Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Installing Grouning Cable, How?

views

alamdamai1
post Apr 15 2008, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

blush.gif Bros, i'm driving a 10 year old Proton car where i installed my DIY VS at the cigar lighter....noticed vibration during idling improved moderately....then install my own DIY ground cables using our domestic earth power cables (ie. of the green insulation type) at 4 points only - alternator, camcover, firewall and distributor - and surprised surprised, my idling vibation has been reduced by about 50%....point is - the nos. of grounding location is not fixed thing - 1, 3, 7 etc. and would not decrease your FC as some other parties claim...happy DIY'ing icon_rolleyes.gif
alamdamai1
post Apr 22 2008, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

Yes, the Grounding Kit and VS (Voltage Stabilizer) would give a satisfying result to your car biggrin.gif ...if you would like to get your hands dirty, you can build them yourself where there are a lot of forums such as this or WAC or ZTH that will teach you how to do it...if not, you can always drop by at your friendly auto accessories guy which will usually costs about RM 100+ (ie. Ground + VS)... icon_rolleyes.gif
alamdamai1
post Apr 23 2008, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(wwlai87 @ Apr 23 2008, 11:16 AM)
there's been ppl talking about installing VS and grounding, that actually don give any difference to the car..
sweat.gif errr...okay, i think i should qualify my earlier statement whereby the satisfactory results i reported is only applicable to my car and may not have the same effect to other car owners which have different setup and condition compared to my old & trustworthy workhorse...laugh.gif
alamdamai1
post May 26 2008, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

Based on what i know & read from the website, minimum size of the ground cables should be at least Size 8 AWG (3mm2 dia.) where our domestic home earthing cable (ie. the green insulation type) should be sufficient...however, if you have the budget, you can opt for Size 4 AWG (twice bigger)...

some with deep pockets would opt for the expensive OFC cables but other users have reported no much difference in using them apart from looking good only...

as for the grounding points, i guess other forumers have reported their findings where its worth your time to read all of them to have a better idea..happy DIY'ing.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:31 PM