Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PRS Custom 24 USA made

views

quarantined
post Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

Make sure to try and compare the CE with Cores and S2s.. unfortunatley I dont like the CE

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 15 2020, 09:32 AM)
actually what i am looking for is a hardtail 24...i think the MIA ones i think discontinued already...while they never made them for SE.
i think the mark holcomb is hardtail
Everdying
post Oct 15 2020, 11:05 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 15 2020, 10:42 AM)
Make sure to try and compare the CE with Cores and S2s.. unfortunatley I dont like the CE
i think the mark holcomb is hardtail
oh..not that hard tail...this one..guess is stop tail.
user posted image

user posted image
quarantined
post Oct 15 2020, 11:23 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 15 2020, 11:05 AM)
oh..not that hard tail...this one..guess is stop tail.
strat style HT not good meh lol

years ago i had a SE soapbar with non adjustable stop tail..
the simplicity is good but limited height and intonation adjustment really hampered the setup.
end up selling it which is sad cause that's a nice feeling guitar
Everdying
post Oct 15 2020, 04:11 PM

Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 15 2020, 11:23 AM)
strat style HT not good meh lol

years ago i had a SE soapbar with non adjustable stop tail..
the simplicity is good but limited height and intonation adjustment really hampered the setup.
end up selling it which is sad cause that's a nice feeling guitar
by right stop tail is radiused to the fretboard... so shouldn't be issue of limited height..
the first one shown of cos no issues with intonation as it's just like a tuneomatic...
the second one sure limited... but decent la... old man guitar... not for widdly widdly woo.

quarantined
post Oct 15 2020, 04:56 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

yeah it was similar to the second one with not adjustable saddles.

the thing is after a certain height/length the whole bar will shift at an angle towards the headstock, im not sure the core models have this issue or not. the whole setup seems was intended only for .09 strings

i remember in the 2000s i look at those bridges and i thought wow so shiny n elegant. but after this experience i was like..prob not again..

im sure there are much better stop tails design now thoughs.. and 2020 LP specials has stoptails...hmm

Everdying
post Oct 16 2020, 11:20 AM

Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 15 2020, 04:56 PM)
yeah it was similar to the second one with not adjustable saddles.

the thing is after a certain height/length the whole bar will shift at an angle towards the headstock, im not sure the core models have this issue or not.  the whole setup seems was intended only for .09 strings

i remember in the 2000s i look at those bridges and i thought wow so shiny n elegant. but after this experience i was like..prob not again..

im sure there are much better stop tails design now thoughs.. and 2020 LP specials has stoptails...hmm
actually stoptails have been on gibsons since 1950s... tongue.gif

not sure why the bar would shift...or is it the bridge posts that are tilting? ie. not deep / stable enough when raised higher?

quarantined
post Oct 16 2020, 12:12 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

lol i know.. just interesting they went back to stoptail for production models. it should be interesting to see the difference. I do prefer the lok with fewer parts..

For the prs if i remember right there were intonation screws at both ends of the stoptail. once i had heavier strings in the stoptail has to be adjusted further back for intonation but once there the post doesnt hold the bar firm enough so it will shift up.
Everdying
post Oct 17 2020, 10:36 AM

Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 16 2020, 12:12 PM)
lol i know.. just interesting they went back to stoptail for production models. it should be interesting to see the difference. I do prefer the lok with fewer parts..

For the prs if i remember right there were intonation screws at both ends of the stoptail. once i had heavier strings in the stoptail has to be adjusted further back for intonation but once there the post doesnt hold the bar firm enough so it will shift up.
not sure why it would tilt tho...
cos the flared out bridge post head should be preventing that...unless the head is not wide enough...or still got some play between the bottom of head and top of bridge...
user posted image

This post has been edited by Everdying: Oct 17 2020, 10:37 AM
davidletterboyz
post Oct 17 2020, 08:15 PM

Der Kaiser
4,444 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 30 2020, 05:20 PM)
jamtank?

anyone wanna sell a r9 for 9k...
If I found that someone, I sendiri sapu first. tongue.gif
quarantined
post Oct 19 2020, 10:54 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 17 2020, 10:36 AM)
not sure why it would tilt tho...
cos the flared out bridge post head should be preventing that...unless the head is not wide enough...or still got some play between the bottom of head and top of bridge...
user posted image
yeah.. i think its BOTH of that. bear in mind that was a SE model so USA bridges probably much better.

Some PRS also has TOM style bridge eg. the recent 594s, should be more versatile no?
Everdying
post Oct 19 2020, 11:10 AM

Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 19 2020, 10:54 AM)
yeah.. i think its BOTH of that. bear in mind that was a SE model so USA bridges probably much better.

Some PRS also has TOM style bridge eg. the recent 594s, should be more versatile no?
TOM should be ok...but SE also dont have 24-fret with those tongue.gif
for me i just dont like those individual / fender style saddles...cos quite hard for me to palm mute on them.
also when setting up...i very lazy to use radius gauge.
quarantined
post Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,262 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 19 2020, 11:10 AM)
TOM should be ok...but SE also dont have 24-fret with those tongue.gif
for me i just dont like those individual / fender style saddles...cos quite hard for me to palm mute on them.
also when setting up...i very lazy to use radius gauge.
Have you tried them though? PRS trem are very comfy compared to strats and their radius are pretty flat.

I dont use radius gauge to setup but i probably should.. downloading from pikguardian now..

i kept thinking why not many metallers use PRS.. Opeth in the 90s are a beautiful thing.
Everdying
post Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Group Icon
Staff
30,533 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 21 2020, 12:20 PM)
Have you tried them though? PRS trem are very comfy compared to strats and their radius are pretty flat.

I dont use radius gauge to setup but i probably should.. downloading from pikguardian now..

i kept thinking why not many metallers use PRS.. Opeth in the 90s are a beautiful thing.
never... also don't like the idea of extra moving parts and trem / spring cavity etc...cos more wood is always good tongue.gif

metal got la using PRS... but also i think maybe is just PRS not much money to support artists compared to others.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.70    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 02:10 PM