Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Quitting without job

views

masterelr
post Sep 16 2020, 02:17 AM

Enthusiast
987 posts

QUOTE(Trebuchetti @ Sep 15 2020, 09:32 AM)
It's a good idea to do that, resting for 1 month, but good luck trying to get a job after 1 month. I've been through the same crap and spend a year waiting for 1 or 2 job interviews per month, mostly because Jobstreet was and still is crap. I have better chance now with Indeed & Facebook Jobs as they guarantee me more interviews.

Thanks for the info. The last time I applied for jobs was more than 10 years ago (starting to apply again now) and I only remember there was jobstreet back then so it's good to know what other sites work better. I also registered for Glassdoor and WOBB but haven't started applying yet.
masterelr
post Sep 16 2020, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
987 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Sep 16 2020, 07:42 AM)
So you have been working for 10 years for the same company?
Same company for 13 years and next month will be my last month there. It's been a fun journey but my industry is one of those that's been hit hard and my company is forced to look into new areas to stay afloat. And this new area isn't something that interest me so I thought I might as well leave to find something that I actually want to do instead of staying and doing something I don't want. I'm lucky to have an understanding boss, now I'm just waiting for a call for an interview. I'm looking to try out something new - customer service related, I did have less than a year experience in a call center and as a sales admin before I joined this company so I kinda know what to expect.
I know resigning around a time like this is risky and my savings can probably only last 2 -3 months (I don't earn a lot so not much savings) and I'm prepared to take on lower paying jobs if it gets serious. It's still not too late for me to make a u-turn and extend my stay in this company for a few more months (the company would be more than happy to extend since they need all the help they can get) so we'll see I guess. I have till end of this month to confirm my decision.

This post has been edited by masterelr: Sep 16 2020, 02:47 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:40 PM