Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> adventure bike good for beginner?

views

mdziaf
post Nov 5 2020, 05:30 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(cowboy_bebop @ Nov 5 2020, 08:38 AM)
Seconded opinions on taking the non usual route. Masuk jalan kampung. Then, masuk jalan kampung of jalan kampung untill gravel road. But do it safely la. You'll find many hidden gems - warungs with awesome cheap food, interesting local landmarks, secluded scenic spots

if my china bike can do that, your expensive jepunis bike can oso!

user posted image
What bike is that. Very cantik wink.gif

For gravel roads the road tires still fine or must change to slightly knobby tires? Haha i've never ventured out of paved road lol
cowboy_bebop
post Nov 6 2020, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(mdziaf @ Nov 5 2020, 05:30 PM)
What bike is that. Very cantik wink.gif

For gravel roads the road tires still fine or must change to slightly knobby tires? Haha i've never ventured out of paved road lol
China-made malaysian-assembled cmc buccaneer

If only bsh bawak masuk ct125, maybe we would have more mat motor go off road teroka hutan tanam musang king than terrorizing highway with superman pose during the weekend. Bawak cikaro tinggal bentang suratkhabar aje

user posted image

Then again, ct125 cost 84,900 Baht in thailand (~Rm 11,500) die inside
cowboy_bebop
post Nov 7 2020, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(motobobo90 @ Nov 6 2020, 11:14 PM)
How you start to adventure?
Haha I'm not as adventurous as I sounded to be. Long trip once in a while I just choose a place I've never been. Head there via jalan kampung, avoid highway, usually susur coastline. Tidur cheap motel.

Short daily trips to places within 20-30kms are more often. Usually in FB people will post interesting secluded places like port mancing, camping spots etc. Even pekan kecil you've never visited before because you have no business going there. So beli food, bancuh kopi masuk termos, go there and hang out for few hours layan perasaan
jacktay94
post Nov 8 2020, 07:40 PM

6 stars only? :(
1,297 posts

QUOTE(motobobo90 @ Nov 7 2020, 12:09 AM)
Yea but how to start? You point at Google map and start your engine? No need to do research?
if you're exploring then yes, generally I point to a direction and just ride. If lost only on google maps find my way home. Generally, once you have a bearing of where you are headed, you won't go too far off in the outskirts. City is different story with one way roads and multiple lanes.

Physical map works too but I don't think its being used as much any more haha!
ZZR-Pilot
post Nov 25 2020, 01:03 PM

Enthusiast
883 posts

QUOTE(zhuguo @ Oct 24 2020, 04:54 PM)
what's the purpose for an adventure bike? is it practical in malaysia? I afraid I use it less than 2 yrs coz malaysia is smaller and less places to adventure compare to japan, taiwan or european countries.
If in-town practicality is at the top of your list, then stick with a kapcai or scooter lor. Easier to park & muscle around.

Malaysia has LOADS of places to visit if you care to do your research. Then there's also Thailand & Indochina... you get the idea.

You can tour on any bike (even on a kapcai if your backbone is strong enough), but an ADV bike makes it a hell lot easier to hang boxes or panniers... and they look the part! Most ADVs are designed to be comfortable over a long distance even with a pillion and luggage.

Some people like to go off the beaten track a bit, hence they prefer off-road oriented ADVs. But that's rather niche and it requires a whole new set of riding skills.

Otherwise, the road conditions here in Malaysia are enough to justify a 19" front end & longer suspension travel if that's what rocks your boat. If you don't care, stick with 17"-wheeled ADVs to save a bit on tyre costs.
RalphRatedR
post Nov 26 2020, 03:11 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

TS still want to buy bike? Parking before this thread gets nuked.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 09:05 AM