Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Quitting without job

views

otai_g
post Sep 14 2020, 09:44 AM

Casual
383 posts

just proceed. if you looking new job before resign, most probably u dont have rest time between gap. new company basically want u join them faster. from my past experienced in job hoping, there are no free time between switch job.

just take a rest for 1 month and go and do anyplace/anything u want, before start a new job.
ck_boon
post Sep 14 2020, 09:49 AM

Regular
1,864 posts

QUOTE(racoon9996 @ Aug 31 2020, 09:43 PM)
As the title stated. I am planning to send in my resignation letter. I dont have a job or any interview yet. But the working enviroment itself are really affecting my overall mental health. I've just started a few months back as a fresh grad. Has anyone else tender their resignation letter even before getting an interview? How do you explain the unemployment gap?
dun worry alot of ppl do that also, u should resign , go relax your brain 1st, then start finding job
silverwave
post Sep 14 2020, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,229 posts

TS, if you have savings to last you for a few months, pls go ahead and resign. Toxic environment and affecting the mental health is the worst thing to endure daily at a horrible workplace.
Raikkonen
post Sep 14 2020, 10:21 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,338 posts

My friend did.

Feel like office bullying.

His Assistant Team Leader (ATL) behaving like a dick.

He even had an accusation of bullying his subordinate.

After counselling, he changed but for a while only.

Now assigned to the new team...same old dick-ness.

Dunno why the company still want a keep him.

Patronizing, hurtful words, hypocrite, demotivating, arrogant etc.

If you made a mistake, he enjoyed doing all that to you.

Busy brown nosing the boss instead of taking care of his subordinates.

My friend got scared to come to work.

He lasted 5 months only.

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Sep 14 2020, 10:34 AM
Raikkonen
post Sep 14 2020, 10:43 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,338 posts

QUOTE(kesvani @ Sep 8 2020, 07:41 PM)
1- i pay for room rental only
2- I live alone but plan getting marry next year
3- Run away from home even then my family is not rich a B40 work in kopitiaam

Yet i resign
Why?

Reason?

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Sep 14 2020, 01:27 PM
Pokemane P
post Sep 14 2020, 12:49 PM

Probation
32 posts

QUOTE(silverwave @ Sep 14 2020, 09:56 AM)
TS, if you have savings to last you for a few months, pls go ahead and resign. Toxic environment and affecting the mental health is the worst thing to endure daily at a horrible workplace.
hard to find non-toxic environment in workplace ler..the best way is to find less toxic environment...
Trebuchetti
post Sep 15 2020, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(otai_g @ Sep 14 2020, 09:44 AM)
just proceed. if you looking new job before resign, most probably u dont have rest time between gap. new company basically want u join them faster. from my past experienced in job hoping, there are no free time between switch job.

just take a rest for 1 month and go and do anyplace/anything u want, before start a new job.
It's a good idea to do that, resting for 1 month, but good luck trying to get a job after 1 month. I've been through the same crap and spend a year waiting for 1 or 2 job interviews per month, mostly because Jobstreet was and still is crap. I have better chance now with Indeed & Facebook Jobs as they guarantee me more interviews.

But really, I'm looking at spending 6 months developing my art & design skills so I can a build a portfolio to add to my resume. Ideally, I would love to work for an animation studio; pragmatically, I'd settle for a graphic design job as it's more everywhere in KL and theoretically, more stable. Hopefully, there's a better chance working for either jobs than before.
masterelr
post Sep 16 2020, 02:17 AM

Enthusiast
915 posts

QUOTE(Trebuchetti @ Sep 15 2020, 09:32 AM)
It's a good idea to do that, resting for 1 month, but good luck trying to get a job after 1 month. I've been through the same crap and spend a year waiting for 1 or 2 job interviews per month, mostly because Jobstreet was and still is crap. I have better chance now with Indeed & Facebook Jobs as they guarantee me more interviews.

