Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Work From Home but with lesser pay, as titled

views

matrix88
post Oct 21 2020, 02:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

QUOTE(real55555 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:33 PM)
Haha true. But my management quite ok also. They said during WFH, Monday to Friday during working hours they expect replies for work related chat within 30mins. Outside working hours, it is your choice.
Haha don't use the word take advantage la, both have their point of view, just have to agree to disagree.
it is indeed taking advantage, or a stronger word will be exploitation of workers

why WFH need to have pay cut? some work be done from office then the company should think of digitalization, there is a grant from government now, take the grant and do something, not cutting salary!

there is no losses yet from the company and management is so kiasu? what if your workers do not want to work for you, can your company grow?

if the company is closed, pay cut is ok la.
if less working hours ,for example work only 3 or 4 days, pay cut is ok la
people WFH, working hours still the same, what warrants your thoughts that they are not working? ponteng or sleepng, then you cut salary?
they WFH, although no need to pay for car park, petrol, they need to pay for electricity bill, wifi connection one leh.

Bosses, if you are making money, be considerate to your workers!
dont simply cut salary here and there.

WinkyJr
post Oct 21 2020, 02:58 PM

Casual
381 posts

company save money too meh, less travel claim, less toll claim, less parking claim, less transport claim, less aircond bill to pay & etc..
fox_shinoda
post Oct 21 2020, 03:01 PM

Enthusiast
965 posts

My workload is the same, plus working longer hours wfh
Carlo J
post Oct 21 2020, 03:27 PM

Enthusiast
892 posts

In my previous company, they removed our benefits but didn't cut our pay.

My current company is IT based so we can basically work from home with no issues so there are still benefits and bonuses.
kaiserreich
post Oct 21 2020, 03:33 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

workload minimal cut pay confused.gif

When workload heavy and work like crazy, got extra pay on top of OT?
Ginny88
post Oct 21 2020, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

I think it's fair to cut pay if WFH means significantly lighter workload. But the quantum of 30%-40% may be a bit too much.

Staff should negotiate management for 20% cut.

In this difficult time, both staff and management should compromise. Having a hard stance is counter productive for both sides.

Pakatan SinMa Plus
post Oct 21 2020, 04:33 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

WFH might be able to give employees certain flexibility in managing time as they do not need to travel to the office daily, and it is relatively safer (Covid-19) as the employees do not need to interact with many people in the office.

However, it is difficult to quantify the reduced workload. The supervisor can still request for support from the employees anytime when needed, during the working hours. If the reduced workload is changed to reduced working hours, i think it will be more fair to the employees. At least those with higher commitment can opt for a part time job if the working hour is reduced.

Nightstalker93
post Oct 21 2020, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Why need to cut salary because WFH? Doing the same amount of work as usual what, but from home?
TSreal55555
post Oct 22 2020, 10:49 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Oct 21 2020, 04:29 PM)
I think it's fair to cut pay if WFH means significantly lighter workload. But the quantum of 30%-40% may be a bit too much.

Staff should negotiate management for 20% cut.

In this difficult time, both staff and management should compromise. Having a hard stance is counter productive for both sides.
Totally agree. Maybe will propose to management this way. Maybe cut working hours and allowed to WFH.

QUOTE(Pakatan SinMa Plus @ Oct 21 2020, 04:33 PM)
WFH might be able to give employees certain flexibility in managing time as they do not need to travel to the office daily, and it is relatively safer (Covid-19) as the employees do not need to interact with many people in the office. 

However, it is difficult to quantify the reduced workload. The supervisor can still request for support from the employees anytime when needed, during the working hours. If the reduced workload is changed to reduced working hours, i think it will be more fair to the employees. At least those with higher commitment can opt for a part time job if the working hour is reduced.
Yes thats right, like the above forummer mentioned, maybe a better way is to ask management for shorter working hours to go with the reduced pay.

QUOTE(Nightstalker93 @ Oct 21 2020, 04:40 PM)
Why need to cut salary because WFH? Doing the same amount of work as usual what, but from home?
Because we are a SME and do not digitalised every document. Meaning for example, the accounts or finance department can process invoices received from supplier and purchasing, but if you want to ask them to do say for example last 6 months sales report, they are unable to do it by WFH. The files are kept at the office. Thus there is a limitation on what work can be given.
xiaosin
post Oct 22 2020, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

This kind of stuff should be voluntary whether if employees wish to help out the company for a short time period, eg after 3 months return back same salary or if business is good end of the year return back what have been reduced previous months.
Ginny88
post Oct 22 2020, 12:38 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(real55555 @ Oct 22 2020, 10:49 AM)
Totally agree. Maybe will propose to management this way. Maybe cut working hours and allowed to WFH.
Yes, to be fair pay cut should be together with reduced workload and reduced working hours. If you are on call at home for the same hours reducing workload doesn't make much difference because you can't go out or engage in many activities.
brkli
post Oct 22 2020, 07:22 PM

On my way
539 posts

Full salary to be paid for all employees who work from home during CMCO
jabz
post Oct 22 2020, 07:23 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

need win-win between comp and staff... just 30-40 is too much... u need to remember... wfh, all the utility bills increase as well...
TrialGone
post Oct 22 2020, 07:33 PM

On my way
603 posts

Sure... If boss/ceo/director also take paycut. If not they just taking advantage.
TSreal55555
post Oct 23 2020, 10:27 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(brkli @ Oct 22 2020, 07:22 PM)
This will only lead to retrenchment instead of paycut. When the company realize they have a bloated workforce, and the govt said full salary to be paid, then it might very well lead to retrenchment instead of paycut.

QUOTE(jabz @ Oct 22 2020, 07:23 PM)
need win-win between comp and staff... just 30-40 is too much... u need to remember... wfh, all the utility bills increase as well...
Right. Utility bill by WFH is very minimal la unless you don't have internet at home to start with. Otherwise just the additional electricity from running the PC.

QUOTE(TrialGone @ Oct 22 2020, 07:33 PM)
Sure... If boss/ceo/director also take paycut. If not they just taking advantage.
Yes, everyone is involved as far as I know. But like some other another comment earlier in this thread, paycut or not is not important. In the end they still can adjust it from year end bonus if there is any.
adamhzm90
post Oct 23 2020, 11:37 PM

Regular
1,269 posts

30% is too much..

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:03 PM