Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can i Buy BMW G20 - 320i

views

fastreader
post Jun 7 2021, 08:54 AM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(RL5959 @ Jun 6 2021, 11:27 PM)
Family member and I bought the previous gen BMW 5 when it first came out, 7years ago, at the same time.

My car: 6 years, 120k km, regular 10k service, no issues at all but I could sense the car was about to give issues just before I sold it. Took care of it, didn't redline, hardly ever over 4-5k rpm. Parked under shade, rubber bits took 5 years to begin going sticky. I bought the replacement.

Other car: 5.5 years, 110k km, irregular 10-20km service, engine overhaul 3rd year and engine/tranny overhaul 5th year. Not really that cared for as much, revved a bit harder, occasionally parked in sun, rubber bits sticky after 3 years. This car was not replaced by another BMW.

Anecdotal experience yes, but if you do put some effort into taking care of it, it should serve well. Just remember that they're not really built for our heat and humidity, and it's best to not hold on to them after 6 years.
wow..tats quite an unfortunate vehicle for the 5.5years...cos a lot of beemer holds well past 7-8 years... i'm still whacking my E90 like a ricer btw.

a year 2011 (final production year) E90..so, yea, reaching double digit in age...sticky parts (interior door handle) changed, window seal change,coolant hose, signal lights...all for under 1k...

This post has been edited by fastreader: Jun 7 2021, 08:59 AM
fastreader
post Jun 8 2021, 08:24 AM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(RL5959 @ Jun 7 2021, 09:30 PM)
Ok this is quite important also.
Final production year is obv the best year in terms of reliability cos all kinks ironed out. But also depreciation hits the hardest.
The cars I mentioned were 2nd year cars - smack in between launch and LCI.
I say this because first year cars, of which I've had a couple of BMWs that fall in that range, including a 3rd month car, are understandably still plagued with new model issues. Many of these issue affect the car reasonably soon, others takes years to come into play. But normally after a year they'd pick up on the most critical ones. Sites like RealOEM will show which parts get switched out.

Also just have a google for the TSBs out for your car.
yeap, agreed on the final production year purchase's depreciation.. doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif cry.gif cry.gif

thanks for sharing on the RealOEM site, for future references and knowledge juga. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:28 PM