Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help!, education

views

cdspins
post Oct 17 2020, 01:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

Apply for a faculty transfer. don't waste your time continuing on software engineering
cdspins
post Oct 22 2020, 02:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

QUOTE(soylone @ Oct 17 2020, 10:45 AM)
I've actually applied for a faculty transfer before I entered uni but my application got rejected bc their quota was already full apparently. So idk if i should actually apply again for a faculty transfer after my first sem. I'm afraid later in my second sem, I'll be left behind from the others considering that they all have mastered the basics in sem 1 and I'm just getting started.
Trust me, if you get the transfer on your first application, your uni/faculty admin will be so chaotic and have so many paper works to do.
For public uni, it is common to only successfully transfer after 1 year... or 3 semester. Try to talk to the admin, if possible arrange a meeting with the head of faculty/head of the course to show your interest.

Yes... you may loose out some credit hours for some of the course but usually in first year, the course mainly focus on general courses (that can be credit transfer) and basic which you can easily catch up by cramping these causes together.

If you have the will, you will be able to do it. continue with the application.
If you do have money to spare, taking up accounting courses do help as well.

cdspins
post Oct 29 2020, 01:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

QUOTE(soylone @ Oct 29 2020, 12:49 PM)
Alright. So what I should do is just wait until sem 3 to apply again? I was thinking of taking electives that is related to accounting if I can't manage to transfer faculties.
No... not asking to wait and do nothing... you need to continue to visit the faculty, build repo, show interest know the lecturers. If it is public uni, you can even join the class after informing the lecturer as a sit in. The lecturer welcome and love sit in students.....

cdspins
post Oct 29 2020, 01:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

QUOTE(soylone @ Oct 29 2020, 01:35 PM)
Aaa ok I get it. but i don't think we can sit in lectures considering we're having online classes until we finish this sem :/
Haha... sorry lah... My experience is from my old days in public uni.2 of my classmate successful in change course...both of them in their 3rd sem... From engineering to Design and the other Vet cool2.gif
Best of luck to you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:37 PM