Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can i Buy BMW G20 - 320i

views

tpleong
post Dec 7 2020, 06:16 PM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(hOnGhOnG @ Dec 7 2020, 03:55 PM)
I was also eyeing 320I but sadly no white color so I went for 330e. BM is my dream car too since young and now am a proud owner.

320I there's a few thing need to take note (those concern me anyway)
1) no adaptive suspension but it is comfort and no problem if you need more aggressive drive, corner at highspeed is stable
2) back seat is excellent at least the seat covers until your ankle area so your leg is not hanging, good for a family car.
3) 8.8 inch infotainment screen, analog cockpit (which i prefer, the digital one really need times to get used to)
4) the exhaust POPS hehe, nice pop sound if that's your thing.

thats all come into my mind atm. go achieve your dream.
I am now eying the 330e , hopefully can get it before the year ends . How's the car so far ?
tpleong
post Dec 8 2020, 02:04 PM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(hOnGhOnG @ Dec 8 2020, 01:35 PM)
pros:

1) Quiet (My wife said the quietness + music + the seat makes her feel like want to have a good sleep)

2) Electric - My workplace is not far from home, around 30 km round trip, battery can last around 50-60 km. Own the car for 1 month but haven't refill petrol yet. Estimate electric bill for charging the car, since it is a 12 kWh battery size, using TNB highest tariff 57.10sen/kWh, if charge from empty 0% to 100% everyday around RM7 per day RM210 per month? (not sure yet haven't receive my new TNB bill)

3) bigger 10.25 inches screen than 320i (8.8 inches). Android/Apple carplay using google map on that screen is a blast.

4) New digital instrument cluster... need time to get used to it, looks good but I still prefer analog.

5) Power - electric acceleration is powerful. (but i didn't push the car too far la.. just uncle normal drive watch scenery only)

6) Adaptive suspension, so you can go hard or comfort.

7) Comes with lane departure, blind spot monitoring, emergency braking, auto parking etc etc.. still lack if compare to top spec Japanese car, but good to have additional protection anyway. (Malaysian too cheap if later BMW Malaysia includes everything and price goes up people complains lagi)

8) cosmetic - internal led strip.. car handle led.. welcome light carpet... blue m-sport brake caliper.. (not important la just the looks)

9) back seat is comfort, support full length of your thigh.

10) wireless carplay/AA and wireless charger.

cons:

1) Tyre pressure monitor no numbers reading.. so only when puncture then it will notify you.. if got numbers reading then at least can see the pressure go down bit by bit (if not serious) so can go repair the tyre earlier.

2) no 360 cam yet in 2020, no adaptive cruise control in 2020. But yeah, we will complain price too steep if includes those. Top up RM20k can buy volvo with those features.

3) when you open drivers door, the car will shut down automatically, super inconvenient when you just want to grab something and your family still in the car. There is workaround for this which is to step on brake and accelerator to force the engine to run then only open the door but you won't like it.

4) exhaust doesn't sound nice like 320i or 330i pop pop pop. But hey it is an environmental friendly e-car right?

Exhaust sound can be adjusted via Idrive .....

5) no central locking at passenger side or center of the car, wife's hand have to reach all the way to drivers door to lock all doors.
Thanks for the lengthy reviews . By the way, may I ask what kind of discoun you are getting ? Thanks

This post has been edited by tpleong: Dec 8 2020, 02:25 PM
tpleong
post Apr 19 2021, 04:20 PM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Apr 19 2021, 04:03 PM)
Pre-reg means second hand lah.
But luxury marques sometimes will "buy" thier leftover unsold stock to meet thier quota. Usually at tail end of a model run or pending new facelift.

Usually they will use as demo, loaner cars or management cars.  Some cars may be event sponsor cars.
Usually low mileage and have full warranty.
You got it wrong ...Pre-owned means second hand but pre-reg is NEW ( 0 miliege) and just registered under a company then sell to you .
tpleong
post Apr 19 2021, 04:22 PM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Apr 17 2021, 04:55 PM)
Thanks for all your useful feedback guys! There's one more thing I'm kinda confused about: Apple CarPlay

Is there a trial period now? Or it's just disabled until u pay the one-off payment?

Is the payment only to enable "wireless" car play, or the whole Apple CarPlay system? Cos I read some articles saying payment is needed to enalble wireless Apple CarPlay (means wired Apple CarPlay is free?)
Ill answer you, you get a 3 months free trial period . After that , you need to pay one off RM1288, I think , to continue to use it .

However, Android is FREE

Also , under the BMWconnectedDrive, a lot of the things need subscribtion . rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by tpleong: Apr 19 2021, 06:17 PM
tpleong
post Apr 19 2021, 06:05 PM

On my way
663 posts

-reg
QUOTE(BigMan123 @ Apr 19 2021, 05:53 PM)
Pre reg…what you say is true but usually they will run it for some km before passing to you. They have to take that as proof to claim from BMW as part of their advertisement costs or sonethings
It's the 7% fleet discount ....They used a shell company for that purpose . if you obeserve carefully, the discount you get from pre-reg is about 7%.

This post has been edited by tpleong: Apr 19 2021, 06:18 PM
tpleong
post Apr 19 2021, 06:19 PM

On my way
663 posts

QUOTE(jonlee @ Apr 12 2021, 07:33 PM)
Not only the 330i, I booked the 330e in Nov 20 and until now still no stock 😂
Got mine in Jan 21

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 05:33 PM