Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [2021] HomePod Mini Discussion Thread, New colors! Blue, orange, yellow.

views

dikae
post Nov 13 2021, 08:42 PM

an apple a day
Group Icon
7,748 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 13 2021, 08:34 PM)
Only good deal if we all share the shipping laugh.gif

Coz if get 1 unit, shipping is 50 ringgit. 2 unit instantly drop to 60 for both laugh.gif
Let’s see how it goes maybe another week, if Shopee bring them in or maybe apple store will surprise us (lol) biggrin.gif
Mavik
post Nov 16 2021, 09:14 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,743 posts

What language do you all select for your Siri for Apple Homepod Mini?

On my iPhone and iPad, I can choose English (Singapore) which bests can detect our speech well but on the Homepod Mini that selection isn't available (since it isn't available in Malaysia) I guess.
andrewtho
post Nov 17 2021, 01:23 PM

Hooded Knight
5,701 posts

Anyone tried using the Homepod Mini connected to a GaN charger? Thinking of getting a pair for stereo, but would prefer to only use 1 plug to connect both cables - free 1 more slot for other stuff.
wei
post Nov 18 2021, 12:02 PM

Get your Macs done right!
6,478 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Nov 17 2021, 01:23 PM)
Anyone tried using the Homepod Mini connected to a GaN charger? Thinking of getting a pair for stereo, but would prefer to only use 1 plug to connect both cables - free 1 more slot for other stuff.
Should work. So long the wattage on each port push out enough wattage. Have seen someone use it with power bank.
andrewtho
post Nov 28 2021, 02:29 PM

Hooded Knight
5,701 posts

Been using the HomePod Mini in Stereo for over a week now, a little hit and miss.

AirPlay is quite wonky, especially if you are using a non-native Apple app, you get audio delay (need to manually toggle), frequent audio cut-off (1-2 sec) and at times output will only be on one speaker.

Apple should pay more attention to the software part of the HomePods, the sound quality is acceptable but the software is a real pain at times.
TSwestlife
post Dec 7 2021, 11:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,054 posts

u guys managed to hear the difference between the loseless music in apple music?

somemore i cannot tell the difference. tongue.gif
andrewtho
post Dec 27 2021, 08:44 PM

Hooded Knight
5,701 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Dec 7 2021, 11:28 PM)
u guys managed to hear the difference between the loseless music in apple music?

somemore i cannot tell the difference. tongue.gif
Depending on your setup - if you are specifically referring to using HomePods for 'Lossless', you won't be able to hear the difference. Only through a proper wired connection (either directly to the source or through a DAC), you are able to tell the difference between standard AAC and ALAC - a placebo effect that you can hear an 'improved' experience over AirPlay / Wifi / Bluetooth but they aren't really 'lossless'.

11 Pages « < 9 10 11Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th January 2022 - 06:09 AM