Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Manchester United Street Talks (English Clubs)

views

bansai
post Sep 18 2020, 02:42 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Sep 18 2020, 02:29 PM)
if sancho is realized, then i suspect our transfer window will just end there.. i guess we can all agree sancho himself is still not enough
Sancho is never enough. We're light on quality backup everywhere except middle.

QUOTE(damnself @ Sep 18 2020, 02:33 PM)
If I am sancho I also don’t want to come. Not enough ambition he will think. Possibility of him winning in Dortmund is more than here 😅
He's open to both moving and staying. United is not his first choice transfer option but we're the only one in this window and can give him huge wage increase.
bansai
post Sep 18 2020, 09:15 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Sep 18 2020, 03:28 PM)
That's the quality that OGS want in the dressing room.

Until now we still unable to offload Jones, Perreira, Lingard, Rojo, Smalling. This one i think can hantam Kayu because he always sell players at damn low value. If Smalling selling at 10mil pound to Roma, might as well cancel the sales and retain him as a backup players.
QUOTE(jas029 @ Sep 18 2020, 04:06 PM)
yea, which bring to another frustration where we can go on and on.. we can't even sell the players we wanted to part ways with for goodness sake.. are we really taking how-not-to-be-good-at-negotiation to the next level? is that why they don't have the extra fund for further signings?
Who says that ole wants them gone? 😉

QUOTE(onepack @ Sep 18 2020, 05:57 PM)
yup we all know how glazer bought the club by putting loan on the club.. cant change the past what important now good cash flow
Supporters, English billionaire whom is a fan, Arabs and Asian alliance together with club past players all tried to buy the club back before. All failed. Our Asian side tried for 3 billion backed by 3 real Asian billionaires (not the Tony fernandez style for business and personal benefits), this is about 10 years ago.

QUOTE(DarkWan @ Sep 18 2020, 08:11 PM)
I guess, Kayu want to "do Bruno Fernandes". Publicly voice the intent on player, negotiate here and there with the club, until player itself push the club for transfer.

While I do like Sancho, however, I don't like the fact that we previously paid the ransom money to the player that we want, like - Harry Maguire. So at this rate, I do not think that we'll get Sancho if Dortmund still do not agree with the payment term that MU proposed.
I never liked players forcing a move, respect your contract. It will bite you back in the ass. Respect the club, keep it behind closed doors.

bansai
post Sep 20 2020, 01:08 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

All players that left the club performing better than before when they were under ole. Majority of players regress under ole. First game of the season sets the tone for future games.

Ole out before it's too late. You all can jilat his balls for all I care, but his tactics are damn amateurish.
bansai
post Sep 20 2020, 03:04 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(onepack @ Sep 20 2020, 02:59 PM)
Dont think we are playing man marking.. He was running back covering the central area infront of the runner. When he notice the cross was wide and closer to townsend he did closing down to him and try to block. Looking back at replay palace actually got another man also more open.. Mctominay no where near him. Poor defending overall
Zonal marking. With lots of gaps in between because Palace was playing mobile and Zaha had freedom to roam. There was also man marking on Zaha but this exposed gaps when defenders were dragged towards him leaving more holes than our defenders were able to cover. Maguire and lindelof were also lazy, just sticking out a foot to defend. Amateurish.
bansai
post Sep 20 2020, 04:41 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(seed84 @ Sep 20 2020, 04:26 PM)
Yeah we're not playing man marking, tracking is a more appropriate term. He really should have covered his area the moment there's a hint of danger, but was way behind and let Townsend sneak in.

In fact, Mctominay and TFM also didn't track their man, just like everyone turn off and hoping Lindelof will marshal the LW out of play.

user posted image
Credit for the pass for the first goal. That low ball took out 2 defenders and the keeper.

