Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pro golf coach, Any recommendation

views

TSh_n_s
post Aug 22 2020, 04:41 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
294 posts

Hye. Im new to golf.
Staying in Bangi. Does anybody have any recommendations to golf coaches?

Any driving range in Cyberjaya, Bangi or Bukit Unggul.
Red_rustyjelly
post Aug 22 2020, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
846 posts

QUOTE(h_n_s @ Aug 22 2020, 04:41 PM)
Hye. Im new to golf.

in my very honest opinion. don't dive looking for coach first.

go to the driving range, hit balls until your hands and muscles are used to the pain, you will get physically attuned.

When u do go to the driving range, don't do full swing. alot of people have misconception golf when start.

Learn this first 9 oclock to 3 oclock swing (half swing), do this until you get use to it. then only u go visit a coach

protekotek
post Sep 3 2020, 11:25 AM

20 posts

Hye. Im new to golf.

Hello! I wonder if you are still looking for a coach?
If so I will pm you my coach number. He is a well experience coach
qingjiaqing
post Sep 10 2020, 04:56 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(protekotek @ Sep 3 2020, 11:25 AM)
may i have the number? and is the rate affordable?
protekotek
post Sep 10 2020, 09:44 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(qingjiaqing @ Sep 10 2020, 04:56 PM)
may i have the number? and is the rate affordable?
yes sure.... He based in Glenmarie golf club... and the rate is based on how many students smile.gif
For me is quite affordable... I'll drop you a pm of his number
TSh_n_s
post Sep 13 2020, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Thanksss

tmnta
post Oct 5 2020, 03:29 PM

18 posts

Hye. Im new to golf.

I used to go to driving range in Bangi (nearby UKM), but the ball is lousy. Very old ball. But the landscape is good to know your actual distance. There is also a driving range in Bukit Unggul but you can't know your true distance as you are on top of the hill. Ball is newer in Bukit Unggul too and less crowd. Not sure now though.
RaizenL P
post Oct 7 2020, 02:03 AM

Probation
8 posts

Hye. Im new to golf.

I assume you when to Danau driving range? Most of the time I went there because it's only 15min drive from my house.

IOI palm garden
- View & facilities is top tier, but expensive and their range is on 2nd & 3rd floor, so not really great way to measure your distance / chip shot etc. Plus they use range ball. But if you want macam yes atas feeling for social media, is a good place tongue.gif
- RM18 = 100 Srixon range balls

Uniputra aka UPM
- View & facilities is good, better than Danau range but not IOI palm garden. Balls okay and better than Danau range. But only 15 slots.
- RM10 = 100 used balls

------------------

I'm currently taking class on Uniputra / UPM from Mohd Din (019 3822 990). thumbsup.gif

Info based on begolfpro website:
- Ex National Player for Malaysia in 1996
- Members of Sea Games 1993
- Currently doing coaching at UPM Driving range. Besides coaching, he also does golf club alteration, repair and fitting, retail of golf equipment and accessories.

- RM900 for 10 classes
- Each class 1 hour
- Last 2 classes is combined and go on the green (so you could say is 8+2 classes like most golf lessons)
- I'm on 6th classes now. I do 1 class per two weeks so that I could have more time self practice.
- After the 10th classes, he's okay to have revision class like RM90 per class in case you forget and needs more.
- No high tech machine like swing analyzer or data involved, old school eye observations.
- Just pure teaching, not trying to sell you other things like golf clubs etc.

My experience:

Very friendly and patient in teaching. He will teach you everything starts from fundamental. But don't expect you could be pro with just 10 classes. Improvement is vary from individual to individual. It's a lot of self practice and learning. Currently me going for Range 2-3 times a week.

In my case, before taking the lessons my friend teach me golf for around 20 times in Range within 8 months, and went several 9 holes on the green. I do a lot of self learning, watch youtube videos, self recording my swings etc. So I understand some of the swings concepts, golf terminology and basics. I compare and use my friend as benchmark. He learned from coach (he just started golf 8 months when he teach me) and I didn't swings as well as he is after my 8 months golf experience. Therefore I knew I hit bottleneck and I start finding coaches and get Mohd Din.

Most of the time I explain to Mohd Din about my understanding (how to swing, hit on slope etc), if it's wrong, he will point out and correct me. So more like pinpoint leaning for me.

Did I improve? It's worth it? Yes, very much. My shots are more consistent now and managed to add 10 meters more to my swing.

Is he the best? No, but RM900 is quite cheap compares to other. if your budget allows you could go for RM120-250 per class from other coaches with all the advance technology. If you really need to step up your game, some coach like Alex Tiong from TPCKL is much more expensive, but I think this is for very competitive, advance golfers la. Unless you duit banyak then cerita lain. laugh.gif

Add on: I think communications plays an important parts in teaching. Aside from price, another reason I choose him because I'm more fluent in Malay & Chinese instead of English. Mohd Din speaks Malay and mix with some English. So both of us able to communicate more effectively and comfortable. My friend's coach from Korea and not fluent in English, both of them having a hard time lol laugh.gif laugh.gif

TSh_n_s
post Nov 2 2020, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Hey thanks!
I think this one is within my budget and also i need him to correct my current swing
Not consistent swing and have no confidence with my swing.

QUOTE(RaizenL @ Oct 7 2020, 02:03 AM)
I assume you when to Danau driving range? Most of the time I went there because it's only 15min drive from my house.

IOI palm garden
- View & facilities is top tier, but expensive and their range is on 2nd & 3rd floor, so not really great way to measure your distance / chip shot etc. Plus they use range ball. But if you want macam yes atas feeling for social media, is a good place  tongue.gif 
- RM18 = 100 Srixon range balls

Uniputra aka UPM
- View & facilities is good, better than Danau range but not IOI palm garden. Balls okay and better than Danau range. But only 15 slots.
- RM10 = 100 used balls

------------------

I'm currently taking class on Uniputra / UPM from Mohd Din (019 3822 990).  thumbsup.gif

Info based on begolfpro website:
- Ex National Player for Malaysia in 1996
- Members of Sea Games 1993
- Currently doing coaching at UPM Driving range. Besides coaching, he also does golf club alteration, repair and fitting, retail of golf equipment and accessories.

- RM900 for 10 classes
- Each class 1 hour
- Last 2 classes is combined and go on the green (so you could say is 8+2 classes like most golf lessons)
- I'm on 6th classes now. I do 1 class per two weeks so that I could have more time self practice.
- After the 10th classes, he's okay to have revision class like RM90 per class in case you forget and needs more.
- No high tech machine like swing analyzer or data involved, old school eye observations.
- Just pure teaching, not trying to sell you other things like golf clubs etc.

My experience:

Very friendly and patient in teaching. He will teach you everything starts from fundamental. But don't expect you could be pro with just 10 classes. Improvement is vary from individual to individual. It's a lot of self practice and learning. Currently me going for Range 2-3 times a week.

In my case, before taking the lessons my friend teach me golf for around 20 times in Range within 8 months, and went several 9 holes on the green. I do a lot of self learning, watch youtube videos, self recording my swings etc. So I understand some of the swings concepts, golf terminology and basics. I compare and use my friend as benchmark. He learned from coach (he just started golf 8 months when he teach me) and I didn't swings as well as he is after my 8 months golf experience. Therefore I knew I hit bottleneck and I start finding coaches and get Mohd Din.

Most of the time I explain to Mohd Din about my understanding (how to swing, hit on slope etc), if it's wrong, he will point out and correct me. So more like pinpoint leaning for me.

Did I improve? It's worth it? Yes, very much. My shots are more consistent now and managed to add 10 meters more to my swing.

Is he the best? No, but RM900 is quite cheap compares to other. if your budget allows you could go for RM120-250 per class from other coaches with all the advance technology. If you really need to step up your game, some coach like Alex Tiong from TPCKL is much more expensive, but I think this is for very competitive, advance golfers la. Unless you duit banyak then cerita lain.  laugh.gif

Add on: I think communications plays an important parts in teaching. Aside from price, another reason I choose him because I'm more fluent in Malay & Chinese instead of English. Mohd Din speaks Malay and mix with some English. So both of us able to communicate more effectively and comfortable. My friend's coach from Korea and not fluent in English, both of them having a hard time lol  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
David_Yang
post Nov 27 2020, 01:37 PM

Enthusiast
775 posts

Everything is cheaper outside Klang Valley, especially Golf wink.gif

If your parents live in Perak, Kedah... do your Golf lessons when you visit them. The Pros should be available for 50 to 80. Certainly don´t expect the fancy modern technology

This post has been edited by David_Yang: Nov 27 2020, 01:37 PM
MsKeane
post Jul 30 2022, 08:22 PM

14 posts

Hi, Can you ok me your golf coach contact? I’m looking for one.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:41 PM