Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Music forgets last song played

views

TSbiruNippon
post Oct 12 2020, 03:27 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
334 posts

Let's say that I'm listening to a playlist on my iPhone, then close the app (double home + swipe up) and re-open it: instead of remembering the last song played, it always reverts to the dreaded "Not playing" state and, if I press play, it starts playing a random selection of music from my library.

It happens the same too even if I did not close the app and just leave it open in the background, after few hours, I open back the Music App, it will again show the "Not Playing" state.

My goal is that when I was listening to my favorite songs in my favorite playlist while I am driving, I would like the last song I listened to continued to play when I get back to my car again.

Note: So far I have not downloaded the songs/playlists into my iPhone, so everything remains in the clouds. Typically, my car audio will automatically connects to my iPhone through Bluetooth and the song shall automatically resume once Bluetooth connection is established.
CH3COOH
post Oct 13 2020, 08:22 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(biruNippon @ Oct 12 2020, 03:27 PM)
Let's say that I'm listening to a playlist on my iPhone, then close the app (double home + swipe up) and re-open it: instead of remembering the last song played, it always reverts to the dreaded "Not playing" state and, if I press play, it starts playing a random selection of music from my library.

It happens the same too even if I did not close the app and just leave it open in the background, after few hours, I open back the Music App, it will again show the "Not Playing" state.

My goal is that when I was listening to my favorite songs in my favorite playlist while I am driving, I would like the last song I listened to continued to play when I get back to my car again.

Note: So far I have not downloaded the songs/playlists into my iPhone, so everything remains in the clouds. Typically, my car audio will automatically connects to my iPhone through Bluetooth and the song shall automatically resume once Bluetooth connection is established.
Why do you swipe up and close the app the first place? Iphone is designed to optimise the ram itself. You don’t need to close app like android phones.
TSbiruNippon
post Oct 13 2020, 10:00 AM

Casual
334 posts

QUOTE(CH3COOH @ Oct 13 2020, 08:22 AM)
Why do you swipe up and close the app the first place? Iphone is designed to optimise the ram itself. You don’t need to close app like android phones.
I did not swipe up and close the app. The app remain open in the background, in fact i rarely swipe up and close apps

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0106sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM