Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Affin Duo Credit Card, great rewards for eWallet (Credit Cards)

views

geekfiredog
post Sep 2 2020, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Sep 2 2020, 08:43 AM)
no, both cards come together.

apply from online? https://www.affinbank.com.my/Others/AFFIN-D...aspx?lang=en-US

NTB promo:
Need to state bumiputera status in application, and give consent to sell personal data to telemarketing? bye.gif bye.gif

user posted image
geekfiredog
post Sep 2 2020, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Sep 2 2020, 11:48 AM)
But isn't this clause in most of the credit card application form? Might be wrong on this.
I think for most of the applications, you can choose to opt-out during application. But for Affin bank - it's opt-in by default and you can't opt-out during application, and you can only opt-out later - by then your personal info probably has been sold to god know how many parties.
geekfiredog
post Sep 24 2020, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

I prepared all the requirement documents and application form and went to submit at the branch last Tuesday, without realizing that the branch was Islamic banking branch, and was told that this pair of CC can only be applied/processed by conventional banking branch. So happened that branch was being converted from Islamic Banking to Conventional Banking last Friday, so they keep my application form and said will submit after the conversion. Checked the application status through IVR yesterday and was informed that my application has been approved, now waiting for the cards to be delivered, then I can start cancelling my other cards (JOP? FCB?).
geekfiredog
post Oct 2 2020, 07:45 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

Received my Duo cards a couple of days ago, and the credit limit is one of the highest among the cards I own - just lower than SC JOP if not mistaken.

Based on the cards feature, I probably won't be carrying the cards with me most of the time as I don't think I'll be doing physical transaction (insert / tap / swipe) using either cards.
Mastercard : pretty much useless - just like Visa for MBB 2 cards.
Visa : will just use it to top-up Bigpay / TnG / Boost and spend through these e-Wallets. Not intended to use for online (PBB VS has higher CB rate), and probably move my insurance auto-billing to this card.
geekfiredog
post Oct 5 2020, 08:26 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 2 2020, 11:20 AM)
So, I just called Affin Bank at 10.46 a.m. for CIP application and I was told an officer will call me back by today.

I'm surprised the call came in 5 minutes ago. rclxms.gif He asked me which card I want to use for CIP, I chose Rewards card so that I won't mess up with other cards' transaction as I don't plan to use this card at all. The problem is I haven't activated that CC yet. tongue.gif So, CS helped me to activate as well. Good job.

Everything was done via phone, it will be credited within 3-5 working days. The officer who called said if I'm interested with 0% BT, can straight contact CS and mention his name. This guy is efficient. thumbup.gif

Oh ya, my earlier call to CS also checked for my Duo statement date and I was told it is the same as VS.
Still considering if it worth the efforts - let say if I put that RM15k to my flexi loan current account, with current effective interest rate of ~ 4%, I probably save ~ RM170 after 6 months. Not worry about my credit rating as I don't plan to take up any loans for the next 6 months or so.

geekfiredog
post Oct 7 2020, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(Darren @ Oct 7 2020, 12:43 PM)
the cip is 80% from credit card limit right?
so for 0% only can apply for 6month?
am i mistaken anything?

so if i apply n put in fd for 6month then will get free FD interest?
You could, and at current FD rate, you will probably earn ~ RM50 - RM100 after6 months with RM15k CIP.

This post has been edited by geekfiredog: Oct 7 2020, 02:18 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 11:28 PM