Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can i Buy BMW G20 - 320i

views

shaniandras2787
post Apr 1 2021, 06:46 PM

drugged coordinator
1,872 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Oct 31 2020, 12:26 PM)
Does GVC even improve the handling in Mazdas? As far as I know it only improves the ride comfort and doesn't contribute to any improvement in handling. It's like ESC which doesn't improve handling.
GVC, no. GVC+ perhaps.

GVC+ adds braking on the front wheels so when you turn into a corner, braking is applied onto the inside wheels and then it applies braking to the outer wheels when the car senses the steering is returning to the center.

this makes the car drives a little bit more direct/sharp, pointing the nose of the car more accurately in the direction which corresponds to the steering input. the effects of GVC+ can be felt/seen when driving in a round-about and you need not make small adjustments to the steering and the car will just cruise along around it.

to truly say that a car handles well, it depends on many parts/components (eg: suspension, chassis etc).

one of the main difference between ESC and GVC+ is that ESC kicks in only when the car senses a loss of traction on the tires (usually in an emergency) whereas GVC+ is constantly working in the background and doesn't only work when there's a loss of traction on the tires.

puffyballzzz
post Apr 1 2021, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

One advise. Just buy it if you can afford it. And only buy new. I have owned several BMWs from E30 to G30 all new from Auto Bavaria. Only those who have never owned one or can only afford used BMWs are whiners of them being unreliable, expensive to repair, etc.

None of my BMWs have ever gotten into any major repairs. I buy and sell them after 3-4 years of ownership.

A EURO car will always be a EURO car. The driving experience will out perform any JDM car. That’s the fact.
electron
post Apr 1 2021, 10:28 PM

Regular
1,315 posts

QUOTE(smurfs_89 @ Apr 1 2021, 04:30 PM)
Finally I get brand new BMW 320i with idrive 7. thank you so much for all the positive comments
320i with i-drive 7?
Did they update the spec kit?
They did that on the pre-facelift 5 series
littlefire
post Apr 2 2021, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
940 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 1 2021, 07:46 PM)
GVC, no. GVC+ perhaps.

GVC+ adds braking on the front wheels so when you turn into a corner, braking is applied onto the inside wheels and then it applies braking to the outer wheels when the car senses the steering is returning to the center.

this makes the car drives a little bit more direct/sharp, pointing the nose of the car more accurately in the direction which corresponds to the steering input. the effects of GVC+ can be felt/seen when driving in a round-about and you need not make small adjustments to the steering and the car will just cruise along around it.

to truly say that a car handles well, it depends on many parts/components (eg: suspension, chassis etc).

one of the main difference between ESC and GVC+ is that ESC kicks in only when the car senses a loss of traction on the tires (usually in an emergency) whereas GVC+ is constantly working in the background and doesn't only work when there's a loss of traction on the tires.
Simplify the technology name is also knew as electronic torque vectoring... icon_idea.gif
It is Mazda own version of torque vectoring to improve cornering ability without the expense of driver comfort;
Using steering control & braking system to help improve Mazda is going for more & more electronic assistance, compare to traditional torque vectoring which is more towards mechanical.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Apr 2 2021, 08:50 AM
V12Kompressor
post Apr 2 2021, 10:09 AM

No carrots here
2,085 posts

QUOTE(electron @ Apr 1 2021, 10:28 PM)
320i with i-drive 7?
Did they update the spec kit?
They did that on the pre-facelift 5 series
Yes, 320i now with iDrive 7.0 and updated Live Cockpit Plus

This post has been edited by V12Kompressor: Apr 2 2021, 10:09 AM
Pepperboy
post Apr 2 2021, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Apr 2 2021, 10:09 AM)
Are u sure bro? As far as I know its Operating System 6.0...
V12Kompressor
post Apr 3 2021, 12:19 AM

No carrots here
2,085 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Apr 2 2021, 08:58 PM)
Are u sure bro? As far as I know its Operating System 6.0...
go check it out at BMW showrooms.

Oh, and sunset orange has been dropped for 2021 too.
Jason
post Apr 3 2021, 01:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,563 posts

Hi TS. It is your money so don't let us decide for you.

YOLO. In this unfortunate pandemic, you might have contracted COVID, GG and bye bye from this world.

The question you need to ask yourself is, do you want to spend your hard earned money on this? And what other commitments you have.

Buying a BMW isn't really buying a car, it is a luxury compact car after all. You are paying for the luxury. If you wanted "just" a car. Buy an Axia and it can bring you from point A to point B just like the BMW.

I can tell you that it is definitely not worth it from an objective point of view, cause the moment you buy it, it depreciates immediately. 3 years, the depreciation is sufficient to buy a brand new Myvi.

Go test drive it, if you love it, buy it. That being said, since you are buying a BMW anyway, go all the way and get the 330i. Don't waste time with the 320i. If you can't stretch that far get the 330e. Ignore the idiots, make sure you get the 5 years warranty, not sure if current lineup they still give you 5 years free service.
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 3 2021, 03:26 AM

Casual
333 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Apr 3 2021, 01:58 AM)
Hi TS. It is your money so don't let us decide for you.

YOLO. In this unfortunate pandemic, you might have contracted COVID, GG and bye bye from this world.

The question you need to ask yourself is, do you want to spend your hard earned money on this? And what other commitments you have.

Buying a BMW isn't really buying a car, it is a luxury compact car after all. You are paying for the luxury. If you wanted "just" a car. Buy an Axia and it can bring you from point A to point B just like the BMW.

I can tell you that it is definitely not worth it from an objective point of view, cause the moment you buy it, it depreciates immediately. 3 years, the depreciation is sufficient to buy a brand new Myvi.

Go test drive it, if you love it, buy it. That being said, since you are buying a BMW anyway, go all the way and get the 330i. Don't waste time with the 320i. If you can't stretch that far get the 330e. Ignore the idiots, make sure you get the 5 years warranty, not sure if current lineup they still give you 5 years free service.
TS, like what this guy said.

If you really love BMWs, you can also consider getting a much older model where prices have depreciated a lot, and put money into changing all the wear and tear items, old parts that are due for a change, and restore the interior/exterior. You get a fun, functioning bimmer which has already been fixed by yourself, so you know what's already been done to the car, and the total cost would be much lower than retail price as others have already took the hit of depreciation for you.
kwk_1995
post Apr 3 2021, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

Depreciation kills you...... After transfer name ur car value str8 drop 40%......
SUSfreeman1
post Apr 3 2021, 12:17 PM

On my way
525 posts

Buy and regret later... that's life...
Pepperboy
post Apr 3 2021, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Apr 3 2021, 01:58 AM)
Am wondering... does the battery in EVs cause a lot of headache? Eg. Breakdown, have to always service, range decrease over a couple of years... y those comments on Paultan keep discouraging ppl from geeting the PHEV version (besides the resale value factor)...

Jason
post Apr 3 2021, 02:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,563 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Apr 3 2021, 12:56 PM)
Am wondering... does the battery in EVs cause a lot of headache? Eg. Breakdown, have to always service, range decrease over a couple of years... y those comments on Paultan keep discouraging ppl from geeting the PHEV version (besides the resale value factor)...
The battery that always koyak is the auxiliary battery. That is not the hybrid battery. This battery is covered under warranty and is a plug and play affair. It’s same as changing a car battery.

The hybrid battery will lose its capacity over time, just like our hand phones, but it is not as bad because unlike our hand phone, BMW designed the AC to be able to cool the battery. The thing that kills lithium ion battery is heat. So that is mitigated. The wear and tear is normal. But you can get 8 years warranty for the battery from BMW.

PHEV and hybrid suffer in resale value due to perception, which is based on the A6 hybrid which is terrible, the Mercedes with its single battery design which costs a bomb to replace (BMW use modular packs so you change only the faulty module).

My personal advice if you want your cake and eat it too, get a 2018 BMW 330e, which is still under warranty and free service until 2023, and if it has the extended warranty for the battery its covered until 2026. The prices for it is a crazy steal due to the fear mongering and perception. And the first owner already took the hit. Be sure to get the M Sport model. It is fully spec and the HUD is very convenient.
BigMan123
post Apr 3 2021, 02:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,076 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Apr 2 2021, 10:09 AM)
Confirm for 2021 production onwards
BigMan123
post Apr 3 2021, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,076 posts

And sunset orange has been dropped due to low demand.

Mediterranean Blue is replaced by Phytonic Blue
Pepperboy
post Apr 3 2021, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(BigMan123 @ Apr 3 2021, 05:11 PM)
Mediterranean Blue is replaced by Phytonic Blue
What's the difference between those 2 blues? The Mediterranean really suited the 320i...
BigMan123
post Apr 3 2021, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,076 posts

QUOTE(Pepperboy @ Apr 3 2021, 05:16 PM)
What's the difference between those 2 blues? The Mediterranean really suited the 320i...
The x3 m sport and the new 5 series facelift advertisements are phytonic blue
archonixm
post Apr 3 2021, 11:32 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

BMW M4? Anyone buying lol
nabelon
post Apr 4 2021, 09:38 AM

My Fight, My Freedom, My Desire
1,711 posts

Nice ta getting a 320i. Ibtest drove one but did not like the floaty comfy feel and the slush box gb but maybe thats me. 218i felt more engaging albeit with less power.

Well in my mind is also a cla45 with the same price but no factory warranty. Maybe will test again the 330i.

Anyways happy driving.
Pepperboy
post Apr 8 2021, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Also curious about run-flats (all BMWs now have 'em?)...

Are they really that fragile and prone to punctures than "regular" tyres?

Do we have to babysit run-flats?

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2021 - 11:19 PM