Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help on my research :/

views

TSastron
post Aug 8 2020, 08:29 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
52 posts

Hi,
so I conducted a study on university students regarding the relationship between the effectiveness of E-learning and the students' examination results. I had to use the SPSS to determine the mean and standard deviation. The results are as below, and there are 200 respondents. I need help on what does this result means?? Like how do I have to describe it, is the relationship positive or negative..

user posted image
Blofeld
post Aug 8 2020, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(astron @ Aug 8 2020, 08:29 PM)
Hi,
so I conducted a study on university students regarding the relationship between the effectiveness of E-learning and the students' examination results. I had to use the SPSS to determine the mean and standard deviation. The results are as below, and there are 200 respondents. I need help on what does this result means?? Like how do I have to describe it, is the relationship positive or negative..

user posted image
It basically shows what you want to find, the mean and standard deviation of each variable, the first variable (effectiveness) and the other variable (I have achieved greater results).

How many points do you have in your Likert scale? Five points? Seven points?

Assuming you have a five-point Likert scale, the average score for effectiveness is 2.99. The interpretation is that the majority of the respondents answered somewhere on 3 for effectiveness.

How much the score deviated (standard deviation) from the mean is 0.52844 from 2.99. So you can interpret it that the scores deviated (on average) plus minus 0.52844 from 2.99.

The same explanation goes for the other variable.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:33 PM