Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kancil overheating problem, Water boiling!!!

views

TSJY.
post Aug 14 2007, 11:10 PM, updated 17y ago

Regular
1,630 posts

Hi guys, i need some help here...

1. Recently, my kancil's temperature started to rise after a 2 months holiday (i never drive it these 2 months).Before this it is ok. The temperature rises more than half of the meter, and when i open the bonnet, the water in the tank boiling!!(i don know how to call it, but it is the container beside the radiator) And the fan is not working. I tried 2 open my air cond, the fan worked but the temperature still high. May i know why this happened?

2. My car is hard 2 start every morning or the car is cold. Does it has any relationship with the overheating problem?

Thanks ya. smile.gif
noobiedonkey
post Aug 14 2007, 11:24 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

in my opinion, car hard to start is kinda normal for a kancil plus u haven't driven it for a long time. shouldn't be a problem.

u said the fan is not working. y not get the it fixed? then followed by the radiator cap and some coolent.

if there's enough water means there's no leak. a good sign =)
TSJY.
post Aug 14 2007, 11:47 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

QUOTE(noobiedonkey @ Aug 14 2007, 11:24 PM)
in my opinion, car hard to start is kinda normal for a kancil plus u haven't driven it for a long time. shouldn't be a problem.

u said the fan is not working. y not get the it fixed? then followed by the radiator cap and some coolent.

if there's enough water means there's no leak. a good sign =)
Yup, i know. May i know how much it need 2 fix the fan coz i'm now studying in a place tat i'm not familiar with and i don wish 2 get con...
matthias
post Aug 15 2007, 03:11 AM

19 posts

Or maybe within the 2 months rust might have build up in your radiator which blocks the water from flowing within the radiator. Having your radiator serviced might be a good option too. Might cause you less than RM50 for a kancil radiator....
TSJY.
post Aug 15 2007, 12:22 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

QUOTE(matthias @ Aug 15 2007, 03:11 AM)
Or maybe within the 2 months rust might have build up in your radiator which blocks the water from flowing within the radiator. Having your radiator serviced might be a good option too. Might cause you less than RM50 for a kancil radiator....
Hmm...This mayb true coz the overheating problem just happened after my 2 months break, it never happen before.
jaesern
post Aug 15 2007, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(JY. @ Aug 14 2007, 11:10 PM)
Hi guys, i need some help here...

1. Recently, my kancil's temperature started to rise after a 2 months holiday (i never drive it these 2 months).Before this it is ok. The temperature rises more than half of the meter, and when i open the bonnet, the water in the tank boiling!!(i don know how to call it, but it is the container beside the radiator) And the fan is not working. I tried 2 open my air cond, the fan worked but the temperature still high. May i know why this happened?

2. My car is hard 2 start every morning or the car is cold. Does it has any relationship with the overheating problem?

Thanks ya. smile.gif
1. check any leakage on the radiator n reservoir of the coolant anot... n i dun tink air-cond wil helps the engine to cold down, u c, air-cond is for passenger inside the vehicle, nth to do wit engine cooling ma...

2. hw long u didn change ur batt adi?! u should inspect ur batt...
TSJY.
post Aug 15 2007, 03:29 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

QUOTE(jaesern @ Aug 15 2007, 03:08 PM)
1. check any leakage on the radiator n reservoir of the coolant anot... n i dun tink air-cond wil helps the engine to cold down, u c, air-cond is for passenger inside the vehicle, nth to do wit engine cooling ma...

2. hw long u didn change ur batt adi?! u should inspect ur batt...
1. tat's mean when i switch on the aircond, the fan work but it does not cool down the radiator?

2. My battery has just condemn and i just changed a new one for it. Anything 2 do wif the battery?

Thanks smile.gif
ceo684
post Aug 15 2007, 03:44 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

top up the water when cold
check for leak esp at the 2 plastic joints part..can ask ur mech to get metal ones to replace the plastic joints
noobiedonkey
post Aug 15 2007, 06:48 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

i'm not really sure but the fan if not mistaken 2nd hand is less then 50..

whr u located btw?
soulfly
post Aug 15 2007, 08:31 PM

revving towards 10,000 rpm
Group Icon
VIP
15,894 posts

The fan should not spin when the engine is cold, but it should spin at normal operating temperature.

But the case here is the fan spins when aircond is turned on right? That means the fan is still working. I suggest check the aircond fan wiring and the thermostat. Thermostat should open at normal engine temperature and triggers the fan to turn on as well.

Hard to start during the morning? Probably the spark plug worn out already. Normally that is the case la... if anything is normal.
TSJY.
post Aug 15 2007, 08:54 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

Ya, i think is the thermostat problem coz the fan is not spinning even though the water is boiling (WTH?)...May i know How much 2 change a spark plug?

Added on August 15, 2007, 8:56 pm
QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 15 2007, 03:44 PM)
top up the water when cold
check for leak esp at the 2 plastic joints part..can ask ur mech to get metal ones to replace the plastic joints
Already did, but the temperature is still high. Each time my car cold down, the water in the radiator still remain full, so i think it is not the radiator fault.

This post has been edited by JY.: Aug 15 2007, 08:56 PM
noobiedonkey
post Aug 16 2007, 10:15 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

spark plug is less then 50 depending on the kind you take. i'm not really sure but i think it's 10-15/piece so it's 30-45 for 3 as i can remember.
rcracer
post Aug 16 2007, 11:39 AM

?????
3,743 posts

You need to have the cooling system flushed, 2 months without starting the car is bad since rust will build up and clog the cooling channels, chances are your thermostat is also rusted shut already
noobiedonkey
post Aug 16 2007, 11:55 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

yalo since water boiling d.. if fan working then should have clog d... better flush just to be safe.
TSJY.
post Aug 16 2007, 01:22 PM

Regular
1,630 posts

May i know wat is the meaning of FLUSH? Means clean the radiator? haha, don know much about cars... unsure.gif Does tat mean i must have the whole cooling system cleaned? How much usually will cost for a Flush?
soitsuagain
post Aug 18 2007, 12:41 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

Probably your thermostat not working correctly. If it has been 2 years since you last change your coolant, its advisable to change it. THis is to prevent the rust setting inside your cooling system.
detomaso
post Aug 19 2007, 01:10 AM

1,894 posts

for kancil.. i think ur engine need top overhaul.. the top gasket is giving out already since u said ur engine is hard to start when cold.. i mean 2-3 crank does not start the engine.. it a popular problem after having the engine overheating..
maddriver
post Aug 20 2007, 09:43 AM

the madman!
1,160 posts

if the water is boiling, no other way out but to do a top overhaul. inclusive of changing the metal pipes and servicing the raditaor, skimming the head and the top overhaul gasket set, the price should not be more than rm550.00
detomaso
post Aug 21 2007, 02:59 AM

1,894 posts

see.. what i mentioned earlier... haha..
TSJY.
post Aug 21 2007, 11:33 AM

Regular
1,630 posts

QUOTE(detomaso @ Aug 19 2007, 01:10 AM)
for kancil.. i think ur engine need top overhaul.. the top gasket is giving out already since u said ur engine is hard to start when cold.. i mean 2-3 crank does not start the engine.. it a popular problem after having the engine overheating..
QUOTE(maddriver @ Aug 20 2007, 09:43 AM)
if the water is boiling, no other way out but to do a top overhaul. inclusive of changing the metal pipes and servicing the raditaor, skimming the head and the top overhaul gasket set, the price should not be more than rm550.00
Thanks man, will try.... thumbup.gif notworthy.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:52 AM