Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is it moral for God to answer your prayer ?, A different thought abo answering prayer

views

will4848
post Yesterday, 02:49 PM

UNKNOWN
2,015 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:46 PM)
Why you don't believe in quantum stuff?
cos it is baseless everything just in theory, physically cant happen in the reality world
Spear2
post Yesterday, 02:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,302 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:49 PM)
cos it is baseless everything just in theory, physically cant happen in the reality world
Why you say it does not happen in reality? It has been shown in experiments and used as explanations for phenomena in the world. Those reality data fits the theory. Do you know any of these data?
will4848
post Yesterday, 02:56 PM

UNKNOWN
2,015 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:53 PM)
Why you say it does not happen in reality? It has been shown in experiments and used as explanations for phenomena in the world. Those reality data fits the theory. Do you know any of these data?
not all. most of it just theory ...possibility and probability brows.gif
Spear2
post Yesterday, 02:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,302 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:56 PM)
not all. most of it just theory ...possibility and probability  brows.gif
Again, do you know even 1 data that quantum theory explains?
mikehuan
post Yesterday, 02:58 PM

terrorhoof!
3,848 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:56 PM)
not all. most of it just theory ...possibility and probability  brows.gif
so is your religion.
will4848
post Yesterday, 03:06 PM

UNKNOWN
2,015 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:57 PM)
Again, do you know even 1 data that quantum theory explains?
so u know what i know and what i dont know too ? tongue.gif
will4848
post Yesterday, 03:08 PM

UNKNOWN
2,015 posts

QUOTE(mikehuan @ Oct 21 2020, 02:58 PM)
so is your religion.
religion is to 'trap' people mind, so 'possibility n probability' is also one type of religion ...
but unfortunately i dont belief in any religion icon_rolleyes.gif
Spear2
post Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,302 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 03:06 PM)
so u know what i know and what i dont know too ?  tongue.gif
I asked again, do you know even 1 data for quantum theory?
will4848
post Yesterday, 03:28 PM

UNKNOWN
2,015 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Oct 21 2020, 03:10 PM)
I asked again, do you know even 1 data for quantum theory?
sometime i also dont know what wrong with your otak ? kan i already say i dont belieeve in those quantum stuff ?

Spear2
post Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,302 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 03:28 PM)
sometime i also dont know what wrong with your otak ? kan i already say i dont belieeve in those quantum stuff ?
So you don't know even 1 data for quantum theory and when you are called out you dropped your pants ...
EternalC
post Today, 02:17 AM

Take what you can, give nothing back
837 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Oct 21 2020, 07:57 AM)
You are doing circular reasoning. Mathematically, if what is considered right or wrong is always determined by the majority, then the morality of the majority cannot evolve. The fact that the morality of the majority has evolved, proved that at some point in time, there are some pioneers who think out of the box, and figured out using other principles, and convinced themselves that it is morally more correct to make the change.

I have not mentioned anything new, this is what I have been saying all the time.

Again, if what is right is determined by the majority, those pioneers who advocated abolishment of slavery in the history, will not have basis for their argument, they will not have basis to say slavery is immoral. Similarly in today, then one will have no basis to say that majority discrimination against the Uighurs is wrong.

Very simple, the difference is between you are an obedient follower versus you are a forefront thinker/philosopher.
no, the morality actually evolves, or rather, progresses, as how human progresses and became more civilized. human are the one who shapes it, so as human evolves, morality does too. i did mentioned that it changes from time to time earlier. not a circular and fixated system. how the system works, may be fixated but not the "what is right and what is wrong" part.

yes, determined by majority. but it doesnt mean minority cannot win. all it takes is for the minority to affect or convince the others that their point of view should be the new "correct", and that, my friend, is how it "evolve" or rather, progress further.

