Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I want to buy a drone. Any law I should know?, DJI mini. Privacy law?

views

TSJust2centslah
post Oct 10 2020, 12:17 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
245 posts

Hi,

I love aerial videos on YouTube. So I want to buy a drone.
I want to shoot mainly new développement (resort, bridges, etc) and my family vacations at beach, hotel, etc.
Is there any law I should b aware of before flying a drone in Malaysia?
Is it ok to fly a drone at a hotel? Like movie aerial shooting.. cool2.gif

Thanks.

uggina P
post Nov 3 2020, 11:32 PM

Probation
11 posts

State and Local Laws & Regulations
In addition the federal laws, several states have enacted drone regulations of their own. Here's a breakdown of drone regulations by state:

Alabama: N/A

Alaska: Alaska state law HB 255 passed in 2014 places limits on how law enforcement can use drones in their operations, which includes but is not limited to how and whether they can save images and video captured by drone.

Arizona: SB 1449 passed in 2016 is quite robust, and includes the following regulations:

Drones cannot interfere with police, firefighters, or manned aircraft.
Flying a drone in what is considered "dangerous proximity" to a person or property is deemed Disorderly Conduct.
Drones must stay a minimum of 500 feet horizontally or 250 feet vertically of any "critical facility." These include but are not limited to courthouses, hospitals, military installations, water treatment and oil and gas facilities, and power plants.
Any city or town in Arizona with more than one park must permit the usage of drones in at least one of those parks.
Cities and towns in Arizona may not craft their own drone laws.
Arkansas: Arkansas has several state laws regarding drones. Act 293 forbids the use of drones to invade privacy and commit video voyeurism. Act 1019 forbids the use of drones for surveillance of "critical infrastructure." And am Arkansas State Park Regulation passed in 2018 forbids the operation of drones in any Arkansas State Park without first acquiring a Special Use Permit from the Office of the Director.

California: The most populous state in the union has three laws regarding drones. Civil Code Section 1708.8 forbids the use of drones to record another person without their consent. SB 807 grants immunity for first responders who damage any unmanned vehicle that interferes with first responders during emergency services. Related, AB 1680 makes it a misdemeanor for drones to interfere with the activities of first responders during an emergency.

Colorado: HB 1070 passed in 2017 requires the Center of Excellence within the Division of Fire Prevention and Control within the Department of Public Safety to conduct a study on the integration of drones within state and local government operations that relate to certain public safety functions. The law also created a pilot program to facilitate this goal.

Meanwhile, Colorado State Parks Regulation #100-c.24 in 2018 forbids the operation of drones in Colorado State Parks with the exception of designated areas.
kllonely1
post Nov 3 2020, 11:38 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Just2centslah @ Oct 10 2020, 12:17 AM)
Hi,

I love aerial videos on YouTube. So I want to buy a drone.
I want to shoot mainly new développement (resort, bridges, etc) and my family vacations at beach, hotel, etc.
Is there any law I should b aware of before flying a drone in Malaysia?
Is it ok to fly a drone at a hotel? Like movie aerial shooting..  cool2.gif

Thanks.
tak boleh terbang tanpa kebenaran dari,
pihak berkuasa,
jiran-jiran,
kalau main dikawasan umum,
QBeck37
post Nov 5 2020, 08:20 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(uggina @ Nov 3 2020, 11:32 PM)
State and Local Laws & Regulations
In addition the federal laws, several states have enacted drone regulations of their own. Here's a breakdown of drone regulations by state:

Alabama: N/A

Alaska: Alaska state law HB 255 passed in 2014 places limits on how law enforcement can use drones in their operations, which includes but is not limited to how and whether they can save images and video captured by drone.

Arizona: SB 1449 passed in 2016 is quite robust, and includes the following regulations:

Drones cannot interfere with police, firefighters, or manned aircraft.
Flying a drone in what is considered "dangerous proximity" to a person or property is deemed Disorderly Conduct.
Drones must stay a minimum of 500 feet horizontally or 250 feet vertically of any "critical facility." These include but are not limited to courthouses, hospitals, military installations, water treatment and oil and gas facilities, and power plants.
Any city or town in Arizona with more than one park must permit the usage of drones in at least one of those parks.
Cities and towns in Arizona may not craft their own drone laws.
Arkansas: Arkansas has several state laws regarding drones. Act 293 forbids the use of drones to invade privacy and commit video voyeurism. Act 1019 forbids the use of drones for surveillance of "critical infrastructure." And am Arkansas State Park Regulation passed in 2018 forbids the operation of drones in any Arkansas State Park without first acquiring a Special Use Permit from the Office of the Director.

California: The most populous state in the union has three laws regarding drones. Civil Code Section 1708.8 forbids the use of drones to record another person without their consent. SB 807 grants immunity for first responders who damage any unmanned vehicle that interferes with first responders during emergency services. Related, AB 1680 makes it a misdemeanor for drones to interfere with the activities of first responders during an emergency.

Colorado: HB 1070 passed in 2017 requires the Center of Excellence within the Division of Fire Prevention and Control within the Department of Public Safety to conduct a study on the integration of drones within state and local government operations that relate to certain public safety functions. The law also created a pilot program to facilitate this goal.

Meanwhile, Colorado State Parks Regulation #100-c.24 in 2018 forbids the operation of drones in Colorado State Parks with the exception of designated areas.
How about anything on the corresponding laws in Malaysia?

goldfries
post Nov 9 2020, 09:30 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

Malaysia where got care wan?

I call up the relevant authorities to check on them about drone flying, they don't even care. It was as if they find it difficult to issue permit.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM