4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

25 y.o getting RM3000 basic only

views

rko1268
post Oct 2 2020, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

me too age 25 3k basic, 2.5 years experience. Been so long no increment due to bad economy (typical boss say). Btw i'm working in a construction sector
My friends works in finance / sales sector already RM4k - 5k (same age but more experience due to earlier graduate)

This post has been edited by rko1268: Oct 2 2020, 04:28 PM
kh18az
post Oct 2 2020, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

personally don't think that's bad...if u compare with other ppl then of cz u feel discourage but are u happy with what u earning? if able to pay for all commitment and can save up little then is ok

whn im ur age earning 3.4k feel blessed...chinese idiom said ppl compare with ppl will compare die
MrBlackie33
post Oct 2 2020, 05:52 PM

Shhhhhhh
814 posts

u can always look around for better benefit elsewhere but its not going to be easy during this pandemic, i would say at least 2-3 yrs for economic recovery, and thanks god u still keep ur job

Everyone has their own path and bear in mind high pay means more responsibility u have to carry on shoulder, i get paid 4.5k after 1 year graduated but i paid the price for working till late night everyday even on sunday, highly stress environment due to strict & rigid company policy
digitalz
post Oct 2 2020, 06:49 PM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

QUOTE(rko1268 @ Oct 2 2020, 04:26 PM)
me too age 25 3k basic, 2.5 years experience. Been so long no increment due to bad economy (typical boss say). Btw i'm working in a construction sector
My friends works in finance / sales sector already RM4k - 5k (same age but more experience due to earlier graduate)
Your job and your friends job = do you have a target limit to achieve every month/quarter? also, if your friends are working in banks... they have tons of perks too. If we're to compare like that, a lot of fields can cry.

You mentioned construction - what type? office works? sales?
rko1268
post Oct 2 2020, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(digitalz @ Oct 2 2020, 06:49 PM)
Your job and your friends job = do you have a target limit to achieve every month/quarter? also, if your friends are working in banks... they have tons of perks too. If we're to compare like that, a lot of fields can cry.

You mentioned construction - what type? office works? sales?
Office works. Worth to mention it's a very famous china contractor. But the management is really worst and very china style. Different treatment to malaysian staff is understandable, but once you know the china staff salary, you will feel like you're just a cheap labour in that company.
Lets compare in similar industry. My starting salary (fresh grad) is definitely highest among my classmates who works in local company. But after 2.5 years i believe they already ahead of me.
One of my fren working in huawei as finance role. Basic 5k++ , plus commission monthly can be 6k. Also china company but this is how they appreciate on local staff.
Luckily i got my side income from own business.
Redshelf411
post Oct 4 2020, 03:12 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

A lot of people I know, friends or not, who are also in their mid to late 20s don't even get RM3000 basic salary. Most only get rm2500-2800 at the most. The only people I know are getting rm3000 basic salaries are the ones who are in IT field. Even my doctor friends don't get rm3000.
Rebecca2000
post Oct 4 2020, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

What's the average starting salary for accountants in the Klang Valley?
haturaya
post Oct 4 2020, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(Alotquestion @ Oct 2 2020, 12:42 AM)
26 y.o getting RM3000 basic only.. is it low? 1 year experience, from 2.8k to 3k

i checked 'let's talk salary', a lot of them 26/27 years old getting 5k/6k, most least also 4k at my age already

i cannot imagine if next year increment also 5% / 10% , i will probably get 3.3k only at age 27.  cry.gif  cry.gif

sad.gif  sad.gif
Lucky you still have salary. Many lost their job altogether at the end of working age, commitment still high, schooling kids, etc. At the moment, ride the waves, in a year or two, hopefully everything improve.
klch87
post Oct 5 2020, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
773 posts

you are lucky to get a RM3k job in Malaysia.

mine was RM2k over 10 years ago.
danielmckey
post Oct 5 2020, 10:07 AM

Enthusiast
954 posts

So young yet so noisy. No hope.
ninpo_buu
post Oct 5 2020, 03:00 PM

36 posts

Lucky you, I am gonna be 30 soon my monthly is rm3k. Good thing I don't have to pay income tax.
flying_duck
post Oct 6 2020, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

26 y.o getting RM3000 basic only.. is it low? 1 year experience, from 2.8k to 3k

i checked 'let's talk salary', a lot of them 26/27 years old getting 5k/6k, most least also 4k at my age already

i cannot imagine if next year increment also 5% / 10% , i will probably get 3.3k only at age 27.  cry.gif  cry.gif

sad.gif  sad.gif
It largely varies based on your industry and your skillset+experience.
No worries bro, you are doing OKAY at this age with that salary.
HolyValkyrie
post Oct 6 2020, 11:38 AM

Casual
317 posts

sad.gif  sad.gif
If one thing how much they can offer you and another thing what you can offer them for that salary.
Ms Americano L
post Oct 11 2020, 02:15 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

sad.gif  sad.gif
try to do something to increase ur income, instead of complaining / comparing urself to others. i have a side hustle / business opportunity related to supplements and heath products, pm me if u r interested. cheers

This post has been edited by Ms Americano L: Oct 11 2020, 02:15 AM
SUSRaikkonen
post Oct 11 2020, 06:23 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

OK what.

Be grafetul.

Compared to those whom did not even have a job.

Once you start working, start saving.

Current pandemic hits hard on many of us whom did not have much savings.

Kids these days~ shakehead.gif

Time to grow up.

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Oct 11 2020, 06:24 AM
kakalaku
post Oct 11 2020, 09:42 AM

Casual
318 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Oct 11 2020, 06:23 AM)
OK what.

Be grafetul.

Compared to those whom did not even have a job.

Once you start working, start saving.

Current pandemic hits hard on many of us whom did not have much savings.
Kids these days~  shakehead.gif

Time to grow up.
It is exactly because of such mentality (bersyukur, be grateful, dont complain), Malaysia couldn't progress in terms of thinking and advancement

Nothing wrong with wanting to aim higher and faster
HappyA_Q
post Oct 16 2020, 06:19 AM

Enthusiast
782 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 2 2020, 09:24 AM)
When company pays high salary, it comes with more responsibility and workload. When the time comes, one will complaint wants work life balance !
Agree with this, higher pay, more responsibilities, people management etc... then you will want work life balance!!

For TS, age 25, RM3k, not too bad la. You will have friends earning a few more hundreds more than you, AND also friends earning a few hundreds LESS than you. Let's say I'm your friend, I am earning RM2.5k, and I still hear you saying RM3k is not much (of course, you didn't know how much I earn) hence you are saying this out loud. How would your friend who earns lesser feel? Should he/she suicide?

This pandemic lots of people lost their jobs regardless of age. Some mum and dad lost their jobs, and no savings, and have to take care of kids at home. How about them? They are more than happy to take your RM3k salary home.

When in 20s, focus on what you want to learn, think and plan what you want to do in your field for the next 2 years, 5 years, 10 years.
How are you going to grow yourself knowledge wise, social networking wise, what makes you different from thousands other graduates?
What makes you special that the company needs to hire you? What's SPECIAL about you? Would you want to consider Masters or MBA or?

Also remember, values doesn't add overnight, need some patience, slowly grow your knowledge and experiences.
As experiences grown, your pay will grow because you have shown values.
anggaPra
post Oct 16 2020, 10:26 AM

[nothing to put here]
990 posts

sad.gif  sad.gif
lol let's talk salary thread most salaries are inflated anyways.. im 25 and earn around 3k also.. my peers also earning somewhere around 3k, some of them even earning lower than 2.8k.. the only way to make more money nowadays is to work full time and do some freelance cus your boss won't give too high of an increment especially with current economy.. and that's exactly what i did..
otai_g
post Oct 16 2020, 11:15 AM

On my way
622 posts

there have people age 40s already but salary was 2k.

its up to you to pick or not the job/salary.

not company fault.
MyRedz
post Oct 16 2020, 09:40 PM

Enthusiast
961 posts

[quote=littlegamer,Oct 2 2020, 09:53 AM]
Many focus on the salary figure, but I feel what's more important is, is the job offering you a great training ground. When you young like 23 to 27 this your golden period. Why? U can hop, stay, learn, try, work extra hours etc etc. Tbh the pay is irrelevant, if a work place suck even give u rm500 is useless, I would jump to a company that pay me less but give me exposure.

Last year I got 4.7k at 26yo. I jump to another company, become 4.5k, this year I work more learn fast, during confirmation boss sendiri top me to 5k, to him, he is paying dirt cheap for a person who will work for such extend, while I'm building my own knowledge and portfolio.
If I want more $$, I can either talk to my boss or hop, knowing I have the calibre to do so.

That's really good salary at 26yo..can I know what industry you. In and what attitude do you instil in yourself to gain that Calibre
[quote=ragk,Oct 2 2020, 04:47 PM]
Well Bill Gate earned million @age 30...
Focus on your own skillset and experience improvement, even u wanted to negotiate for increment u will need some leverage

[/quote]

Yes that's highly important.
Right mindset is important too
[quote=kh18az,Oct 2 2020, 05:42 PM]
personally don't think that's bad...if u compare with other ppl then of cz u feel discourage but are u happy with what u earning? if able to pay for all commitment and can save up little then is ok

whn im ur age earning 3.4k feel blessed...chinese idiom said ppl compare with ppl will compare die

[/quote]
Can I know what industry are you current in?

[quote=Ms Americano L,Oct 11 2020, 03:15 AM]
try to do something to increase ur income, instead of complaining / comparing urself to others. i have a side hustle / business opportunity related to supplements and heath products, pm me if u r interested. cheers

[/quote]
Pm me please

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:21 PM