Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks

views

maserati
post Sep 22 2020, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Sep 22 2020, 05:12 PM)
I feel you, a billion pounds spent and not one player can really live up to hype. So, if you have to dig through and do a post mortem, what is the root cause? Surely:
a. Woodward is the constant in this. So he must be a factor
b. Managers being changed, except Moyes who wasnt really backed in season 1 itself. (yes, I know got elbow guy and Mata who is good)
c. Poor negotiation of transfers, timing, identification, scouting.
d. Lack of that Director of football role - I'm not too sure on this one.
e. Player development - Not many players actually reaching the necessary heights. If you had to pick 1 damn good player from academy it'd be Rashford OR Greenwood. One you know how erratic and another is actually 18....
f. Just don't care?
Both of these, even if they arrive would not solve a problem with the team. Lazy and slow all round. Soft in the middle. Slow at the back. No sharpness at all down the right side. Striker not lethal with chances.
Next constant will be the coaches. Why doesn't anyone complain about all our players becoming crap in just months after joining us, regardless of who the manager is. Not sure if everyone here watched the semifinal against chelsea. Notice how during the water break chelsea's coaching staff are barking at their players. Whereas Ole, Carrick and Kieran were just standing around looking lost as hell. Only Phelan was screaming at the players.

Anyone ever wonder why Sanchez wanted out right after the first training session even before getting his first massive pay check? Or how united's players can barely make consecutive passes between themselves for years now.

Not like the Glazers have not been splurging. Not sure if you'd want to keep throwing money to buy big money player after big money player when they'll just turn to shit eventually.
maserati
post Sep 22 2020, 08:08 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Sep 22 2020, 07:25 PM)
the whole culture just not there after decades of handling by SAF and all destroyed by subsequent coaches.. I think no matter who come also will need a very long time unwind the damages done since moyes, LVG and JM took over... However, will they be given time by the board and the fans? lol... nowadays mostly will say i dont want to wait 20 years to get another EPL... so i think alot fans suggesting we should chg coach like chg wardrobe kot
We've only been changing managers. Not coaches. Managers rarely get too involved in trainings. Not even SAF.

We change manager after manager and keep buying players but the end result is the always the same. All our players will regress to footballers who can barely pass a ball properly. Barring a few moments of brilliance from a player or two every now and then.
maserati
post Sep 24 2020, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(sinoffire @ Sep 24 2020, 08:38 PM)
good. our balandor future winner is staying.

I'd been more surprised if someone actually put in a bid.
maserati
post Sep 29 2020, 05:20 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(john_white @ Sep 29 2020, 04:32 PM)
we should push pogba forward and let bruno/fred/tomato go box to box
pogba cant defend because he slow
Pogba is actually not slow. He's just not a defensive player. On the rare occasion where he tracks back, he is really very fast.

He's probably just unhappy to be shoved into that role. Same role he's playing even during mourinho days.
maserati
post Sep 29 2020, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Sep 29 2020, 05:27 PM)
AWB was covering for the CBs so he got pulled in. Brighton forwards kept ghosting our CBs so AWB tucked in to pick up the runners instead of staying wider out.
Solve the CB positioning awareness and we solve this problem.
CB bought at world record price with no positioning awareness? And I though United had a world class scouting system.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Not sure why so much hatred against Sanchez and Di Maria. I know this isn’t popular opinion but I felt they didn’t play too badly when they featured. Intelligent movement, good passing weight and range, great positioning.

At least nowhere as bad as the “local lads” who get what United is about. Ironically those who get United are the ones not playing like United.

These are world class players when we bought them but turned to shit because of our system or the lack thereof and surrounded by crap supporting players who can’t even do a simple triangle. Even the great paul Pogba has been pretty shit for some time now. And I’m talking about way before Covid. Why isn’t anyone blasting him for being a mercenary when he asked for a be challenge. Pretty sure his salary isn’t too far behind di Maria’s or Sanchez

maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Oct 1 2020, 01:45 PM)
pogba was blasted like not tomorrow if u could just take a moment and scroll back few pages tongue.gif
Yea but those were based on his performances past Covid, which could've played a part in his performance. I was referring to his general performance since his record breaking signing as well as his bid to leave in search of a new "challenge".

Even Di Maria and Sanchez only started talking so-called crap after they left. Wouldn't blame them entirely as we're unsure of what happens behind the scenes.

Can't blame them for sulking either if their team mates or our coaching regime aren't living up to expectations. Why would they want to throw away the massive salaries we're giving them for no reason at all?

It's useless passengers like lingard who are happy with their big weekly paychecks and perpetually under performing even when they're supposedly United through and through that are slowly but surely poisoning the club. Trophies? Those are optional.

But of course we can't fault them for their pay. It's clearly lousy / stupid management that led to this. If you have a new colleague/superior who is crap at what they do but get significantly higher pay than you, you can only blame the monkeys who brought them on and gave them their packages.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Oct 1 2020, 02:05 PM)
personally have not much issues with sanchez and di maria on their field performance although they can be better. their running and positioning always good. but its the way they leave the club and comes back with a stupid swipe...

thats the one that triggered me personally.
Well they're gone now and we still do not know what has happened in the background. They were brought on with life changing salaries so unless they hate the money they're getting, there must be something else.

They're definitely not as bad as "grown ass man" Lukaku,
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Oct 1 2020, 02:32 PM)
I don't know if we are talking about the same Sanchez.
I'm thinking about the player who struggled to beat opposing players during his time with us and had a higher percentage of losing the ball compared with the average of attacking players? I remember seeing the stats and it was quite low.
What I remember mostly was his team mates always not finding him when he's always in good space or his team mates aren't making themselves available for passes, which is a problem we're still facing up to this very day. Same reason why our players are always losing the ball right now.

All stupidly standing 2m from their team mate who's having the ball and with their backs against the opponent's goal. Then trying to turn and get away from 3 opposing defenders that have already closed down on them because of our slow rate of passing/play.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Oct 1 2020, 02:44 PM)
sanchez is definitely a failure. never had a game changing moment, except got 1 epl game only where we come from behind. newcastle i think?

di maria is world class. lvg tactic destroyed him. his first 2 matches are brilliant.

so much hate because they earning super big paycheck but still complain how sux to be in the team lol. did smalling, young, depay, lukaku complain after leaving? no. and the fans never hate them either. just making fun of them.
Lukaku? Who dreamed of playing in Italy and claiming Conte was the best manager in the world WHILE he was still a United player? The same Lukaku who refused to come back to the UK for training and stayed in Belgium to train with Anderlecht instead?

Smalling? young? Who else would've wanted them at their pay packages at the time but United. If you're the overpaid underperforming employee who has outstayed your welcome or usefulness for years, you wouldn't complain either. Doesn't mean other employees won't hate you for it. And they already have their PL medals, so nothing much left to fight for.

Depay? He's already made it known that he's a United fan and I think there was a buyback clause for him? I wouldn't talk crap about a club I could potentially be going back to either.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(bansai @ Oct 1 2020, 03:11 PM)
Pogba is the only supporting player that needs support in order to support... Stupid as it may sound. Marketing perspective he's been fantastic.
laugh.gif mindblown....
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Oct 1 2020, 03:24 PM)
yes bro.. i meant for pre-covid as well.. just a few pages back and u'll be make known to the feeling of fans here towards him
Always good to see people supporting the club and not always blindly backing the players for the same reason. Players in this day and age are ALL mercenaries. The days of "being true" to a club are long gone unless the PL implements a salary cap.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(orga_laut @ Oct 1 2020, 03:46 PM)
the point is this ..

de maria
- hes was not MU transfer target under LvG
- he doesnt want to leave RM
- suddenly, panic buy... with high wages
- did he perfom? yes, some games .. after that? bye bye MU

sanchez
- he was not MU transfer target under jose
- he doesnt want to leave arsenal
- just because city wants him but couldnt pay him, then MU snap him up ..with the highest salary in the squad
- did he perform? no, he was shit... after that? it turns out he really want to get out of MU after the 1st training session

"you can only blame the monkeys who brought them on and gave them their packages."

yes, blame the monkeys ... in this dembele case, it is the same monkeys!  laugh.gif
and guess what, dembele is the worst signing of all because he is injury prone, got attitude problem, and wud prefer playing FIFA
Yup, shows up late for training or sometimes doesn't even show up at all. And at such a young age.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Oct 1 2020, 04:50 PM)
he's just too inconsistent imo..

if it was up to me.. vdb deserve a chance in pogba's place at current form
So would I but unfortunately pogba is ole’s golden boy. Hasn’t he come out to say he would build a team around pogba before? Aiiii
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Oct 1 2020, 05:49 PM)
pogba kena blast everywhere bro... everyone ask him to be sell bro... but the board stick behind him like nobody business lol
Wonder if Adidas played a part in forcing pogba to stay with us. Let’s see if he starts earning his salary anytime soon.
maserati
post Oct 1 2020, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Oct 1 2020, 07:11 PM)
I'm more worried if Pogba has an "Always starts when fit" clause in the contract. That's a thing for superstars.
You could be right there too
maserati
post Oct 2 2020, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(damnself @ Oct 2 2020, 05:47 PM)
Man Utd boss Solskjaer: Squad depth strong enough

