Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis one share 128, zerolution plan?

views

TSSpitzer
post Nov 9 2020, 01:54 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
374 posts

i have been with maxis for >3years, and currently is on a 128 plan with one subline.

subline has a phone contract still attached to it.
mainline has no phone contract.

can i apply for zerolution phone under my mainline?

that 0% and cheaper price is really attractive, and i see no reason why i need to fork outright cash to buy the device.
khainiz94
post Nov 9 2020, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,797 posts

I think you can.
You may call 123 to check with them.
Or you can try buy from their website.
alfredhow78
post Nov 9 2020, 05:12 PM

Casual
358 posts

Zerolution is depend on whether your main line has contract or not. Supplimentary line doesn't matter
patricktoh
post Nov 10 2020, 07:19 PM

Casual
462 posts

Which zerolution phone worth the penny compare to normal credit card easy payment?
TSSpitzer
post Nov 10 2020, 10:49 PM

Casual
374 posts

update: can, zerolution with one sub line can get into 2 device contract (one under main, one under sub, dosen't matter which one comes first).

the maxis CS also said "Please make sure there is 3 months gap between your device contract", take it as what it means - but this doesn't apply to me since my subline phone contract already 1 year, and i plan to subscribe to the preorder 12pro max.

QUOTE(patricktoh @ Nov 10 2020, 07:19 PM)
Which zerolution phone worth the penny compare to normal credit card easy payment?
i duno, to me, any of those flagship phone seems to be worth it if use zerolution plan to me as compared to pay cash or even 0%cc EPP.

I really cannot see any negative reason of buying a phone using contract since i have been paying maxis's rm128 for yearsssSSsss without a phone contract anyway.
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 16 2020, 11:19 AM

đź‘Ť 999999 person Likes this member
3,796 posts

what walk-in CS told me

1) each device only affects the line it is attached to, regardless primary or supplementary

2) gap of 3 months between devices

having written that, now i'm not sure how they treated those 2-devices offers. maybe special handling that allows picking up both at same time without gap. maybe the 3-months gap is manual administrative procedure, not enforced by system.
MilesAndMore
post Nov 16 2020, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(Spitzer @ Nov 10 2020, 10:49 PM)
I really cannot see any negative reason of buying a phone using contract since i have been paying maxis's rm128 for yearsssSSsss without a phone contract anyway.
Yes. That is true. It all boils down to your personal mobile data consumption. If you’ve been using MaxisONE plan like forever and will continue to do so, there is no harm to buy a subsidised phone from Maxis because you’ll still be paying Maxis for your postpaid line anyway and have no intention of leaving Maxis even if you don’t have a contract with them.

Personally I always go for normal contract because the phone subsidy is higher.
TSSpitzer
post Nov 16 2020, 09:27 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Nov 16 2020, 03:37 PM)
Yes. That is true. It all boils down to your personal mobile data consumption. If you’ve been using MaxisONE plan like forever and will continue to do so, there is no harm to buy a subsidised phone from Maxis because you’ll still be paying Maxis for your postpaid line anyway and have no intention of leaving Maxis even if you don’t have a contract with them.

Personally I always go for normal contract because the phone subsidy is higher.
This point here. I just found out about it a week ago after i walked in again because i’m still unclear

I always thought zerolution installments is the best deal since its 0% for 2 yrs, and no reason to NOT buy via installment right, but there’s a better plan:

Get a standard plan, pay the phone outright for 5k+, instead of zerolution which still you have to pay the full price 6k+ standard price (12 max pro 512g)

Just thought of leaving that here, im suprised the first time when i walk in, CS didn’t mention this, just automatically assume i’ll be using installments, i’m not someone who’s always up to date with these “youngsters” deals and stuffs

Edit: my point is, finally i find a reason why NOT to go via zerolution installment, i’ll be paying more for the phone.

This post has been edited by Spitzer: Nov 16 2020, 09:29 PM
rumplestilskin P
post Dec 28 2020, 07:25 AM

Probation
8 posts

Buy cash under normal contract. For iphone 12 pro can save about 1.2k - 1.5k

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM