Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Fibre Problem!, Possible sabotaging by TM?

views

TSAnonymous26
post Oct 23 2020, 02:46 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
167 posts

Dear all, the story goes like this:

I've been noticing my home fibre connection having issue for the past few weeks, the ping always spike up to 300-400ms every after few seconds, constant packet loss, and highly inconsistent internet connection speed. My current package is 300mbps package, download speed reaching below 100 mbps, as for the upload speed is even more ridiculous, under 10mbps, which suppose to be above 50mbps. I've already lodged a few complaints to Maxis for the past few weeks, they had came to my place and replaced a new router for me, but the problem still persists and they are still investigating the problem, which is absolutely frustrating because I've been using deteriorated connectivity for the past 3 weeks! I unable to play games, stream Youtube smoothly and etc yet I still have to pay full amount of bill.

Now suddenly I realized few weeks ago I received multiple phone call claimed they are calling from TM and would like to check if I am interested in porting out from my current Maxis Fibre plan to UniFi, since I'm still being bounded by Maxis Fibre contract, I rejected the offer without any further enquires. Few days after the phone call, I started having this slow connectivity issue, which makes me wonder if it is possible TM is sabotaging my line? Since to my knowledge Maxis is using the TM's fibre infrastructure.

Maxis also been very slow to resolve my issue, always telling me they are still investigating the issue, I've had enough with them and decided to lodge a complain to MCMC, anyone have any idea how can I do that?

This post has been edited by Anonymous26: Oct 23 2020, 02:50 PM
post Oct 23 2020, 02:48 PM

Enthusiast
736 posts

It could be the Maxis server problem as my Maxis SIm broadband also having the same issues since a few weeks ago.
TSAnonymous26
post Oct 23 2020, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(1133 @ Oct 23 2020, 02:48 PM)
It could be the Maxis server problem as my Maxis SIm broadband also having the same issues since a few weeks ago.
Did you lodge any complain to Maxis? What's their feedback to you?
Cheeky
post Oct 23 2020, 02:53 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

Just tested my ping rates with Maxis BB. 3ms

I don't seem to have a problem with maxis line. Maybe it is a good idea if you try to connect a LAN cable to your router to check the speed. If wired connection is giving you good results, then the problem is with your Wifi.
TSAnonymous26
post Oct 23 2020, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(Cheeky @ Oct 23 2020, 02:53 PM)
Just tested my ping rates with Maxis BB. 3ms

I don't seem to have a problem with maxis line. Maybe it is a good idea if you try to connect a LAN cable to your router to check the speed. If wired connection is giving you good results, then the problem is with your Wifi.
Tried to do the test on both LAN and Wifi, but getting the same result. I doubt the issue lying on my router since Maxis has replaced a new router for me, but the problem still persist.

Furthermore, my PS4 is also connected to my Router via Ethernet Cable, I've been consistently getting packet loss from all the multiplayer games, god damn frustrating mad.gif ranting.gif

This post has been edited by Anonymous26: Oct 23 2020, 03:12 PM
nonamer
post Oct 23 2020, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

let me guess the technician didnt check with handheld speedometer or something and just straight replace the router?
TSAnonymous26
post Oct 23 2020, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(nonamer @ Oct 23 2020, 03:58 PM)
let me guess the technician didnt check with handheld speedometer or something and just straight replace the router?
They did, but my problem is inconsistent connection speed, sometimes the speed can go as fast as 400 mbit, moments later it will dropped to 100mbits range, there are times where watching youtube 1080p also will buffer. The day they replaced my router the speed seems back to normal, could be due to non peak hour, as I purposely took my leave to serve their schedule. Then during the same night, the problem occurred again.

