Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HTML About W3Schools' Certifications

views

TSBigW
post Oct 21 2020, 08:08 AM, updated 4y ago

Validating
37 posts

Hi. I just switched from desktop app development to web app development (hobby basis) and I found that developing web apps is a lot more easier. I do not need to understand the details, language like PHP will do it magically, like :
move_uploaded_file or file_get_contents or GD library's imagecreatefromstring, all one-liner. Unlike in desktop apps, you have to open the file, detect EOF, and read the file content, and finally close the file handle.

So I am excited to learn more about web app development, and particularly interested in certifications from W3Schools.

What do you think ? (https://www.w3schools.com/cert/default.asp)

I plan to do more exercise in:
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. JavaScript
4. PHP

It is so rewarding to do web apps because users would find it comfortable to run online, no need to download setup file, install, run, and if unhappy, need to uninstall....

So, is it good to get certified by W3Schools? (I know have to pay certain sum of money to take the exam)

silverhawk
post Oct 24 2020, 08:19 AM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,738 posts

No, its not good.

A crappy certificate is worse than having no certificate at all.

Also, web apps are not exactly easier than desktop apps, they are infact much harder. What you see in online tutorials are often very bad practises and overly simplified workflows.

To build a proper web app is tedious, especially on the frontend.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:23 AM