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Oct 21 2020, 08:10 AM)
Yes it changes according to many factors, thus it is not arbitrary either as you seem to put it. IOW there are values associated with right and wrong but they are not just a person point of view.
of course its not just one person point of view. it's what generally accepted as good or bad by the majority of the masses
Roger80
post Today, 02:26 AM

12 posts

Why is it the answer given so long winded?

God will answer everyone’s prayer. Be it a believer or non believer.

The question is when will it be answered. That’s up to God.

Sometimes what you asked for are not meant to be because it may be bad for you. God replaces it with another.

Or he will not answer it now, as it will be answered in the hereafter.

For God is all knowing and God is the creator. God knows what has, is and will be. We must put our trust in God and do what we can, we pray to him and accept what is destined.

ramz
post Today, 02:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,793 posts

QUOTE(Roger80 @ Oct 22 2020, 02:26 AM)

God will answer everyone’s prayer.  Be it a believer or non believer. 

The question is when will it be answered.  That’s up to God. 

Sometimes what you asked for are not meant to be because it may be bad for you.  God replaces it with another. 

For God is all knowing and God is the creator.  God knows what has, is and will be.  We must put our trust in God and do what we can, we pray to him and accept what is destined.

your answer is simple because you only have to assert it.

TSpuchongite
post Today, 06:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
19,905 posts

QUOTE(EternalC @ Oct 22 2020, 02:17 AM)
no, the morality actually evolves, or rather, progresses, as how human progresses and became more civilized. human are the one who shapes it, so as human evolves, morality does too. i did mentioned that it changes from time to time earlier. not a circular and fixated system. how the system works, may be fixated but not the "what is right and what is wrong" part.

yes, determined by majority. but it doesnt mean minority cannot win. all it takes is for the minority to affect or convince the others that their point of view should be the new "correct", and that, my friend, is how it "evolve" or rather, progress further.
of course its not just one person point of view. it's what generally accepted as good or bad by the majority of the masses
You obviously don't understand your own contradiction. In that critical situation as described in the bold, before even attempting to convince the majority, what makes the pioneers think that the new "correct" is more morally correct ? What is the basis they have in the mind to support their OWN thinking ?

Did you not realize that at that critical moment, if the pioneers still think that right or wrong is decided by the majority, they ought to be classifying themselves as morally wrong, ie they will not be able to say their idea is correct, then the pioneers are promoting what they themselves considered wrong to others, it is a joke.

Fact: people do assert their idea morality as correct, against all odds. And at times, they do have "correct" basis, against the majority.

TSpuchongite
post Today, 07:27 AM

10k Club
All Stars
19,905 posts

QUOTE(Roger80 @ Oct 22 2020, 02:26 AM)

God will answer everyone’s prayer.  Be it a believer or non believer. 

The question is when will it be answered.  That’s up to God. 

Sometimes what you asked for are not meant to be because it may be bad for you.  God replaces it with another. 

For God is all knowing and God is the creator.  God knows what has, is and will be.  We must put our trust in God and do what we can, we pray to him and accept what is destined.
There is no sense in this argument. You are saying everyone's prayers is answered but not necessarily immediate. It is like saying I am most certain that I will be rich but don't know when.

Don't you know time is the essence ? If you are starving and you need food now, does it matter if you got it one month later ?

If you are in a match, you prayed to God that you could win, but eventually it turned out that you lost, how is it that you considered God has answered your prayer, or answered it later ?

This post has been edited by puchongite: Today, 08:03 AM
chtan
post Today, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,661 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Oct 21 2020, 02:01 PM)
as i already say, i dont believe in those quantum quantum stuff ...
suka suka quantum eraser, quantum entanglement, quantum soul, quantum this n quantum that ...
coming soon will be quantum god too and change everything from science to become another new religion  rclxm9.gif
Your cellphone and computer is using this to work. With all the verifiable evident out there you still don't believe and at the same time nothing can be proven with your god and you believe? Good for you. So hypocrite and irony.

11 Pages « < 9 10 11Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.86    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 01:36 PM