Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New International Roaming Plans from Maxis

views

TSbrandonkl
post Aug 20 2020, 02:24 PM, updated 2y ago

-
579 posts

There's a new 7-days ASEAN and 30-Days World Unlimited Data Roaming Plans in Maxis.

Although "unlimited", not truly unlimited. You get 2GB high speed data per day. After that it is throttled. Then next day, you get another 2GB high speed data.
alexleow81
post Aug 20 2020, 03:04 PM

Liverpool FC
2,747 posts

Just read thru the T&C, yes wor, I did not realize it has a 2GB Cap. But still OK lah, speed capped 1MB.

This post has been edited by alexleow81: Aug 20 2020, 03:18 PM
zzzhhhzzz
post Aug 21 2020, 11:35 PM

Regular
1,652 posts

This new roaming package only provide unlimited data ? How about roaming calls and sms ?
alexleow81
post Aug 22 2020, 11:25 AM

Liverpool FC
2,747 posts

QUOTE(zzzhhhzzz @ Aug 21 2020, 11:35 PM)
This new roaming package only provide unlimited data ? How about roaming calls and sms ?
You have to subscribe to another calls and sms roaming plan (besides the data plan)
anon0809 P
post Sep 21 2022, 09:16 PM

Probation
1 posts

Been a loyal customer over 20 years, I am not only disappointed but also devastated. They do not honour everyone in the family plan for the world RM99 data roaming, but numbers have to register individually. If you spend a few days in overseas, they will charge you per day instead of a lump sum RM99. Not the most honest telco, and no T&C or warnings sent via SMS regarding the charge. Truly disappointed.
yujin86
post Oct 19 2022, 02:30 PM

Regular
1,697 posts

the roaming pass is activated upon click, really shit.
my number is under corporate plan, who is gonna to help me subscribe when i landed in overseas?
TSbrandonkl
post Nov 16 2022, 03:03 PM

-
579 posts

If you are on Maxis 188 plan and travel internationally a lot, I suggest you port to Celcom Mega 188 Plan. Celcom plan has better deal for roaming.

For example, in Celcom Mega 188 Plan, it offers free roaming, calls and sms to 23 countries. Meaning you can use your domestic data plan (currently 2TB, normally is 120 GB) for roaming data on 5G with no cap.

Whereas for Maxis roaming, there is a FUP for 2 GB per day for high speed internet. After that, it will throttle to 1 Mbps. Then next day, you get another 2GB per day.
nick1812
post Nov 27 2022, 11:39 PM

8 posts

Please be aware when subscribing to the Maxis World Pass. I just came back from Europe and received an absurd roaming bill of RM3200 from Maxis after having already subscribed for the RM99 unlimited roaming plan.

I have reached out to Maxis over 5 times and their response has been the generic 'the charges are valid'. One of them even shared the same sentiment with me over the phone 'Wow, I've never seen this before'. I went on a cruise tour with 30 other fellow Malaysians and no other people were charged beyond the RM99 we paid for.

Does anyone happen to know of any journalists who are willing to cover this story? I have the confirmation SMS after subscribing to the plan and the bill I could share. I feel that any one of us could be a victim of these unscrupulous practices by mobile carriers and I want others to be aware of this too.

Thanks!

incredibless
post Dec 5 2022, 12:00 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(nick1812 @ Nov 27 2022, 11:39 PM)
Please be aware when subscribing to the Maxis World Pass. I just came back from Europe and received an absurd roaming bill of RM3200 from Maxis after having already subscribed for the RM99 unlimited roaming plan.

I have reached out to Maxis over 5 times and their response has been the generic 'the charges are valid'. One of them even shared the same sentiment with me over the phone 'Wow, I've never seen this before'. I went on a cruise tour with 30 other fellow Malaysians and no other people were charged beyond the RM99 we paid for.

Does anyone happen to know of any journalists who are willing to cover this story? I have the confirmation SMS after subscribing to the plan and the bill I could share. I feel that any one of us could be a victim of these unscrupulous practices by mobile carriers and I want others to be aware of this too.

Thanks!
wow I was thinking to use my maxis for RM99 unlimited instead of going through the process of buying simcard and etc. Now I have to rethinking again. For other telco, my friend that has went two different countries in last month no charges on data usage but this is Umobile la....on their latest postpaid plan free 15GB roaming.
TSbrandonkl
post Dec 5 2022, 07:38 AM

-
579 posts

QUOTE(incredibless @ Dec 5 2022, 12:00 AM)
wow I was thinking to use my maxis for RM99 unlimited instead of going through the process of buying simcard and etc. Now I have to rethinking again. For other telco, my friend that has went two different countries in last month no charges on data usage but this is Umobile la....on their latest postpaid plan free 15GB roaming.
The RM3200 roaming dispute was on a cruise on international waters. If you are not roaming on a cruise or airline, shouldn't have any worries.
kenneth0
post Dec 11 2022, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Does anyone know what how to activate the 5G when roaming in 5G compatible countries? im using a Iphone12, it still shows 4G when connected to the correct network, such as Singtel in Singapore

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 PM