Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where do you buy PC components online?

views

Momo33
post Nov 28 2020, 04:39 AM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Nov 10 2020, 04:59 PM)
Disagree. I always get my refund in Shopee as long as I provide valid proof for the refund
Adalah
You need to submit your refund request before you press "Order Received"
Bro .. i beg to disagree with you about shopee.

I bought a car spare part cost 19 RM . on shopee .
The Seller send me car lamps . in chat he said a mistake and ask me to send back the part . which i have no time for this .
i open a dispute with shopee .
after a few chat s Shopee release the money to seller , saying seller agree to send you your order.
Till today i have not receive what i ordered .
i decide to let it burn .

So the majority complains you read about shopee protecting the Seller has some truth . nod.gif

As far as the money refund to wallets/bank . both shopee and Laz or OK . no complains .
I have been shopping online laz/ shoppe for 4 years . this months Nov ...i already made 16 purchases. due to 11.11 and now 12,12

Best experience is when the logistic lost my item in delivery .
Laz gave me a 20rm cash voucher.

This post has been edited by Momo33: Nov 28 2020, 04:43 AM
sHawTY
post Nov 28 2020, 10:00 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Nov 28 2020, 04:39 AM)
which i have no time for this .
How is that shopee's fault?
Shopee offers return & refund

You don't have the time to return the item, that's not Shopee's fault. It's your fault for thinking you can just keep the wrong item and at the same time, getting a refund
Just return and you'll get your money back

I've returned tons of things in both Shopee & Lazada and always get my money back
Momo33
post Nov 28 2020, 10:51 AM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Nov 28 2020, 11:00 AM)
How is that shopee's fault?
Shopee offers return & refund

You don't have the time to return the item, that's not Shopee's fault. It's your fault for thinking you can just keep the wrong item and at the same time, getting a refund
Just return and you'll get your money back

I've returned tons of things in both Shopee & Lazada and always get my money back
yes that s right its not shopee fault BUT its the fault of the SELLER ... yes ?

why should i PAY for sellers mistake ...
it will waste 2 hours of my time .
i dont mind if they have some thing like to come collect from me for the return .
that is why these days i try buy from sellers in KL only. if case things go wrong.

sHawTY
post Nov 28 2020, 11:08 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Nov 28 2020, 10:51 AM)
yes  that  s right its not shopee fault BUT  its the fault of the SELLER ... yes ? 

why should i PAY  for sellers mistake ...
  it will waste 2 hours of my time  .
i dont mind if they have some thing like to come collect from me  for the return .
that is why these days  i try buy from sellers in KL only.  if case things go wrong.
Yes, seller made a mistake for sending the wrong item but it's your obligation to return the wrong item back to the seller so you can either get a refund or get the seller to ship the correct item

But how is it Shopee's fault when you refuse to return the item? You don't even have to pay for the courier charges if you submit the return request properly
The courier charges for returning the item is borne by Shopee and they offer multiple courier options from which you can choose whatever courier branch is the closest to you
cms
post Nov 28 2020, 01:15 PM

Casual
467 posts

During MCO I was bored so I bought a cpu, used gfx, main board, ram, WiFi card from Taobao.

Steponlego
post Nov 28 2020, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Nov 28 2020, 04:39 AM)
Bro ..  i beg to disagree with you about shopee. 

I bought  a  car spare part  cost  19 RM . on shopee .
The Seller send me  car lamps  .  in chat he said  a mistake and ask me to send back the part .  which i have no time for this .

you don't have time, they also don't have time too. i will never release payment to seller until i got the right item, no matter how many promises a seller give.

which is why i some parts i buy from seller near kl selangor. just last month ordered for LEFT driveshaft. seller send me RIGHT. it was pretty simple stupid mistake because the left side is way shorter, you can tell it's left just with a glance.

pm the seller how to settle, he said to post back doh.gif . i said no, let me go to your shop to replace. it was a short 30 minute drive away so after replace the right part, give the seller 2 star. guy seems to be cool with it.
ceo684
post Nov 28 2020, 07:47 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Nov 28 2020, 11:08 AM)
Yes, seller made a mistake for sending the wrong item but it's your obligation to return the wrong item back to the seller so you can either get a refund or get the seller to ship the correct item

But how is it Shopee's fault when you refuse to return the item? You don't even have to pay for the courier charges if you submit the return request properly
The courier charges for returning the item is borne by Shopee and they offer multiple courier options from which you can choose whatever courier branch is the closest to you
I almost kena scammed with scammer sending IDU half only of an aircond. doh.gif description got write spec for IDU and ODU (indoor/outdoor weight, noise, size)
When ask where the ODU is he ask me top up money.
He pandai, dont use the pee pee or lapsapda channel to contact me but he whatsapp me. bruce.gif
Ding dong ding dong I have to return back at my own cost. ok la at least i get back my money but i rugi the return shipping about 35 bucks mega_shok.gif summore not my fault. ranting.gif

This post has been edited by ceo684: Nov 28 2020, 07:47 PM
TSxKeneshirox
post Dec 8 2020, 02:21 PM

Casual
338 posts

Kek. Just browsing shopee. Looking at people selling 3080s for 1.5k.
Ok kawan. Cmon la, wan scam people must rajin a bit. Must research
moseo P
post Dec 10 2020, 05:06 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(xKeneshirox @ Nov 8 2020, 07:08 AM)
Just wondering.
New CPUs and GPUs coming out huat huat, everyone trying to build new PC/upgrade
where do you guys usually see who's selling what and at what price?
I know LYN site got like 2-3 price lists, but is there anywhere else that lists more PC component sellers?
Closest I can think of is Lazada/Shopee
I usually buy and sell computer hardware from BuySellRam- best prices and quickest payment options (usually 1 day)

Good luck!
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Nov 27 2021, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,009 posts

QUOTE(pcbuilder420 @ Nov 21 2020, 01:50 AM)
For in demand items (i.e Ryzen 5000 series and RTX3080), most if not all Digital Mall & Lowyat stores will require you to bundle with other items (ryzen CPU with motherboard and 3080 with full build mostly), very rarely do you get to buy these items standalone, unless you have good standing with them.

If you're not hunting for these hot items, then there isn't much difference between physical and online stores, other than peace-of-mind and speed. Shopping at physical stores can get you some discount if paid in cash, but some stores also charge "vendor fees" for using credit card (at least this was the case when I bought my PC from Digital Mall 5+ years back). Also worth bearing in mind there are 0% installment options for online purchases, which may be a plus to some buyers.

Some more reputable and large vendors are Thundermatch (changed name recently to TMT), c-zone and Aone Plus (all three stores are in both digital mall and lowyat plaza I think), and also All-IT Hypermarket at the top floor of digital mall.

I suppose there is no harm to shop physically first, then if prices or conditions are not favourable, you can always get them online. Happy hunting  biggrin.gif
doesn't hurt to cross check prices on shopee and at these sorts of large vendors (on the lowyat main page there is a pricelist for some of these vendors). So if the vendors don't have the part you want, or it cost way more, then just buy those parts on shopee/lazada.

But if you are buying a new pc rig, and you don't want to install it yourself, you can just buy it from those vendor stores and they can install it for you. Shopee/lazada won't do that, unless you bought some sort of prebuilt system of sorts hmm.gif

other places are like dotatech and level51 where you can buy full completed pc systems. Dotatech won't do it unless you buy graphics card as well (they are probably getting a lot of customers if they can turn down customers for such petty things), but level51 is more flexible where they allow you to use your own graphics card if you prefer. these 2 places basically sell you prebuilts systems, however your options are limited to what they have for offer, if it's not in their list, your out of luck.

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Nov 27 2021, 09:50 PM
TheBladeRunner
post May 5 2022, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Hey all I plan to get CPU/Mobo combo.

Is it still good to order from Lazada/Shopee?

Can order from vendor listed on the lowyat.net pricelist front page?
TechDend P
post May 11 2022, 07:34 PM

Probation
8 posts

I buy from tiger direct or new egg
soonwai
post May 17 2022, 02:19 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(TheBladeRunner @ May 5 2022, 04:17 PM)
Hey all I plan to get CPU/Mobo combo.

Is it still good to order from Lazada/Shopee?

Can order from vendor listed on the lowyat.net pricelist front page?
Can. Just buy from those reputable sellers. Should be OK. My recent upgrade, I bought everything CPU, board, RAM & SSD from Lazada and Shopee. During sale, prices tend to be lower than shops. If buy from shops, I usually go Viewnet or ALLIT in LYP.

This post has been edited by soonwai: May 17 2022, 02:19 PM
RT8081
post May 25 2022, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

Usually in Lazada but i prefer to just walk into digital mall for better inspection.
Andrewtst
post May 26 2022, 04:15 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

99.99% Shopee. I abandon Lazada since last time they waste my 1/2 year time to refund me the money instead put at wallet due to their system issue, not my issue.
Cafe P
post Jun 13 2022, 12:17 PM

Probation
7 posts

Is it ok to buy ssd from livinggears?

Need ssd currently. Looking at 4TB capacity now.
Cafe P
post Jun 13 2022, 12:18 PM

Probation
7 posts

Need a sata ssd, nvme ssd way too expensive.
PRSXFENG
post Jun 13 2022, 01:26 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(Cafe @ Jun 13 2022, 12:17 PM)
Is it ok to buy ssd from livinggears?

Need ssd currently. Looking at 4TB capacity now.
that seller is fine
Breaktru
post Jun 13 2022, 09:10 PM

== The World ==
1,765 posts

PC Byte on Lazada pretty good. I’m not associated to them but bought several stuff like a 34” ultrawide even. Competitive pricing , quick and good packaging. Just wanted to give them a shoutout.
stevendeepdeep
post Jun 14 2022, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

I usually get from Shopee, like for example I got something from acer the other day and they had 6.6 sales going on so it was a steal! But I always try to look for the official stores though, don't really go for resellers unless I can't find the product on their official page.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 PM