This post has been edited by Anonymous26: Oct 23 2020, 04:09 PM
amirsubhi
post Oct 23 2020, 05:32 PM

The Power Is IN Your Hand!
1,470 posts

QUOTE(Anonymous26 @ Oct 23 2020, 04:05 PM)
They did, but my problem is inconsistent connection speed, sometimes the speed can go as fast as 400 mbit, moments later it will dropped to 100mbits range, there are times where watching youtube 1080p also will buffer. The day they replaced my router the speed seems back to normal, could be due to non peak hour, as I purposely took my leave to serve their schedule. Then during the same night, the problem occurred again.
You may complain to MCMC, seem like they have congestion on peak hour

Speedtest to maxis speedtest server may not tell the whole truth, maybe u can try time speedtest server for example

This post has been edited by amirsubhi: Oct 23 2020, 05:33 PM
Anime4000
post Oct 23 2020, 08:22 PM

Regular
1,918 posts

QUOTE(Anonymous26 @ Oct 23 2020, 02:46 PM)
which makes me wonder if it is possible TM is sabotaging my line? Since to my knowledge Maxis is using the TM's fibre infrastructure.
I have same issue after new Unifi install next door, mine was straight no internet, ONT show red light on LOS.
I sure they pull my fiber out. I lodge a complain, Maxis and TM come to my home, and I yell to TM technician not Maxis.

They plug back fiber and change ONT,

Apparently TM can do this, other ISP using TM cannot do anything, maybe missing between ISP agreement that TM can sabotage them hmm.gif
SUSCandy12
post Oct 23 2020, 11:43 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(Anonymous26 @ Oct 23 2020, 02:46 PM)
Dear all, the story goes like this:

I've been noticing my home fibre connection having issue for the past few weeks, the ping always spike up to 300-400ms every after few seconds, constant packet loss, and highly inconsistent internet connection speed. My current package is 300mbps package, download speed reaching below 100 mbps, as for the upload speed is even more ridiculous, under 10mbps, which suppose to be above 50mbps. I've already lodged a few complaints to Maxis for the past few weeks, they had came to my place and replaced a new router for me, but the problem still persists and they are still investigating the problem, which is absolutely frustrating because I've been using deteriorated connectivity for the past 3 weeks! I unable to play games, stream Youtube smoothly and etc yet I still have to pay full amount of bill.

Now suddenly I realized few weeks ago I received multiple phone call claimed they are calling from TM and would like to check if I am interested in porting out from my current Maxis Fibre plan to UniFi, since I'm still being bounded by Maxis Fibre contract, I rejected the offer without any further enquires. Few days after the phone call, I started having this slow connectivity issue, which makes me wonder if it is possible TM is sabotaging my line? Since to my knowledge Maxis is using the TM's fibre infrastructure.

Maxis also been very slow to resolve my issue, always telling me they are still investigating the issue, I've had enough with them and decided to lodge a complain to MCMC, anyone have any idea how can I do that?
The bolded part also happened to me. Just few months more before Maxis contract ends, some random sales person called me up who doesn't speak English at all only can speak fluent Malay asking me if I want to upgrade my plan to 100Mbps from my current 30Mbps or not. I declined.

Just about 1-2 weeks later my line suddenly acting weird. A 30M line suddenly when conduct speedtest can only get like 1-2Mbps but upload rate seems fine. You know Maxis 30M is symmetrical but my speed result even to Maxis's own server only getting like 1-2Mbps down 29-30Mbps up. Seems like someone played with my fibre modem(ONT) settings remotely, called up Maxis support within 1/2 hour settled. They reset my port something like that.

If this happens a few more times before 2020 ends, I'm going to make police report and file a complaint to MCMC. mad.gif
Cheeky
post Oct 26 2020, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

I will avoid going back to TM as much as possible. TM inherited the government service attitude and the customer service is so bad that it is out of this word.
masamura
post Oct 26 2020, 04:57 PM

Casual
382 posts

Have you tried using a different router or modem? Most of the time it's one of these issue.
Momo33
post Oct 26 2020, 10:57 PM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Oct 24 2020, 12:43 AM)
The bolded part also happened to me. Just few months more before Maxis contract ends, some random sales person called me up who doesn't speak English at all only can speak fluent Malay asking me if I want to upgrade my plan to 100Mbps from my current 30Mbps or not. I declined.

Just about 1-2 weeks later my line suddenly acting weird. A 30M line suddenly when conduct speedtest can only get like 1-2Mbps but upload rate seems fine. You know Maxis 30M is symmetrical but my speed result even to Maxis's own server only getting like 1-2Mbps down 29-30Mbps up. Seems like someone played with my fibre modem(ONT) settings remotely, called up Maxis support within 1/2 hour settled. They reset my port something like that.

If this happens a few more times before 2020 ends, I'm going to make police report and file a complaint to MCMC.  mad.gif
The only one who can remote access your ONT is maxis team as they have the device details .

did you try power reset your ONT to clear the fault ? the ONT could have hang.

since you said maxis team reset your port ...so the issue highly possible on the maxis systems.

both telemarket teams maxis and TM have your DATA so expect calls to come to solicit a sale . nod.gif
i see no reason for you to rant . nod.gif

Momo33
post Oct 26 2020, 11:09 PM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(Cheeky @ Oct 26 2020, 11:57 AM)
I will avoid going back to TM as much as possible. TM inherited the government service attitude and the customer service is so bad that it is out of this word.
what bad service experience did you face . mind giving some details ? hmm.gif

For what i know Unifi tech have a SLA to fix 90 % of faults within 48 hours . applies to internal house faults only.

SUSCandy12
post Oct 26 2020, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Oct 26 2020, 10:57 PM)
The only  one who can  remote access  your  ONT  is maxis team as they have the device details  . 

did you try  power reset  your ONT  to clear the fault ?  the ONT could have hang.

since  you said  maxis team  reset  your port  ...so  the issue highly possible  on the maxis systems.

both telemarket  teams  maxis and TM have  your  DATA  so  expect calls to come  to solicit  a sale  . nod.gif
i see no reason for you to  rant .  nod.gif
Wrong! The ONT is provisioned by TM and has TM logo on it. It's installed by TM team before Maxis installer comes to plug in their router and configure my account.

I restarted my modem more than once even allowed it to cool down for 15 mins.

While I can gain access to the router with the standard administrator account to view its settings inside, I can't with the TM supplied ONT.

Also the sabotaging might involved the local marketing 3rd party salesmen and the TM contractors who has access to the local port(ONT fibre modem) configuration at the exchange's OLT.

They can play these sort of games as your contract is about to end so you keep switching providers and renew your 24 months contract.

Regardless of you switch between TM <--> Maxis, they still make commission with every new sign up which is their main intention to coax you into doing.
That is where the dirty gangster style threats can happen.
Momo33
post Oct 26 2020, 11:30 PM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Oct 27 2020, 12:14 AM)
Wrong! The ONT is provisioned by TM and has TM logo on it. It's installed by TM team before Maxis installer comes to plug in their router and configure my account.

I restarted my modem more than once even allowed it to cool down for 15 mins.

While I can gain access to the router with the standard administrator account to view its settings inside, I can't with the TM supplied ONT.

Also the sabotaging might involved the local marketing 3rd party salesmen and the TM contractors who has access to the local port(ONT fibre modem) configuration at the exchange's OLT.

They can play these sort of games as your contract is about to end so you keep switching providers and renew your 24 months contract.

Regardless of you switch between TM <--> Maxis, they still make commission with every new sign up which is their main intention to coax you into doing.
That is where the dirty gangster style threats can happen.
yes .. provision by TM on SITE .ie in your house . TM have no online access to a maxis account .

Both unifi or maxis home users have NO access to the ONT settings.

TM contractors in field have NO access to OLT in the switch . they need to call a help number for support.

there is no games being played on the tech side .
its only Marketing Games.

hope this clarity some of your doubts, nod.gif

This post has been edited by Momo33: Oct 26 2020, 11:31 PM
SUSCandy12
post Oct 26 2020, 11:41 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Oct 26 2020, 11:30 PM)
yes .. provision  by TM on SITE  .ie  in your house .   TM have  no online access  to a maxis  account .

Both  unifi or maxis home users  have NO access to the ONT  settings.

TM  contractors in field have  NO access  to OLT   in the switch .   they need to call  a help number for support. 

there is no games  being played  on the tech side .  
its only Marketing Games. 

hope this clarity some  of your doubts,  nod.gif
Not too sure about that. These ONTs are configured to accept TM Unifi routers(port 1) and other ISP ones with port 2.
The fibre modems can also be configured remotely as TM engages double level speed capping one with account and the other your ONT profile with buffer float method.

Got some forumers also reported that their ONTs were occasionally miscapped or had their settings changed remotely by accident at the exchange's OLT reconfiguration.

TIME and TNB Allo does not have this problem because they only cap their customers by accounts creation.

TM employs double level speed capping with your i)ONT configuration and also with ii)your ISP's account profile.

Why my Maxis account can only achieve 28Mbps for a 30Mbps plan and a 100Mbps plan can only achieve about 95Mbps is due to the extra TCP overheads imposed by this "bufferfloat" double level throttling which TM HSBB uses.

This post has been edited by Candy12: Oct 26 2020, 11:43 PM
Momo33
post Oct 26 2020, 11:59 PM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Oct 27 2020, 12:41 AM)
Not too sure about that. These ONTs are configured to accept TM Unifi routers(port 1) and other ISP ones with port 2.
The fibre modems can also be configured remotely as TM engages double level speed capping one with account and the other your ONT profile with buffer float method.

Got some forumers also reported that their ONTs were occasionally miscapped or had their settings changed remotely by accident at the exchange's OLT reconfiguration.

TIME and TNB Allo does not have this problem because they only cap their customers by accounts creation.

TM employs double level speed capping with your i)ONT configuration and also with ii)your ISP's account profile.

Why my Maxis account can only achieve 28Mbps for a 30Mbps plan and a 100Mbps plan can only achieve about 95Mbps is due to the extra TCP overheads imposed by this "bufferfloat" double level throttling which TM HSBB uses.
I am very sure bro .. i work for the vendor that supply tm, maxis their systems . and work to support their daily tech operations .

yes this can happen .
i have seen this when there was a systems upgrade ...some sub data got screwed.
expected lah.... example did you not experience issues when you upgrade Win 10 . there is no 100 % here !

i am not sure why you only achieve 28 Mbps.
cos my unifi 100mbps ... i easily get about 120 Mbps every time before it settles to around 110 on ookla.

SUSCandy12
post Oct 27 2020, 12:06 AM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Oct 26 2020, 11:59 PM)
I am very sure bro ..  i work for the vendor that supply tm, maxis their  systems .  and work to support their daily  tech operations . 

yes this can happen . 
i have seen this  when there was a systems upgrade  ...some sub  data got screwed.     
expected  lah....    example  did you not experience  issues  when you  upgrade Win 10  .  there is no 100 %  here ! 

i am not sure why  you only achieve 28 Mbps.
cos my unifi 100mbps ...    i easily get about 120 Mbps every time before it settles to around 110 on ookla.
You should know the state of our economy and market now. Everyone is desperate to find sales and pressured to meet sales targets. It's not surprising for a 3rd world country like ours to employ gangsterism-extortion techniques to push consumers in renewing their contracts and tie them down for another 24 months...

Momo33
post Oct 27 2020, 12:25 AM

Regular
1,353 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Oct 27 2020, 01:06 AM)
You should know the state of our economy and market now. Everyone is desperate to find sales and pressured to meet sales targets. It's not surprising for a 3rd world country like ours to employ gangsterism-extortion techniques to push consumers in renewing their contracts and tie them down for another 24 months...
yes,,,, i too have got calls with their offers . after a fews call i just tell them their deal is not good enough .
Marketing team are know for their guerilla marketing techniques is accepted normal i guess...

there is no DIRECT interface between telemarketing team and tech team so no issue of sabotage here.
Access to customer data change is restricted to a few people only for maintenance work and all changes are LOGGED on the system.
you cannot get away .

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:19 PM