I was more worried about the ayew shot in the first half saved by De gea. 5 of our players were drawn to the ball. It's like watching kids play in the playground.
bansai
post Sep 21 2020, 03:19 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

MUGG (Green Gold) is in the planning. We might have a Asian chapter this time. Problem is no spectators allowed in stadium, so they are looking for more avenues to promote the movement. There will be GG scarf and shirts
bansai
post Sep 23 2020, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Sep 23 2020, 09:03 AM)
So in the end it is a scoreline that flattered the performance.
Squad cohesion looks a bit off so Ole has a point that we'll need a few games to get going.
Squad cohesion off? These players have been playing together for the past seasons. That's not a very good reason. Fitness levels down is one thing, but don't see much of other teams complaining.

The tactics were off and we're already 6 behind after one game and it's not the hardest game of the season. Change the tactics or change the manager. Ole is a good man, but tactically inept. I've been consistent about him being inconsistent. There is no footballing direction or philosophy. He's just a good yes man to the board, a good sponge some might say. His pals in the media will always protect him and lay blame on to the players but really, his tactics are are so simple. The big games we won were mostly due to individual performances instead of team tactics.
bansai
post Sep 23 2020, 04:04 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(silvertoes @ Sep 23 2020, 01:30 PM)
yes Ole is actually tactically shallow and inconsistent.. doesn't help with him insisting to surround himself with his inexperience mates.. ask ourselves this: would any other PL club sign Ole if he quits tomorrow?.. hell no for sure

but i dont believe that removing him now is the best move.. removing Woodward and Glazers should be the priority.. if United gets a new owner, probably he/she/they will ask for Ole resignation anyway..
fact is glazers won't sell. glazers don't go woodward won't go. woodward don't go, he will hold on to the judge. Shareholders look at $$$ and the money is there and they are doing a good job. Problem on the pitch, playing team and coaches will have to answer. No support on transfers, the manager has to blast it out to the media. Let the team behind take the heat.

I can hear ole speaking to the press "Well, it has been a tough transfer window where we couldn't get all the players we wanted due to COVID and all, but we have a good lot of players here and i'm sure they are up to the challenge. We have top top players both young and with experience. We have players stepping in against Luton and they have been tremendous. We will see what we can do in January"
bansai
post Sep 23 2020, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(orga_laut @ Sep 23 2020, 03:20 PM)
lulz

thats football.

tactics is just instruction on paper. its up to the players on the field that make the difference.

based on his decision he made during the game ,..yea i agree ..is shit. cant blame him alone because his still doesnt have his main target .. right forward, left footed centre back, left back .. the current player to play in that position just not good enough
Individual brilliance comes from the player themselves, maybe one amazing solo goal every 3-4 games, but you need your basic tactics, formations, movement and coverage as base to fall back on when the magic runs dry. Take a look at how pep manages city, give them freedom on 3rd transition and solidity when defending. The players know where to go, what to do and when to do what they want because no instructions given on final phase. The end result is no matter how bad they play, the players know what to fall back on. Same with liverbird.

I pity greenwood, being shoved to the right. That boy is a goalscorer who deserves to spearhead the attack.
bansai
post Sep 25 2020, 01:46 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Sep 25 2020, 01:06 PM)
Kayu still want to press down £20mil pound further, Dortmund has been saying since day one, £110mil or get out. AFAIK they willing to negotiate on payment term.

Upamecano might cost £40-50mil
They are not willing to nego on terms. Straight cash. Take tabloid reports with a pinch of salt. United wants to structure the payment terms due to cash flow issue and FFP.
bansai
post Sep 26 2020, 09:32 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

BHA doesn't deserve the point. They deserved all 3.

Pogbas body language is damn obvious that he doesn't want to play, and this is the player ole wants to build the team around. Please don't come sancho. VDB must be thinking why pogba and not him starting.

Edit. Brighton was robbed of everything, the better team lost

This post has been edited by bansai: Sep 26 2020, 09:33 PM
bansai
post Sep 28 2020, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Sep 28 2020, 02:32 PM)
i also have some beef with the handball interpretation. According to some pro's its avoidable (means its intentional) but according to us armchair observers it looks so harsh to penalize.

But for me, as long as the rules are applied commonly and fairly then it is ok. You win some you lose some.

We are not VARchester United for no reason lol.
liVARpool sounds better... hahahaha
bansai
post Sep 29 2020, 02:21 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(Morpheus2be @ Sep 29 2020, 01:01 PM)
Those players that kena Cov19, dunno if got impact on physical endurance. See Pogba also like a shadow of himself.
Looks the same to me. He's the type where he needs others around him to perform. Now shoved to the back as a ball distributor that seldom defend, we'll be found out by other teams.

Bruno + Fred + matic would be more suitable mid than any bruno + pogba combi.
bansai
post Sep 30 2020, 09:26 AM

Enthusiast
758 posts

“It was just an opinion. Stay on the touchline when your team is losing and stay calm when your team is winning.”

Lesson from Mou. Ole just slumps in his seat..
bansai
post Sep 30 2020, 11:58 AM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Sep 30 2020, 11:52 AM)
are u referring to the same mourinho who jumped and ran all the way back to the tunnel celebrating when his porto team scored a late goal at old trafford that knocked us out of the champions league? tongue.gif
Yes, the same one whom beat the odds to win against us.
bansai
post Sep 30 2020, 01:30 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Sep 30 2020, 12:23 PM)
and why he did not beat the odds to win for us and got sacked?

and so the 'lesson' u mentioned is full of irony and hipocrisy then?
He was running to celebrate the goal in the champions league. It was late and it decided the game.

Ole likes to sit. Lack of instructions to the team when winning or losing.

Lampard was already winning the game, but very agitated and aggressive towards officials and official bench.

There's a difference.

Mou did well for us with what he had at United and got a trophies to boot. Ole got f all with players performances dropping the longer he's here.
bansai
post Sep 30 2020, 05:39 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Sep 30 2020, 02:46 PM)
that's exactly my point.. running around celebrating and then later goes to say stay on the touchline when losing and stay calm when winning? hard for me to contemplate with though

and that's the only part i don't agree with.. nothing to do with lampard or ole.. that sentence he put out is just a whipping tool against himself instead of  being forcefully point towards how ole behave on the touchline
Look at him at united, even after scored a goal near the end, he'll ask the players to calm down or ask certain players to go over to him for special instructions. How often you see Ole does that? Even when concede a goal, he'll be laid back and zen out

The porto celebration was because it was over, they got the goal and also to demotivate opponents.
bansai
post Oct 1 2020, 09:00 AM

Enthusiast
758 posts

Mata, Henderson and mata did well. We still lost out on possession and chances against Brighton.
bansai
post Oct 1 2020, 03:11 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

QUOTE(maserati @ Oct 1 2020, 12:10 PM)
Not sure why so much hatred against Sanchez and Di Maria. I know this isn’t popular opinion but I felt they didn’t play too badly when they featured. Intelligent movement, good passing weight and range, great positioning.

At least nowhere as bad as the “local lads” who get what United is about. Ironically those who get United are the ones not playing like United. 

These are world class players when we bought them but turned to shit because of our system or the lack thereof and surrounded by crap supporting players who can’t even do a simple triangle. Even the great paul Pogba has been pretty shit for some time now. And I’m talking about way before Covid. Why isn’t anyone blasting him for being a mercenary when he asked for a be challenge. Pretty sure his salary isn’t too far behind di Maria’s or Sanchez
Pogba is the only supporting player that needs support in order to support... Stupid as it may sound. Marketing perspective he's been fantastic.
bansai
post Oct 1 2020, 08:10 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

1) sponsors do not get involved in sporting aspects
2) United only puts in performance clauses, no guaranteed starts
3) he has been bang average his entire career with the exception of 2 seasons where he was above average to good
4) media darling and occasional 'skills'
5) he used to have good ball retention during the start to his united career but has since fallen flat these past few seasons. Even has the highest 'ball lost resulted in chance/goal' stat in PL for one season. Either coaching or personal issue.
6) the f is he playing a deep lying mid? Waste of space. Put bruno there will get better distribution. Might as well put him up top so he won't kacau the rest of the team.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0625sec    0.80    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th January 2021 - 09:24 AM