2,145 posts

Don't think your post will reach #Maxis

Tag them #MaxisVOLTE #VOLTE
ijan
post Nov 4 2020, 11:45 AM

The one with a boring life...
3,345 posts

i baru recently tahu maxis belum ada volte

to me volte was life changing....almost 4 years back...not now, now its a necessity. Mxis xde volte lagi, waiseehhh

TSalfredhow78
post Nov 4 2020, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by alfredhow78: Nov 8 2020, 11:28 PM
TSalfredhow78
post Nov 4 2020, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(tyenfei @ Nov 4 2020, 11:43 AM)
Don't think your post will reach #Maxis

Tag them #MaxisVOLTE #VOLTE
thanks... tagged. notworthy.gif
TSalfredhow78
post Nov 4 2020, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(ijan @ Nov 4 2020, 11:45 AM)
i baru recently tahu maxis belum ada volte

to me volte was life changing....almost 4 years back...not now, now its a necessity. Mxis xde volte lagi, waiseehhh
youre right bro. unless their 3G speed is superfast.
NagaK
post Nov 4 2020, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 4 2020, 11:39 AM)
Dear Maxis,

I was your loyal customer that I switched my postpaid, my fiber and my family lines over to your network ,
until recently I lost respect to your network, totally disappointed on how maxis is rolling out VOLTE to customers.

most of the times I spend my day outside that I need to answer the phone and at the same time checking my emails and whatsapp. The internet instantly dropped to snail-like speed when it is on H+.

Until recently Maxis announced that it is rolling out VOLTE service.

It is funny that not even all customers are getting the VOLTE at the same time. it seems Maxis is "picking" some "lucky" customers for provisioning during the "pilot phase"

ok. I understand. So I've contacted your customer service via live chat and whatshapp. You said that the activation will be completed by 3/11/2020 and all the VOLTE supported devices will get the service by 4/11/2020.
Ok.. today is the day. and VOLTE has yet been activated for my number.

So I contacted your customer service again. You told me that my Mate30 is not supported. are you even kidding me that a premium phone cannot use your VOLTE service?
for huawei series, only Nova 7 is supported. and I insisted for your staff to help me at least submit a request for volte activation

I received different feedback from 2 of your customer service staff (1 from General Enquiries and 1 from Network Faulty)

1. one of the staff told me that upon checking MY NUMBER is not yet provisioned for volte. He asked me to wait for it to be manually activated by your backend staff.
I then requested to at least submit a request for manual activation. your staff told that it is not possible cause it will be manually provisioned BY BATCHES.

2. Next,  I proceed to restart my chat with your network staff, he told me different story. he told me that it is not possible to activate by number and it will be activated based on devices. and my Mate30 is not supported.
I am very sure that my device can use volte as I am using unifi mobile in my slot 2 and the VOLTE service is up and running.

so it is not my device problem, it is your problem.

and on your website you don't even publish a clear explanation on why only selected phones are supported.

you name yourself as a most advanced network and 5G ready in malaysia, you can't even enable simple service to your customers
Don't you feel guilty, so call a premium and most advanced telco in Malaysia but only mid-range smartphone can use your service?
I known your pain bro yes their VoLTE roll out totally is mess see iphones from 7 plus get VoLTE where android only latest smartphone that launch 3-4 months launched. Damn Digi still best in VoLTE activation by manually
I'm Digi user since 2017. I'm using VOLTE it's one the best features it had
Just yesterday Maxis enabled VoLTE in my 7 plus but when I swap the sim to Note10 it's doesn't work

This post has been edited by NagaK: Nov 4 2020, 09:12 PM
p4n6
post Nov 5 2020, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,445 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 4 2020, 11:39 AM)
Dear Maxis,

I was your loyal customer that I switched my postpaid, my fiber and my family lines over to your network ,
until recently I lost respect to your network, totally disappointed on how maxis is rolling out VOLTE to customers.

most of the times I spend my day outside that I need to answer the phone and at the same time checking my emails and whatsapp. The internet instantly dropped to snail-like speed when it is on H+.

