Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can i Buy BMW G20 - 320i

views

littlefire
post Dec 9 2020, 11:54 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(MoneyChaser @ Dec 8 2020, 01:30 PM)
bro dont la cucuk me , haha..

but yea lotsa year end sales for BMW , last call for Tax Rebates .

im still in a limbo , current a H driver , served me well for the last 10 years , hasnt failed me at all , just regular service at the SC and now the normal mechanics.

Thinking of making the switch to the conti league .. but yea options are plenty , considering the X1 , CHR , CX30 , but dont really know or come up with a sound judgement yet ..
Forget about X1 or CHR. These 2 model not worth.

If you die die like BMW SUV better upgrade to X3 or get pre-own which is also around 200k for 2~3 years car.
X3 is one of the best handling & value SUV in BMW line. Just google about X3 you will know why.

CX30 is a bit mix bag for me. The price is a bit high to justify why to not choose CX-5 which is better in everything at similar price point..

littlefire
post Apr 2 2021, 08:49 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 1 2021, 07:46 PM)
GVC, no. GVC+ perhaps.

GVC+ adds braking on the front wheels so when you turn into a corner, braking is applied onto the inside wheels and then it applies braking to the outer wheels when the car senses the steering is returning to the center.

this makes the car drives a little bit more direct/sharp, pointing the nose of the car more accurately in the direction which corresponds to the steering input. the effects of GVC+ can be felt/seen when driving in a round-about and you need not make small adjustments to the steering and the car will just cruise along around it.

to truly say that a car handles well, it depends on many parts/components (eg: suspension, chassis etc).

one of the main difference between ESC and GVC+ is that ESC kicks in only when the car senses a loss of traction on the tires (usually in an emergency) whereas GVC+ is constantly working in the background and doesn't only work when there's a loss of traction on the tires.
Simplify the technology name is also knew as electronic torque vectoring... icon_idea.gif
It is Mazda own version of torque vectoring to improve cornering ability without the expense of driver comfort;
Using steering control & braking system to help improve Mazda is going for more & more electronic assistance, compare to traditional torque vectoring which is more towards mechanical.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Apr 2 2021, 08:50 AM
littlefire
post Jun 3 2021, 09:12 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(thesnake @ Jun 2 2021, 07:57 PM)
somehow 320i is better
Agree, for normal daily drive 320i serve the purpose better, it is not so hardcore and more subtle to drive around and also cost lesser.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jun 3 2021, 09:12 AM
littlefire
post Jun 9 2021, 09:19 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(RL5959 @ Jun 9 2021, 12:46 AM)
Welcome. I use RealOEM to compare prices. It's approx USD prices, so if the workshop here is charging more than double, then you'd better ask them to throw in some extra lube.
RealOEM pricing is not always updated.
You need to go at least 2~3 international website like UK car spare part, ebay or german spare part site to compare.
If your part is rare or need special order usually it will be more expensive as spare part shop will help just to order that particular part for you using fast courier from oversea.
littlefire
post Jun 9 2021, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Jun 9 2021, 01:25 PM)
Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.

So even when taken care of as meticulously as u did, a BMW would probably need an engine/gearbox overhaul at around 6 years / 100+k km...

Would it be unrealistic to expect to keep a BMW (3 series) for 10 years without undergoing a major overhaul? Is this BMW specific or does it affect most conti cars?
Overhauling is quite subjective, for what i know BMW if after warranty are easy to leak oil due to the gasket and rubber part around the engine will wear.
Usually these oil leak can be settle without dissemble the whole internal engine. Normal oil leak area like engine flywheel/gearbox oil seal, main pulley oil seal, engine valve cover seal, oil pan are just a few which is common to leak after warranty. Usually after change it, you should be ok to last another 5 years or 100k if getting original stuff.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jun 9 2021, 05:17 PM
littlefire
post Jun 10 2021, 09:08 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(HalseyFrangipane @ Jun 9 2021, 09:52 PM)
No they do not.

Leaks are usually from old gasket and rubber and do not require an overhaul.
Yes, agree.

Recently my mechanic met a BMW owner which i believe might be scam by some workshop.
Some owners are phobia about oil leak or any warning symbols coming out from the meter and did not have basic knowledge about cars. With this weakness some workshop took the opportunity and scam the owner by saying the need to do major overhauling or expensive repairs which actually just did few gasket or oil ring change...
littlefire
post Jun 11 2021, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(HalseyFrangipane @ Jun 11 2021, 01:55 AM)
Nothing against owners who want to drive BMW for the brand or luxury, but I highly recommend a Lexus or something else that's reliable if they aren't an enthusiast, or at least aren't willing to put in the research to know what are the causes of issues, etc and just let a workshop take care of all the maintenance. But of course, it's not their fault as the workshops aren't even suppose to be scamming people in the first place.
This is a sad truth as a lot of workshop mentality is that people which can drive BMW, Merc (Even Lexus) must be rich people and willing to pay more.. I think if you really do research or survay, 10 workshop 9 of them for sure will say charge the BMW, Merc owner higher for similar job.. laugh.gif
littlefire
post Jun 14 2021, 01:50 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Jun 12 2021, 08:29 PM)
Thanks a lot for the very detailed explanation!!

With this information in hand, would I be able to offset daily short trips in the mornings to the workplace with a longer drive (say around 10km) during lunchtime to avoid this problem?
Your longer drive is driven in what condition? If highway with higher speed is ok, but if the 10km also is stop start or slow traffic jam situation which is like driving in city or small town area actually is also LPPL..

This post has been edited by littlefire: Jun 14 2021, 01:51 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2021 - 02:02 AM