i mean if you really are "weak" in english and would probably consider working in a contact center...then maybe you can consider going there

however, if you have a strong grasp in english, just apply for the contact center position directly...don't need to "waste" your time training here...unless you really have nothing else better to do...or maybe you would like to help out the other students there to provide some guidance to improve their grasp of english

my conclusion statement is that, the program may be 85% a waste of time if you have a strong grasp in english and don't have any plans to work as a contact centre agent...

the remaining 15% is that you can fill your extra time if you really have nothing to do BUT you MUST continue to apply for jobs while you are undergoing training there...and when you are called up for interviews...go for them (don't need to attend the class), and if you are able to secure the job (and you like that job)...you can leave the training center as soon as possible

the salary range is a deception...just don't buy into that "THAT" much...if you get what i mean

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0267sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 AM