Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pokemon Card can sell for $20,000 USD, ktard got collect?

views

Jedi
post Jan 23 2021, 03:29 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Oct 26 2020, 02:40 PM)
Recently, I've been intrigued by Pokemon collecting cards again. Just check out the price of card these days.

user posted image

And that is just average price of this card. The top mint card can actually sell for over 250k USD.

Absolutely nuts right?

Any ktard sitting on a gold mine ?
I have this exact card, my friend sold me RM50, at that time I was excited standard 3 when it just came out

After holding it a day I regretted, bec I used tuition fee to give. cb

I think, I dont know where I put this card, somewhere in drawer of my room back in hometown
Irzani
post Jan 23 2021, 03:33 PM

Just you know why .. why u and i ...
2,961 posts

QUOTE(msacras @ Jan 23 2021, 03:21 PM)
Most hobbies/cardgames shop sure carry genuine PTCG cards. Most fake cards are cheaply manufactured and their printing/paper quality or smells can easily tell they’re fake right away.

Back to the cards, you need to be familiar on the monthly booster packs and how many forms (like small/big/gift box) they came with. Each packs have its own code, like now is Sword and Shield era, so the code is SS1 and etc. Apart from the monthly packs, there’s also structured theme decks which is decent for starters or kids to get the most basic gameplay. Lastly, there’s those bulky gift-pack box which sell you some specific designated monster cards (unlike normal packs which you have to draw them by lucks). It came bundled with few packs of off-season booster packs.

In short, finding matching products that’s available in official channel and buying from legit sources. Fake cards don’t normally try to emulate and attempt to sell as legit cards, there’s usually packaging or quality differences which can easily told in person.
https://www.pokemoncenter.com/category/trad...nch_date%2Bdesc
Noted and thank you for the advise. thumbup.gif

Therefore, I would opt for the cardgames shop instead of online.

Thank you again.
PaperClip224
post Jan 23 2021, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

oh god .......
my mum threw away a big folder of these cards i collect !
msacras
post Jan 23 2021, 03:37 PM

Regular
1,672 posts

QUOTE(Irzani @ Jan 23 2021, 03:33 PM)
Noted and thank you for the advise.  thumbup.gif

Therefore, I would opt for the cardgames shop instead of online.

Thank you again.
First hands experience better to card shops first.

Once you’re familiarise yourself with it, you should be able to easily tell if it’s fake/fishy even on online shops.
Irzani
post Jan 23 2021, 03:54 PM

2,961 posts

QUOTE(msacras @ Jan 23 2021, 03:37 PM)
First hands experience better to card shops first.

Once you’re familiarise yourself with it, you should be able to easily tell if it’s fake/fishy even on online shops.
Will do accordingly thumbsup.gif . I've one in my mind now for a start:

user posted image
TrialGone
post Jan 23 2021, 03:56 PM

On my way
603 posts

Well, at least better than btc.
TrialGone
post Jan 23 2021, 03:57 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 23 2021, 03:29 PM)
I have this exact card, my friend sold me RM50, at that time I was excited standard 3 when it just came out

After holding it a day I regretted, bec I used tuition fee to give. cb

I think, I dont know where I put this card, somewhere in drawer of my room back in hometown
Dont mind. If not mint, I dont think it will sell much anyway.
SUSLiamness
post Jan 23 2021, 06:54 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(TrialGone @ Jan 23 2021, 03:57 PM)
Dont mind. If not mint, I dont think it will sell much anyway.
if first ed, even if not in mint condition, it will fetch tens of thousands or even more.
codebreaker
post Jan 23 2021, 06:56 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Black Lotus from magic gathering also high price
TrialGone
post Jan 23 2021, 07:58 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Jan 23 2021, 06:54 PM)
if first ed, even if not in mint condition, it will fetch tens of thousands or even more.
Collector's market usually favor mint (or at least near-mint) condition a lot cause it needs to be kept for "long term investment". So for used card, it really hard to justify paying "tens of thousands". I know some collectors really nitpick card condition like coloration, dent, scratches, and each flaw reduce the value.

Again, depend if they willing to pay that much. If Im the serious collector I rather save that money and buy actual "mint" card. Also there are a lot of 1st edition cards out there for collectors to explore. The rare part is find one where the box yet opened. So not like they in hurry to pay for used cards.
SUSLiamness
post Jan 23 2021, 08:20 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(TrialGone @ Jan 23 2021, 07:58 PM)
Collector's market usually favor mint (or at least near-mint) condition a lot cause it needs to be kept for "long term investment". So for used card, it really hard to justify paying "tens of thousands". I know some collectors really nitpick card condition like coloration, dent, scratches, and each flaw reduce the value.

Again, depend if they willing to pay that much. If Im the serious collector I rather save that money and buy actual "mint" card. Also there are a lot of 1st edition cards out there for collectors to explore. The rare part is find one where the box yet opened. So not like they in hurry to pay for used cards.
prices are jumping like crazy.. When I started this thread a few months ago, the card was only 150k usd.

today, it is already 250k usd and climbing. People will just pay, due to fear of missing out.

This post has been edited by Liamness: Jan 23 2021, 08:21 PM
TrialGone
post Jan 23 2021, 08:29 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Jan 23 2021, 08:20 PM)
prices are jumping like crazy.. When I started this thread a few months ago, the card was only 150k usd.

today, it is already 250k usd and climbing. People will just pay, due to fear of missing out.
Again like btc, that's up to those who willing to pay. But "collectors" and FOMO btc coiners are different species. Collectors buy pokemon card knows they need to upkeep and storage. FOMO idiots who buy but dont know how to upkeep gonna get themselves burned.

Also the reason why suddently its gaining popularity cause of logan paul.
red streak
post Jan 23 2021, 08:30 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,482 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Oct 26 2020, 02:40 PM)
Recently, I've been intrigued by Pokemon collecting cards again. Just check out the price of card these days.

user posted image

And that is just average price of this card. The top mint card can actually sell for over 250k USD.

Absolutely nuts right?

Any ktard sitting on a gold mine ?
Actually had this but it wasn't mint. Kept it in a file with the plastic wrap and shit.
TrialGone
post Jan 23 2021, 08:34 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(red streak @ Jan 23 2021, 08:30 PM)
Actually had this but it wasn't mint. Kept it in a file with the plastic wrap and shit.
If you have it mean its not even that rare. Probably the rarity comes from how mint it is. Right now I'm seeing bunch of people opening up supposedly unopened pokemon card boxes on utube. And if I have to guess, the virality is the reason why the card trading suddenly booming.

This post has been edited by TrialGone: Jan 23 2021, 08:36 PM
red streak
post Jan 23 2021, 10:13 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,482 posts

QUOTE(TrialGone @ Jan 23 2021, 08:34 PM)
If you have it mean its not even that rare. Probably the rarity comes from how mint it is. Right now I'm seeing bunch of people opening up supposedly unopened pokemon card boxes on utube. And if I have to guess, the virality is the reason why the card trading suddenly booming.
They're not rare to begin with. It's just that nobody outside of hardcore autists keeps them in mint condition for decades instead of playing with them. I had so many first edition cards that I collected, usually through trades with my friends back then.
DeepMemory
post Jan 23 2021, 10:23 PM

Regular
1,765 posts

Anyone know where to sell pokemon cards? Local preferably.
mattfrank
post Jan 23 2021, 10:27 PM

42 posts

You can buy a house with a copy of Black Lotus!!!
DjKenji
post Mar 3 2021, 12:22 AM

On my way
643 posts

QUOTE(DeepMemory @ Jan 23 2021, 10:23 PM)
Anyone know where to sell pokemon cards? Local preferably.
carousel or ebay maybe?
Irzani
post Jul 21 2021, 01:52 AM

2,961 posts

Hi /k,

Ayam necro this tered to ask more regarding TCG card shop.

Anyone know this online shop at Lazada : https://www.lazada.com.my/shop/games-more is legit or not?

I've spent almost RM 350 bought Pokemons TCG from Ministry of Hobbies (https://www.lazada.com.my/shop/ministry-of-hobbies) but they out of stock.

Any kaki please advise? I'm gonna spent another RM 1.1 K this Friday. rclxms.gif

WinkyJr
post Jul 21 2021, 02:02 AM

Casual
381 posts

PSA 10 20k? that low?

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:55 PM