Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[2020] Apple Watch Series 6 Discussion Thread

views

emy_xvidia
post Oct 24 2020, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Any Johoreans here know which SenQ branch has stocks for the S6?
emy_xvidia
post Oct 25 2020, 05:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(nfmbf @ Oct 25 2020, 03:04 PM)
Those who have ordered, so far OK? I’m torn between SE or 6. Initially wanted to buy SE, but I heard several issues.
I went to the Switch yesterday to view both the S6 & SE. Both have great build qualities, and the displays look the same only that the S6 was slightly brighter in my view with both brightness settings at the same level.

If you have the money and care for the extra features of the S6, then go for the S6 otherwise SE is sufficient. Apple say it's 2 times faster than the Series 3 so that's that.

For me the notable difference that I care of between these 2 models is that the S6 has the Always-On display. I hate a watch that doesn't show the time always. Personal preference.
emy_xvidia
post Oct 26 2020, 01:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

I also just got mine yesterday from a local SenQ outlet. Somebody cancelled taking his PO unit. Free additional one year warranty. Plus a bit of discount using their voucher. biggrin.gif My last Apple Watch is the Series 3 which has served me well for the past few years.

QUOTE(ygchan @ Oct 25 2020, 07:18 PM)
Do u think aluminium or stainless steel better? For work field at dirty, heavy, and water-ing area?

How if aluminium with screen protector+case? Because bit huge different in price. I need to consider twice
My opinion; aluminum is enough especially if you plan to put on a case on it. If you buy the SS case model trust me you will be putting a case also on it. It’s just that for your work environment, the SS model might suit you better in regard to the fact that it comes with a sapphire glass which is said to be more durable and scratch-resistant compared to Ion-X Glass on the Aluminum model.

Most SPs would make the screen unresponsive btw. Try take a watch on MobileReviewEh YouTube channel, i believe he covered everything about the SP/TG of the watches. Quite comprehensive.

This post has been edited by emy_xvidia: Oct 26 2020, 01:54 AM
emy_xvidia
post Oct 27 2020, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

Anyone here having problem with their Move Ring not working if enable the ECG unofficially specifically on WatchOS 7.0.2?
emy_xvidia
post Oct 28 2020, 11:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Susuwatari @ Oct 28 2020, 09:33 AM)
Is it working now? With that method of activation, you need to give it some time to propagate the health data when you sign in to your own Apple ID again, depending on how big is your health data. The move count may be affected as a result. In fact, my ECG wasn’t working until a few hours later after the activation.
Oh well thats a good info. But did you encounter your Move Ring not working? Are you on the latest iOS 14.1 & WatchOS 7.0.2 btw?
emy_xvidia
post Oct 28 2020, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Ares187 @ Oct 28 2020, 02:47 AM)
Hey guys , i ordered my first Apple Watch today from SenHeng , i wanted the additional 1 year warranty . Expected to receive on the 3rd Nov 2020

[attachmentid=10655035]
Ensure your PlusOne Member is valid before purchasing online from them otherwise you won't get the extra 1 year warranty. Just FYI.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 1 2020, 07:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(NicJolin @ Nov 1 2020, 02:54 PM)
guys, do you need to buy a case or screen protector for iwatch?

first  timer here
You’ll forget that it’s there on your wrist so the chance of hitting it with something like a door edge unintentionally is there. So better get a case IMO

QUOTE(Fjive @ Nov 1 2020, 03:32 PM)
Just got my S6 blue! Any recommendation for screen protector? is hydrogel type good? For case I'm looking at the Spigen Liquid Crystal.
I tried the Rock Hydrogel SP for the lol initially but surprisingly it sticks perfectly on my Apple Watch. Doesn’t sacrifice the clarity of the screen and it sticks on the rounded edge spot on with no bubbles. And screen doesn’t lose its sensitivity. Bloody cheap somemore.

For my case it’s good enough to prevent macro scratches on the Ion-X Glass.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 1 2020, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(wtw0911 @ Nov 1 2020, 07:58 PM)
Is it easy to stick the Rock Hydrogel if I am to buy it and stick it myself?
Super easy. Just align the SP from the top view exactly to the rounded edge (not the flat surface of the screen) and then do as per the video instruction. The alignment part isn’t showed on their video though. They give 2 SPs so yea you can f up once and still have the chance to do it again. The tools included are generously good as well. You even get a squeegee and the watch foam holder so it doesn’t move during installation.

I sound like a Rock seller but no biggrin.gif it surprised me as well that I got the best bang for my bucks for merely RM18 worth of SP. you can get cheaper at RM10 but mostly sold out for 44mm models. Try search around.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 1 2020, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(wtw0911 @ Nov 1 2020, 10:31 PM)
Hmm, do you still use a case to protect the bezel of the watch after using this Rock SP?
Yes im using a normal silicone case just to protect it from unintentional ding and bump during my daily routine. You dont have to use a thick case that makes your Apple Watch looks like a thick G Shock coz whats the point?
If dont use case also is fine one if youre a very careful person. If youre worried of durability issue then just get the SS model but of course comes with a significant bump in price. SS tends to resist knocking and bumping better than aluminium one, but eventually would see the wear and tear part as all stuff would.

emy_xvidia
post Nov 2 2020, 09:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(kaizer_x @ Nov 2 2020, 01:14 AM)
Used to use rock hydrogel. However, after 3-4 weeks, it started to peel off. Bought a few set until I’ve gave up and only use rhinoshield nx case
Oh that’s too bad. I’ve only used it for about a week plus now and it seems good so far. Maybe you’ve gotta be careful a bit of the edge when using tight case with the SP.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 3 2020, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Ansonlow @ Nov 3 2020, 03:11 PM)
Agree.....since Malaysia dont have ECG/EKG........no point to buy higher spec but cant fully utilized....

SE already good enough with cheaper price tag
You can activate ECG via this seller here in Malaysia. ECG is working fine on my Watch now.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 3 2020, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Fjive @ Nov 2 2020, 07:36 PM)
May I know where did you bought Rock hydro gel? Cant find any available in Lazada/Shopee
Here.

This seller is the only left locally to have the 44mm SP in stock. Others I’ve asked all sold out and need to wait.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 3 2020, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(Fjive @ Nov 3 2020, 04:29 PM)
Thanks, looks like both no stock for 44mm already. Going to check again next week.
Wah sold out ah? Lol. Before posting just now i checked still could select the 44mm one. laugh.gif

Just buy those from overseas one la. Cheaper a bit but wait a bit longer la.

Or you can try the Spigen one but more expensive.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 4 2020, 12:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(untitled_mc @ Nov 4 2020, 12:39 AM)
yes i am planning to, but i have few concerns as i am first time user of AW.

Concerns:
1) Battery life after activate, any huge impact? - do u notice a difference?
2) Side effect after activate - as per your exp none identified
3) will there be any issue with warranty if happen to do this?
1) Battery life is the same for me. Not any noticeable difference that I could notice.
2) None
3) The ECG is tied to your Health App. If you buy any other Apple Watch the ECG will be carried over so no the warranty isn’t affected. Those who have their ECG activated ‘legally’ in approved regions can still buy Apple Watch here in Malaysia.
emy_xvidia
post Nov 24 2020, 06:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,665 posts

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 24 2020, 12:14 PM)
Yea, that's seems like the case. Sad to lose out the best material on AW in our market.
Titanium is more durable, scratch resistance and light weight, so its like a combination of both Aluminium and Stainless Steels.

Personally, i feel weird to have casing on a watch, looks like G-shocks.
Get a simpler case then. Not every case looks like a G-Shock.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0322sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40 AM