Thanks for the info. The last time I applied for jobs was more than 10 years ago (starting to apply again now) and I only remember there was jobstreet back then so it's good to know what other sites work better. I also registered for Glassdoor and WOBB but haven't started applying yet.
Raikkonen
post Sep 16 2020, 07:42 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,338 posts

QUOTE(masterelr @ Sep 16 2020, 02:17 AM)
Thanks for the info. The last time I applied for jobs was more than 10 years ago (starting to apply again now) and I only remember there was jobstreet back then so it's good to know what other sites work better. I also registered for Glassdoor and WOBB but haven't started applying yet.
So you have been working for 10 years for the same company?
Trebuchetti
post Sep 16 2020, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Sep 16 2020, 07:42 AM)
Technically 7 years since 2008 for a retail bookstore. I did try to look for a job since 2011 and been through several interviews, but there was no calls from the other companies. Maybe the bookstore's short notice is too long, I don't know.
So I had to resign myself on 2015 and move on elsewhere.

Right now, I'm working on an online store under contract. Working in the office is fine. But since this company requires certain quotas per day, I'm already below quota and might get let go anytime soon.

I'm also sick of being considered having "lack of skill" so I'm taking up some online classes & tutorials to brush up myself. My current savings may not afford to enter any local colleges, but then, it's the pandemic. I'm hoping to learn Photoshop (though I already have Clip Studio Paint) so I can get into any visual creative jobs, be it graphic design, concept art or hopefully, animation.
masterelr
post Sep 16 2020, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
915 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Sep 16 2020, 07:42 AM)
Same company for 13 years and next month will be my last month there. It's been a fun journey but my industry is one of those that's been hit hard and my company is forced to look into new areas to stay afloat. And this new area isn't something that interest me so I thought I might as well leave to find something that I actually want to do instead of staying and doing something I don't want. I'm lucky to have an understanding boss, now I'm just waiting for a call for an interview. I'm looking to try out something new - customer service related, I did have less than a year experience in a call center and as a sales admin before I joined this company so I kinda know what to expect.
I know resigning around a time like this is risky and my savings can probably only last 2 -3 months (I don't earn a lot so not much savings) and I'm prepared to take on lower paying jobs if it gets serious. It's still not too late for me to make a u-turn and extend my stay in this company for a few more months (the company would be more than happy to extend since they need all the help they can get) so we'll see I guess. I have till end of this month to confirm my decision.

This post has been edited by masterelr: Sep 16 2020, 02:47 PM
James1983
post Sep 16 2020, 02:37 PM

💦kencing lettew💦
438 posts

QUOTE(masterelr @ Sep 16 2020, 02:35 PM)
Same company for 13 years and next month will be my last month there. It's been a fun journey but my industry is one of those that's been hit hard and my company is forced to look into new areas to stay afloat. And this new area isn't something that interest me so I thought I might as well leave to find something that I actually want to do instead of staying and doing something I don't want. I'm lucky to have an understanding boss, now I'm just waiting for a call for an interview. I'm looking to try out something customer service related, I did have less than a year experience in a call center and as a sales admin before I joined this company so I kinda know what to expect. 
I know resigning around a time like this is risky and my savings can probably only last 2 -3 months and I'm prepared to take on lower paying jobs if it gets serious. It's still not too late for me to make a u-turn and extend my stay in this company for a few more months (the company would be more than happy to extend since they need all the help they can get) so we'll see I guess. I have till end of this month to confirm my decision.
You’ve made a bold move...
Although it’s not recommend to quit before securing a job, if you’re confident your company can extend while you search elsewhere, then it’s all good

all the best ya 👍🏻
Topace111
post Sep 16 2020, 06:11 PM

Regular
1,831 posts

For those that feel mentally burnout from work, I suggest take a week total rest before considering resignation. If you still feel it's the right move, please proceed. In my experience, most employees just a need a temporary break for reset.

Resign without a job has its benefits but come with critical cons (ie: no salary, gap in employment, less bargaining power, job anxiety, ...etc).

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th September 2020 - 02:07 PM