Until recently Maxis announced that it is rolling out VOLTE service.

It is funny that not even all customers are getting the VOLTE at the same time. it seems Maxis is "picking" some "lucky" customers for provisioning during the "pilot phase"

ok. I understand. So I've contacted your customer service via live chat and whatshapp. You said that the activation will be completed by 3/11/2020 and all the VOLTE supported devices will get the service by 4/11/2020.
Ok.. today is the day. and VOLTE has yet been activated for my number.

So I contacted your customer service again. You told me that my Mate30 is not supported. are you even kidding me that a premium phone cannot use your VOLTE service?
for huawei series, only Nova 7 is supported. and I insisted for your staff to help me at least submit a request for volte activation

I received different feedback from 2 of your customer service staff (1 from General Enquiries and 1 from Network Faulty)

1. one of the staff told me that upon checking MY NUMBER is not yet provisioned for volte. He asked me to wait for it to be manually activated by your backend staff.
I then requested to at least submit a request for manual activation. your staff told that it is not possible cause it will be manually provisioned BY BATCHES.

2. Next,  I proceed to restart my chat with your network staff, he told me different story. he told me that it is not possible to activate by number and it will be activated based on devices. and my Mate30 is not supported.
I am very sure that my device can use volte as I am using unifi mobile in my slot 2 and the VOLTE service is up and running.

so it is not my device problem, it is your problem.

and on your website you don't even publish a clear explanation on why only selected phones are supported.

you name yourself as a most advanced network and 5G ready in malaysia, you can't even enable simple service to your customers
Don't you feel guilty, so call a premium and most advanced telco in Malaysia but only mid-range smartphone can use your service?
As someone explained in another VoLTE thread, Maxis needs to enable your sim & device manufacturer (yours Huawei) needs to enable your phone to allow VoLTE to be used in Maxis network.
Apparently, device manufacturers can lock the feature based on operator.
You can try to plug your sim into an iPhone see you can use VoLTE, if can then is the device problem ...
I saw some people plug their sim from iPhone (can use VoLTE) into Note 10 but can't use VoLTE .. so is device issue.
I'm using Note10+ I tried my sim to iPhone, is VoLTE, back to my Note10+ no VoLTE.

TSalfredhow78
post Nov 8 2020, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

Just an update.

Following my post on the forun, Maxis called me on friday 6/11/2020 and told me that my number has been provisioned for volte on 2/11/2020

But i am very sure and confirmed that I have contacted maxis on 3/11/2020 and they told me that my number hasn't been activated for volte.

Then maxis staff asked me to swap my sim to sim2 (currently i am using dual sim, unifi prepaid with volte enabled in sim 2.)

But to no avail.

Then maxis asked me to swap to another phone. Same, to no avail.

Next, i followed maxis suggestion saying that there might be something wrong with my sim card, i went to maxis center for sim card replacement.

Same, to no avail.

The maxis staff then created a case for me.

Yesterday my phone received a monthly firmware upgrade. I was so happy. But still volte nowhere can be seen.

Today. I contacted maxis again. To make sure that whether my number is indeed volte enabled, the staff told me that NO.

You can see the way they reply to message. 4-5 Mins for 1 reply.
WOW. wasting my time.

user posted image

This post has been edited by alfredhow78: Nov 8 2020, 03:56 PM
KCY3701
post Nov 8 2020, 04:10 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 8 2020, 03:50 PM)
Just an update.

Following my post on the forun, Maxis called me on friday 6/11/2020 and told me that my number has been provisioned for volte on 2/11/2020

But i am very sure and confirmed that I have contacted maxis on 3/11/2020  and they told me that my number hasn't been activated for volte.

Then maxis staff asked me to swap my sim to sim2 (currently i am using dual sim, unifi prepaid with volte enabled in sim 2.)

But to no avail.

Next, i followed maxis suggestion saying that there might be something wrong with my sim card, i went to maxis center for sim card replacement.

