Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to apply for Permanent Residence in M'sia?

views

TSlorkh
post Oct 2 2020, 05:33 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
58 posts

Hi,

I have a friend who is 50yo. She has an old red M'sian IC; not MyKad. Her father is a red IC holder too. Her mother is a Singaporean citizen. She has gained a HK passport and has been living abroad for the past 20 years but now wants to return to Malaysia. Is she eligible to apply for Permanent Residence? How's the process of applying?

Hope someone can assist me in this. Thank you.
Ic3dMil0
post Aug 8 2021, 04:02 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Oct 2 2020, 05:33 PM)
Hi,

I have a friend who is 50yo. She has an old red M'sian IC; not MyKad. Her father is a red IC holder too. Her mother is a Singaporean citizen. She has gained a HK passport and has been living abroad for the past 20 years but now wants to return to Malaysia. Is she eligible to apply for Permanent Residence? How's the process of applying?

She could apply for MyPR at JPN. Malaysia Permanent Residency doesn't lapse.
TSlorkh
post Aug 9 2021, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Ic3dMil0 @ Aug 8 2021, 04:02 PM)
She could apply for MyPR at JPN. Malaysia Permanent Residency doesn't lapse.
Thanks for the reply. Ya this is what I thought too; take the risk to apply to renew her red IC
Ic3dMil0
post Aug 9 2021, 05:43 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Aug 9 2021, 10:50 AM)
Thanks for the reply. Ya this is what I thought too; take the risk to apply to renew her red IC
When she enters Malaysia, she should prove to the immigration officer that she is a Permanent Resident of Malaysia. Once the immigration officer stamps the date of entry on her passport (without a date to leave) it is certain that the database still has her residency record.

It shouldn't be a problem to renew the Red IC at JPN subsequently.
Ic3dMil0
post Aug 9 2021, 09:52 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Oct 2 2020, 05:33 PM)
Hi,

Hi, what was her original nationality prior to obtaining HKSAR passport? Would you mind to share how did she apply for the Permanent Residency back then? I would like to apply PR for my wife.
TSlorkh
post Aug 11 2021, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Ic3dMil0 @ Aug 9 2021, 09:52 PM)
Hi, what was her original nationality prior to obtaining HKSAR passport? Would you mind to share how did she apply for the Permanent Residency back then? I would like to apply PR for my wife.
She is always a M'sian. Born here to a Msian father & Sgporean mother. The father holds a red IC because he's involved with gangsterism. Just like that, JPN gave her a red IC when she turned 12 & changed/destroyed her life
TSlorkh
post Aug 11 2021, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Ic3dMil0 @ Aug 9 2021, 05:43 PM)
When she enters Malaysia, she should prove to the immigration officer that she is a Permanent Resident of Malaysia. Once the immigration officer stamps the date of entry on her passport (without a date to leave) it is certain that the database still has her residency record.

It shouldn't be a problem to renew the Red IC at JPN subsequently.
why should she prove to Immigration she's a PR? because her M'sian passport has already expired aeons ago, she'll be using her HK passport to enter.
Ic3dMil0
post Aug 11 2021, 06:26 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lorkh @ Aug 11 2021, 04:27 PM)
why should she prove to Immigration she's a PR? because her M'sian passport has already expired aeons ago, she'll be using her HK passport to enter.
If she is a MY PR, she will be given indefinite leave to remain on her HK passport. Else, she will only be given 30days social visit Visa.

Appreciate if she could share what actually happened so that the people know how Malaysia immigration function.

This post has been edited by Ic3dMil0: Aug 11 2021, 06:30 PM
TSlorkh
post Aug 11 2021, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Ic3dMil0 @ Aug 11 2021, 06:26 PM)
If she is a MY PR, she will be given indefinite leave to remain on her HK passport. Else, she will only be given 30days social visit Visa.

Appreciate if she could share what actually happened so that the people know how Malaysia immigration function.
From what I heard, during registration for the IC, my friend was accompanied by her Malaysian stepmum and her father's friend (her father didn't go because he held red IC and didn't want to affect the process). The clerk was about to grant her a blue IC, but for reasons unknown, this friend blurted out that her father is a red IC holder. The clerk upon hearing this cancelled the blue IC and gave her a red one. She went home crying sad.gif This is all I know
TSlorkh
post Aug 11 2021, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Ic3dMil0 @ Aug 11 2021, 06:26 PM)

This sounds very logical. Thank you so much!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:57 AM