QUOTE(tpleong @ Dec 7 2020, 06:16 PM)
I am now eying the 330e , hopefully can get it before the year ends . How's the car so far ?
1) Quiet (My wife said the quietness + music + the seat makes her feel like want to have a good sleep)
2) Electric - My workplace is not far from home, around 30 km round trip, battery can last around 50-60 km. Own the car for 1 month but haven't refill petrol yet. Estimate electric bill for charging the car, since it is a 12 kWh battery size, using TNB highest tariff 57.10sen/kWh, if charge from empty 0% to 100% everyday around RM7 per day RM210 per month? (not sure yet haven't receive my new TNB bill)
3) bigger 10.25 inches screen than 320i (8.8 inches). Android/Apple carplay using google map on that screen is a blast.
4) New digital instrument cluster... need time to get used to it, looks good but I still prefer analog.
5) Power - electric acceleration is powerful. (but i didn't push the car too far la.. just uncle normal drive watch scenery only)
6) Adaptive suspension, so you can go hard or comfort.
7) Comes with lane departure, blind spot monitoring, emergency braking, auto parking etc etc.. still lack if compare to top spec Japanese car, but good to have additional protection anyway. (Malaysian too cheap if later BMW Malaysia includes everything and price goes up people complains lagi)
8) cosmetic - internal led strip.. car handle led.. welcome light carpet... blue m-sport brake caliper.. (not important la just the looks)
9) back seat is comfort, support full length of your thigh.
10) wireless carplay/AA and wireless charger.
1) Tyre pressure monitor no numbers reading.. so only when puncture then it will notify you.. if got numbers reading then at least can see the pressure go down bit by bit (if not serious) so can go repair the tyre earlier.
2) no 360 cam yet in 2020, no adaptive cruise control in 2020. But yeah, we will complain price too steep if includes those. Top up RM20k can buy volvo with those features.
3) when you open drivers door, the car will shut down automatically, super inconvenient when you just want to grab something and your family still in the car. There is workaround for this which is to step on brake and accelerator to force the engine to run then only open the door but you won't like it.
4) exhaust doesn't sound nice like 320i or 330i pop pop pop. But hey it is an environmental friendly e-car right?
5) no central locking at passenger side or center of the car, wife's hand have to reach all the way to drivers door to lock all doors.