Same, to no avail.

Yesterday my phone received a monthly firmware upgrade. I was so happy. But still volte nowhere can be seen.

Today. I contacted maxis again. To make sure that whether my number is indeed volte enabled, the staff told me that NO.

WOW. wasting my time.

user posted image
5 mins damn good liao lo. Mine replied after a few hours, I contacted Maxis CS through official Whatsapp.

user posted image

From chatbot to verification takes 4 hours+.

This post has been edited by KCY3701: Nov 8 2020, 05:01 PM
TSalfredhow78
post Nov 8 2020, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(KCY3701 @ Nov 8 2020, 04:10 PM)
5 mins damn good liao lo. Mine replied after a few hours, I contacted Maxis CS through official Whatsapp.

user posted image

From chatbot to verification takes 4 hours+.
Maxis should really look into this issue. Their app live chat will be automatically ended when idle for 3 mins. But thier cs is taking a long time to reply. 5 mins. How may i help you. After 5 mins please wait... After 5 minutes i am sorry.

WhatsApp is even bad according to your experience.

KCY3701
post Nov 8 2020, 09:26 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 8 2020, 09:25 PM)
Maxis should really look into this issue.  Their app live chat will be automatically ended when idle for 3 mins. But thier cs is taking a long time to reply. 5 mins. How may i help you. After 5 mins please wait... After 5 minutes i am sorry.

WhatsApp is even bad according to your experience.
I think /k is better than their customer service themselves.
ben3003
post Nov 8 2020, 09:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,905 posts

Do you think maxis give a fuk? Especially the fuking big boss earning big bucks and only u care.

Just switch la if u don like
p4n6
post Nov 9 2020, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,445 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 8 2020, 03:50 PM)
Just an update.

But i am very sure and confirmed that I have contacted maxis on 3/11/2020  and they told me that my number hasn't been activated for volte.

But to no avail.

Same, to no avail.

WOW. wasting my time.

user posted image
Your phone is Mate30 not even in their list yet so it makes sense if cannot use, try it on an iPhone to confirm whether your sim is activated or not lah .. like all of us that been trying out ...
If iPhone can, Mate30 cannot then you can bring to Huawei service centre to ask them why?
If iPhone also cannot then you can complain to Maxis again.
I saw their reply to you sometime yes sometime no really hopeless...
TSalfredhow78
post Nov 9 2020, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Nov 9 2020, 11:44 AM)
Your phone is Mate30 not even in their list yet so it makes sense if cannot use, try it on an iPhone to confirm whether your sim is activated or not lah .. like all of us that been trying out ...
If iPhone can, Mate30 cannot then you can bring to Huawei service centre to ask them why?
If iPhone also cannot then you can complain to Maxis again.
I saw their reply to you sometime yes sometime no really hopeless...
ive swapped my sim to other samsung phone which is supported. but no luck. haha
Dozz
post Nov 9 2020, 01:55 PM

Regular
1,667 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 9 2020, 01:34 PM)
Are you using multi SIM ?
p4n6
post Nov 9 2020, 02:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,445 posts

QUOTE(alfredhow78 @ Nov 9 2020, 01:34 PM)
If the samsung phone in their list not in latest firmware (Nov) that enable the Maxis Volte also will not work. On contrary, their website states iPhone iOS 13.1 (which is 1 yr old firmware) can support ... thats why i feel if want to know exactly really need to make sure alot of things inc the phone firmware version. Someone posted recently Note10 Lite, S10 and S10e miracly can see VoLTE when in latest patch by Samsung not before. I tried on Note10+ still not yet despite Nov firmware. iPhone XS is okay. So will wait.
dannychen
post Nov 9 2020, 02:19 PM

Regular
1,052 posts

requirements for Maxis VoLTE
1) Maxis/ Hotlink Consumer Postpaid customers (not on Multisim, not prepaid, not corporate line)
2) supported VoLTE phones in their list
3) update to the most latest phoneware
4) within 4g coverage area

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th January 2021 - 07:29 AM