Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

anyone kena or immediate family, or yr office ada kena covid?

views

aspartame
post Oct 22 2020, 09:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Oct 22 2020, 09:24 AM)
Opps sorry, About my classmate, A few days before he was in coma, he chat with us (in batchmate group) like nothing. All okay with some minor cough. That's all. Then out of sudden, all went bad. His wife blast in our group to pray for him as he's in coma. We're shock. In coma for 3 weeks and on ventilator. He's 48. FYI, he himself a surgeon.

Luckily, he recovered, first few week, on theraphy - walking, etc due to loss of muscles. Not quite sure how is he now.
Wah.. scary af.... this is not the first time I read Covid patients suddenly deteriorating ... the mechanism is definitely not like flu where phlegm would gather in the lungs but flu patients never had difficulty breathing ... in pneumonia from flu the patients still can breathe without assistance ... this Covid is really straight attack the lung tissues instead of just causing inflammation/phlegm
haturaya
post Oct 22 2020, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Oct 22 2020, 09:45 AM)
Wah.. scary af.... this is not the first time I read Covid patients suddenly deteriorating ... the mechanism is definitely not like flu where phlegm would gather in the lungs but flu patients never had difficulty breathing ... in pneumonia from flu the patients still can breathe without assistance ... this Covid is really straight attack the lung tissues instead of just causing inflammation/phlegm
Oh, one more person that I know personally, my daughter's roomate (at uni) - her whole family was infected too (in Saudi Arabia) and unfortunately her father succumb to COVID-19 sad.gif Her late father was a doctor.

Maybe this COVID-19 lethal with right condition(s). I'm not so sure dry.gif But, majority infected not that bad.
seriosekitt3h
post Oct 22 2020, 10:01 AM

Casual
307 posts

QUOTE(joe_star @ Oct 19 2020, 11:55 PM)
/k/tard seriosekitteh family is the Kuching cluster early on, where so many in same family died

Not sure what’s the outcome of those that survive, if they are back to 100% or what

I’m sure the relative that brought the virus home from the bank sure got psychological impact though from the deaths of so many relatives
yeap. Lost 5 family members. 2 were my known relatives and one is a really close one. All due to the Italy cluster in Kuching.

Just one advice to you all.
Do whatever you wanna do with COVID, but when shit hits you, regret is the last thing you want in your mind.

aspartame
post Oct 22 2020, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(seriosekitt3h @ Oct 22 2020, 10:01 AM)
yeap. Lost 5 family members. 2 were my known relatives and one is a really close one. All due to the Italy cluster in Kuching.

Just one advice to you all.
Do whatever you wanna do with COVID, but when shit hits you, regret is the last thing you want in your mind.
And some here still can say it’s only slightly more deadly than flu... dunno what 0.1% for flu and 0.14% for Covid... yea right...hope you are coping well
Stigonboard
post Oct 22 2020, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(MAGAMan-X @ Oct 21 2020, 05:02 PM)
Young and healthy 99.x% unaffected. If 0.x% affected doesn't make it dangerous for everyone, hence the "ban all vehicles!!!" comparison.
So you mean lets the weak and old die?

Most of motor accidents is statistically due to human error
And you still have options to lower your chances if you take public transport

Asking everyone to ignore Covid is like pushing everyone into a car that was driven by drunk driver
nelienuxe_sara
post Oct 22 2020, 12:04 PM

noob im ur father
2,543 posts

QUOTE(anakMY @ Oct 21 2020, 09:26 PM)
how many ppl in that hospsital kena? all staff in the department hv to go do swab test?
quite a lot
i think around 5++ staff and their family im not sure how many
lucky only my wife saja kena low strain covid19
hospital fork their own money to test all staff that working that time
they reduce the work force and cut salary a bit for 3-4 month

MAGAMan-X
post Oct 22 2020, 12:17 PM

On my way
687 posts

QUOTE(Stigonboard @ Oct 22 2020, 11:59 AM)
So you mean lets the weak and old die?

Most of motor accidents is statistically due to human error
And you still have options to lower your chances if you take public transport

Asking everyone to ignore Covid is like pushing everyone into a car that was driven by drunk driver
It's like I've been squawking for 7 months and things just bounced off your skulls. I said, protect the weak and old, and let everyone else have a normal life.

Public transportation has risks too. The important thing to note here is not that traffic accidents are worse than covid (even though it in fact is), but rather, people should take control of their own lives, rather than let the govt do it for them. A total shutdown for an illness that has little to no effect on a vast majority of people, is not a reason to shutdown the whole world, especially when you are able to control it.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:03 PM