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-unit...h-strong-enough

Hehe..
Get the excuse and reasoning in first. Just in case monday really 0 incomings
maserati
post Oct 5 2020, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Oct 5 2020, 10:06 AM)
The problem on the current squad, u don't have a good wide player or full back who able to exploit the both left and right wing. That leaving Ole sticking to one strategy which is to attack through middle.

If u look at the left, Shaw and Rashford seem unsynchronized, hardly make overlap or create space movement. Right side even worse, basically only AWB is able to drift into it only. That's why since the beginning Ole has been targeting Sancho for this summer transfer.
But we're not playing through the middle. Our midfield is completely overrun.

It has always been CB -> Shaw/AWB -> Rashford/Greenwood respectively. Then pass between themselves, either Shaw/Rashford or AWB/Greenwood or send in a rubbish cross to an opposing player.

Even martial needs to drift to the sides to collect the ball with no else left to pass to because he's supposedly the most forward player. Or try to dribble his way back to a central/scoring position and lose the ball. Sometimes Bruno will make the run in for Martial to pass to.

Or pass to our midfield to switch from left to right. Then repeat the above. Or midfield loses possession in the process.

Then our opponents will counter with 2/3 quick, accurate and well weighted passes and our players are running back like clowns since everyone is upfield and all caught out of position.

Every now and then we will counter with a long ball to a lone runner. Probably reach the runner once out of every 10 tries. But even if the lone runner reaches the ball and slows it down for support to make their runs and pull opposition players away, the supporting players will just run even slower behind him, leaving no option to pass to either. So our opposition are always given all the time in the world to run back and regroup.

Rinse and repeat the above as necessary. Every single match.

Worst part about yesterday's game - Why no changes at all after martial was sent off. Need to kena 4-1 before he can change during HT??
maserati
post Oct 5 2020, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Oct 5 2020, 12:15 PM)
when we are playing very well during the period after mco.. we actually press and alot of fast passing around the opponent box.. but since the starting of this new season, its quite obvious alot players are unfit, burnt out or just sad by our transfer window standard + all the negativity from media and our ex players... in term of toxicity surrounding a club, our toxic level should be the highest now... and mgmt tot that as long as we are making profit, the fans will happy.. KEK
But ole did say he was very happy with the fitness levels of our players before the first game was played? Spurs played 3 matches in 7 days, don't see them slowing down one bit.

When you're paid the big bucks, you're supposed to be technically gifted and mentally strong. If you can't pick yourselves up after being shot down for being shit, then you can forget about ever achieving anything, especially during crunch times.

On a more realistic note, do you really need any further reinforcement to win against CP, Brighton, etc? Against the top 6, for sure we're way behind, as evident vs Spurs.

Why are questions not being asked about carrick and mckenna? They've survived multiple managers and not surprisingly, our players are still suffering from the same problems. Even all the newly bought players inherit these problems eventually.
maserati
post Oct 5 2020, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Oct 5 2020, 12:41 PM)
I think this is an accurate point. Club management needs to accept that building a team takes multiple seasons, not a single season investment.
Look at Liverpool and Klopp. It was a gradual improvement season on season until he got the squad that he wanted. Only one or two players from the original team remained. Liverpool backed Klopp through his tenure.

United will loosen the purse strings on a manager's first season. Then they see positive results in a developing team, and then in the second season they don't buy the players the manager wants. They start buying players Ed and the Board wants to ship more merchandise. This tanks the balance of the team and horrible results follow. Then by the 3rd season the manager is sacked. Rinse and repeat.

Ole is experiencing the same but he cannot come out publicly like his predessor Mourinho.
Ole then cannot seem to start VDB after 3 games. This is worrying. it just says that VDB is not a key part of the team after spending 40M, which means he wasn't high up on the priority list of transfers. And Pogba plays even when he's off form; occupying a starting spot and maybe giving signals that starting a game is in his contract.
Difference is, you could see a system that Klopp was trying to instill. And Klopp brought them to the CL's final in his first season? 2nd in PL in his second season? Something to that effect. More importantly, you don't see almost all starting 11 players regressing game after game after game with Klopp.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0566sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:55 PM