Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What should u prioritize in each stage of life?

views

SUSrenomahans
post Aug 10 2020, 12:36 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(Oklahoma @ Aug 10 2020, 09:03 AM)
I partially agree. Yes spouse and children give you motivation and will to survive during hard times (u will do anything for your kids).

But doesnt mean a single person has lesser will to live when the going gets tough, in fact in certain circumstances being single is better as you have less headache on thinking how to feed your spouse and children, when times are tough.
precisely, single people have more resources and better flexibility to turn around their lives, because they are not burden by commitment of cost of raising kids.

Yet, it appear esp after this MCO, find many single ppl commit suicide after they lost their jobs or their careers become obsolete.

not saying that family ppl don't suicide but notice lately got rise in single people suicide.
SUSyummymommy
post Aug 10 2020, 12:42 PM

23 posts

No matter which stage

Health should be priority
ruffy_z
post Aug 10 2020, 12:58 PM

12 posts

Between 20-30 aim to secure a stable job, if can achieve that every good thing will come to you
Yggdrasil
post Aug 10 2020, 01:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

Usually money > all

Money can buy you time because you don't have to work tomorrow.
Money might not buy you health but it certainly can buy you insurance.
Money cannot buy you a home but it can buy you a house.
Once you have money, everyone wants to be your friend laugh.gif
HolyValkyrie
post Aug 10 2020, 02:02 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(renomahans @ Aug 10 2020, 12:36 PM)
precisely, single people have more resources and better flexibility to turn around their lives, because they are not burden by commitment of cost of raising kids.

Yet, it appear esp after this MCO, find many single ppl commit suicide after they lost their jobs or their careers become obsolete.

not saying that family ppl don't suicide but notice lately got rise in single people suicide.
I believe more family people suicide during 97 market crash so different time different factor but single people suicide mostly due to psychology whereas family people due to financially (eg. claim insurance).

Family people has safety net if spouse also working but also less likely to take risk to make it big.

This post has been edited by HolyValkyrie: Aug 10 2020, 02:05 PM
+3kk!
post Aug 10 2020, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

some guy mentioned here about life stages

18-20 : dating/school
20-30: career
30-40: family
40-50: retirement
50-60 : health
60-70: religon

something to that extent, personally i think the only thing in life we should think about is having fun and finding the means to have that fun. can't have fun if you are broke as fuck

that comes down to a lot of things, if you hate your work and dont have fun with it even with all the money in the world, you gonna burn out before you reach 40.

if you dont have enough fun when you are young, then when the freedom and money comes in 20-40, a lot of ppl mid life crisis and fuck it up.

basically do what you think you wont regret in the future
Pakatan SinMa Plus
post Aug 10 2020, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

For me, I find it hard to rank the 4 priorities below, as all 4 are important in all stages in our lives, and they are closely linked to our emotional and mental health. I cant lose any 1 below in any stage in my life.

I thinks we should strike a good balance in all 4 priorities in any life stage. Hard, but not impossible.

- Family (Parents, siblings, significant half, children)
- Education/career
- Friends
- Health

hksgmy
post Aug 10 2020, 06:59 PM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

QUOTE(Pakatan SinMa Plus @ Aug 10 2020, 05:14 PM)
For me, I find it hard to rank the 4 priorities below, as all 4 are important in all stages in our lives, and they are closely linked to our emotional and mental health. I cant lose any 1 below in any stage in my life.

I thinks we should strike a good balance in all 4 priorities in any life stage. Hard, but not impossible.

- Family (Parents, siblings, significant half, children)
- Education/career
- Friends
- Health
That’s quite a good summary IMHO
Ziet Inv
post Aug 10 2020, 08:50 PM

On my way
644 posts

Don't just blindly work for the sake of working, work while being able to gain or learn something out of it.

Invest and grow your wealth at the same time, don't just trade your time for someone else's wealth.
cloudstrife07
post Aug 10 2020, 09:14 PM

I'm back, beaches!
4,674 posts

Whatever that justifies our existence in this universe:
- health
- family
- career
- education
- wealth
- society

Some people loses the motivation/will to live because they feel that no one needs them anymore so the push to survive isn't there, and it occurs in all stages of life not necessarily adults. There were cases previously where children and teenagers commit suicide.

This post has been edited by cloudstrife07: Aug 10 2020, 09:15 PM
hksgmy
post Aug 13 2020, 03:05 AM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Aug 10 2020, 02:15 PM)
some guy mentioned here about life stages

18-20 : dating/school
20-30: career
30-40: family
40-50: retirement
50-60 : health
60-70: religon

something to that extent, personally i think the only thing in life we should think about is having fun and finding the means to have that fun. can't have fun if you are broke as fuck

that comes down to a lot of things, if you hate your work and dont have fun with it even with all the money in the world, you gonna burn out before you reach 40.

if you dont have enough fun when you are young, then when the freedom and money comes in 20-40, a lot of ppl mid life crisis and fuck it up.

basically do what you think you wont regret in the future
Your post got me thinking and this is my version:

Initial 25 years - EDUCATION
Past 25 years - CAREER
Coming 25 years - RETIREMENT & FAMILY (its only a year away and I can’t wait)
Final whatever years - Don’t really care anymore, as long as I can look back and say I have lived my life without regrets
Justin.Loong
post Aug 13 2020, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(yummymommy @ Aug 10 2020, 12:42 PM)
No matter which stage

Health should be priority
+1 on this! nod.gif
user posted image
If you don't have good health, then you can't do anything.
And even if you had money but not good health, for sure it affects the quality of your life. mega_shok.gif
hksgmy
post Aug 13 2020, 01:25 PM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Aug 13 2020, 11:14 AM)
+1 on this!  nod.gif
user posted image
If you don't have good health, then you can't do anything.
And even if you had money but not good health, for sure it affects the quality of your life.  mega_shok.gif
Tambah satu plus lagi. Suffice to say, the priority for personal health is a fixed constant throughout all the stages of life, in addition to the others which was mentioned.
9m2w
post Aug 13 2020, 02:08 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

Damn, reading this thread making me feel old

Initial 20 years - A mixture of YOLO plus education. I really did a lot of dumb shit as a kid including chain smoking.
Next 20 years - Career and family. Thank god I cut down on the YOLO stuff and digged in during my 20s and early 30s. Helped me earn enough to live comfortably
Coming xxx years - Health and career. Family is a given, but to take care of my family I got to prioritize health. So that means going for regular checkups, watching my diet, fixing my bad back and my knees. Career will always be there because not just me but my wife are work junkies. We'll spend more time with our kids the more senior we get but, we will still be working most weekdays and we will check emails after work if the situation requires it. I might start up something just to keep myself occupied past my retirement age if my company sees fit to let me go

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:52 PM