Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Your Computer Isn't Yours

views

malleus
post Nov 23 2020, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,536 posts

QUOTE(silverhawk @ Nov 23 2020, 03:19 PM)
Damn sensitive la you.

Its not the topic of advocacy that he is criticising, but the manner it is advocated. If you're too strict on it, it will blind you, seeing problems where none exist. That author you linked, 100% blinded already.

There are concerns for sure with Apple's walled garden, but if you're willing to accept it, why not? I use facebook to stay connected with friends/family, I give up a part of my privacy for that. I use Gmail as my primary inbox, also give up some privacy for that. To me, these things are ok because its not a big deal. Things I really want to keep private, I know how to keep them private.

From what I see, @malleus has been quite a rational and decent person, and I've been on this forums a LONG time.
Well, the best example of the militant type of advocacy that I can of is Richard Stallman. I used to be a fan of his, and actually got his autograph back in 2005. However he does seem to get more and more inflexible in his way of thinking that it becomes very difficult to follow. Especially starting with GPL 3.0, which makes it extremely restrictive for most forms of use.

And well, if some ppl seriously insist on eating chillis, then what to do...
malleus
post Nov 23 2020, 04:48 PM

Regular
1,536 posts

QUOTE(jbcoder @ Nov 23 2020, 03:27 PM)
Nopes. He's been eyeing me for some time in kopitiam after TheRant stopped playing with him. He just loves to fight. I am not changing my mind about him so I am stopping here.

My thread summary is simply, I hope developers do not kowtow to anti-developer platform owners like Apple, that's all there is to my message. I wasn't the one who try to instigate and troll/flame in this thread first, but malleus did. He's what I think he is.
Actually, look back at the actual history, and you'll find that you picked the first fight, when you makan cili, and thought that everything is always about you.

I poke fun at various different posts by different ppl in /k, but for some reason, you still think that it's all about you still.

In fact, you yourself derailed this thread with your paranoia that it's all about you thinking (look at the number of posts you have made on this). I entertain your posts, you also not happy. Seriously a case of 'apa dia mau lagi???'

Not that I can change your mind on this, but since you've made the argument that I'm trying to make you look bad, then I might as well just oblige you by showing what a self centered nut case you are with your thinking that everything is always about you.

And finally, my thoughts on the primary topic of this thread. First it started out as theories that apple's checking out everything that's running on the OS, which has been proven false. Next comes Prism, where it's also been shown that a number of other big names are also named in it. Then it went down to comparison of non related things, which is where the argument literally comes apart.
TSjbcoder
post Nov 23 2020, 04:51 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Nov 23 2020, 04:48 PM)
I poke fun at various different posts by different ppl in /k, but for some reason, you still think that it's all about you still.

Because you're a psychopath. That's why.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 03:54 AM