Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Car Tyres - stick or change?, Dunlop Sport MAXX 050

views

6UE5T
post Mar 23 2021, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(neuromancerx @ Mar 22 2021, 06:33 PM)
This will be my budget comfy tyre list, sort in preference:
K125
Es32
Primacy4

To he honest, k125 will give better value. I compared side by side with ps4, they shared a lots of design characteristics. The only major difference will be the material and sidewalls.

I'm currently using ps4, but will consider k125 for next purchase. It's 50% cheaper than ps4 (for size 225/45/18)
Well material and construction are a huge factor that determine tire performance and quality. But yeah at just 50% the price of PS4, it could be a good value for money. Reviews on this K125 seems pretty good in the dry and at least quite decent in the wet, probably at least can give Primacy 4 a run for its money.
Thunder_Bolt
post Mar 26 2021, 04:18 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(volrath @ Mar 21 2021, 11:18 AM)
HI, yes. Several. However this will make this reply out of topic already haha. I'll summarize.

Overall experience, above average kind of good. It doesn't look boring too, compared to Civic FC that's flooding the road.

Very boring comfortable drive, for sure as that's what they aim for. Soaking bumps like nothing. Driving until 170kmh at highways also don't feel vibration/worrying. It's stamped on the ground firmly. Seats are very nice, surprised I never felt tired after hours of driving. In terms of speed, it's just a NA 1.8L, but overtaking never seems to be a problem, it's adequate, not insta rempit kind. Cornering is super nice.

The all-speed driving assistance is a blessing, I was skeptical but now so confident, in traffic, it's seamless.. Does the braking and accelerating on its own. Long highway drive, it even assist in cornering (I think 20-30 degree corner and below)

The Head Unit is shit. 7", even the kononnya updated 9", still shit.can't wait to change to aftermarket.

Interior space is so little and non practical, Honda Civic is MILES better.

Auto headlight is a headache because it's super sensitive till 9am also the car thought it's night time, sometimes car in front thought I'm beam-spamming them.

Fuel consumption on heavy start-stop traffic I think is average only.. About 8L/100km. Otherwise it's nice, 5-6L/100km.

In conclusion, I treat this car as a nice transition car that I'll take care and do no mods on, before I get a newer car in about 5-7 years from now and retain its resale value. Fingers crossed.
Nice..how's the fit and finish?

Any rattling noise with the car so far?
TSvolrath
post Mar 28 2021, 02:14 AM

Casual
440 posts

QUOTE(Thunder_Bolt @ Mar 26 2021, 04:18 PM)
Nice..how's the fit and finish?

Any rattling noise with the car so far?
Fit & Finish is beyond expectation, especially if compared to the CKD Hondas. (Mine is Thailand CBU)

Rattling noise, quite selective cases I believe, before a complete stop, the RPM dip below 600RPM, and engine will have 1-2 sec rattles before a complete stop and disappear, it's annoying af.

Seat belt wall, some says got sound, mine is fine.

But paint thickness/quality has got to be the worst thing about the car. Stone chip-trigger happy.
Thunder_Bolt
post Mar 28 2021, 08:19 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(volrath @ Mar 28 2021, 02:14 AM)
Fit & Finish is beyond expectation, especially if compared to the CKD Hondas. (Mine is Thailand CBU)

Rattling noise, quite selective cases I believe, before a complete stop, the RPM dip below 600RPM, and engine will have 1-2 sec rattles before a complete stop and disappear, it's annoying af.

Seat belt wall, some says got sound, mine is fine.

But paint thickness/quality has got to be the worst thing about the car. Stone chip-trigger happy.
Thanks for sharing..
I heard about the paint thickness issue too, is yours white color?
TSvolrath
post Mar 29 2021, 01:22 AM

Casual
440 posts

QUOTE(Thunder_Bolt @ Mar 28 2021, 08:19 AM)
Thanks for sharing..
I heard about the paint thickness issue too, is yours white color?
Silver. Very thin paint, god damn Toyota
sulimc
post May 12 2021, 11:24 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(volrath @ Sep 23 2020, 11:04 PM)
Hey sifus and donutmen,

Tomorrow I'm getting my new ride, was informed after booking and stuff that I'd be getting Michelin Primacy 4. Yesterday, was told I'd be getting Dunlop Sport MAXX 050 (I believe it's non + ones) instead. I quite bengang but also there's nothing I can do.

So with my driving preference below, can you guys recommend me if I should stick to it, or day 1 terus go change to better donuts.

1) 225/45/R17 (Dunlop SP MAXX 050)
2) Driving pattern - 100km daily driving, 80% highways, 20% city (about 2,200km/month) with holidays and adhoc trips, I think my usage will be around 25000-27000km annually.
3) I only drive at road legal speed, 80-90 kmh, 110 kmh if I rush/overtake
4) Klang Valley, highway condition is decent
5) My expectation is quiet level, as I drive long distance daily, my very first priority is comfort + NVH

So with the above, as I never used Dunlop tyres before, would like to get some insights from you all, if I should use it partially, use them till end of life, or change immediately (so I get better trade-in value)?

Please also recommend me some good models, so far I'm only eyeing on Michelin Primacy 4.

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

Took delivery of Corolla Altis celestite grey in April 2021. Found the stock Dunlop tyres pretty noisy, especially when going over bumps. It makes a hollow rumble sound like hitting an empty oil barrel. Since I had just downgraded from an 8 year old Camry, really could not tahan the rumbling and traded in for Michelin Primacy 4. My regular mechanic offered at RM 480 each with RM 120 trade in for Dunlop; nett was RM 360 per tyre. Haven't driven much yet, but since I have been on Michelin XM2 and PS3 before, so I have no worries about Primacy 4. It's a much quieter ride and so far no issues on grip and comfort in dry or wet.

Cheers!

TSvolrath
post May 12 2021, 01:31 PM

Casual
440 posts

QUOTE(sulimc @ May 12 2021, 11:24 AM)
Hi there,

Took delivery of Corolla Altis celestite grey in April 2021. Found the stock Dunlop tyres pretty noisy, especially when going over bumps. It makes a hollow rumble sound like hitting an empty oil barrel. Since I had just downgraded from an 8 year old Camry, really could not tahan the rumbling and traded in for Michelin Primacy 4. My regular mechanic offered at RM 480 each with RM 120 trade in for Dunlop; nett was RM 360 per tyre. Haven't driven much yet, but since I have been on Michelin XM2 and PS3 before, so I have no worries about Primacy 4. It's a much quieter ride and so far no issues on grip and comfort in dry or wet.

Cheers!
Grats on your ride. Well yeah, can't tahan the noise. But the Dunlop has really good grip though, after all its a UHP. Primacy 4 is a touring tire only.

My next one should be either the Goodyear Eagle F1 or PS4 maybe... Cornering in this car is such a joy haha

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:31 AM