Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Got reported and warned for sharing my YT channel, Help me fix notification error

views

TSZiet Inv
post Aug 6 2020, 11:01 PM, updated 4y ago

On my way
644 posts

-- Please keep your post concise to ensure a speedy review from us. We suggest 250 words or less. --

Hi mods, I've recently got reported for sharing my YouTube crafts on kopitiam section, and rightfully so my thread got removed.

But then, 1 of the notification on that thread is still in my notification bar (1 notices), which I cant seem to remove because the thread is now gone.

Question:
1. Is there anyway to remove the notification (1 notices)?

2. Is there a way for the 10% warn below my avatar <<< to be reverted to 0% (with time, or anything else)?

Thanks
hightechgadgets8
post Aug 6 2020, 11:27 PM

Rất Vui Được làm quen với bạn
5,646 posts

1. click on red x

2. warning will go off in time

This post has been edited by hightechgadgets8: Aug 6 2020, 11:27 PM
TSZiet Inv
post Aug 6 2020, 11:33 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Aug 6 2020, 11:27 PM)
1. click on red x

2. warning will go off in time
Thanks, for some reason the notification went away after the server down.

Question: is it allowed for me to link my youtube videos if my reply is genuinely related to the topic discussed on the forum threads? Just wanna be clear incase I mis-step again.

Thanks
Rusty Nail
post Aug 7 2020, 04:40 PM

Why am I still here?
4,782 posts

I guess members are overzealous when coming to self promotion of YouTube channels, using Lyn trafficking to monitize from it.

You can try to spoiler the videos, but it's no guarantee that they won't easily butthurt
PJng
post Aug 7 2020, 06:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,537 posts

I read somewhere, forgot where
Cannot promote own channel here
TSZiet Inv
post Aug 7 2020, 09:51 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(Rusty Nail @ Aug 7 2020, 04:40 PM)
I guess members are overzealous when coming to self promotion of YouTube channels, using Lyn trafficking to monitize from it.

You can try to spoiler the videos, but it's no guarantee that they won't easily butthurt
That's sad, considering sharing of prank/weird videos are allowed, but sharing educational content (of course it comes with the promotional part) is prohibited.

But I totally understood if it's not allowed to "promote" our own channel, to prevent the forum from being a spamming ground.

However, I've previously posted similar content on Serious Kopitiam, response was overwhelmingly positive, and we get to talk and learn from each other, and I didn't get reported nor the thread being removed.

On the contrary, 2 minutes into posting on Kopitiam, my thread got reported, and the same person went and Dislike my video on my YouTube channel. That is such a huge butthurt lol! Of course, 1 hour later, mod removed my thread and warned me (10%).

QUOTE(PJng @ Aug 7 2020, 06:44 PM)
I read somewhere, forgot where
Cannot promote own channel here
Ah is it, I didn't bother to read the regulations because I always comment responsibly and do not post any comments that offend anyone.

But it's sad that Im not able to share my content with people - I've successfully made a few friends here on LYN and helped a few forumers to get started in investing. So it's such a cock block when the whole thing is a win-win situation.
ykj
post Aug 9 2020, 06:56 PM

Mission on educating on Hibah Takaful importance
830 posts

Admin is it true that we cannot post our youtube video in kopitiam even for advise on improvements and etc.?

How are the trolls and racists better than especially an educational video?
PJng
post Aug 9 2020, 08:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,537 posts

QUOTE(ykj @ Aug 9 2020, 06:56 PM)
Admin is it true that we cannot post our youtube video in kopitiam even for advise on improvements and etc.?

How are the trolls and racists better than especially an educational video?
For me la
Post video, don say something like come here, support my work
Will not look like promote own channel
TSZiet Inv
post Aug 9 2020, 10:24 PM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Aug 9 2020, 08:49 PM)
For me la
Post video, don say something like come here, support my work
Will not look like promote own channel
Tried that, done that

In Serious Kopitiam, great feedback even though I ask people to come view and give me feedback (not sure why didnt got removed, maybe Serious Kopitiam is allowed? i don't know)

In Kopitiam, first minute got reported by butthurt (i know becoz simultaneously i got my first Dislike on my YouTube channel), next hour thread got removed, and i got warned subsequently (still got 10+ subscribers in 1hour from that tho, see, subs don't lie, people sub if the content is worthy)

Someone suggested me to open in Stock Exchange sub-forum, so I went there, opened a thread to ask IF I CAN SHARE MY CHANNEL, left it for 2 days, 0 response, then I updated it this afternoon to include my channel link, terus got removed by mod within minutes, without warning thou.

I've contacted a mod, he asked me to e-mail lowyat company (e-mail in FAQ) for commercial arrangement in order to promote my YouTube channel.

Done that, let's see how the lowyat helpdesk would reply my email.

Kinda done trying tho, not putting much hope already. Feel free to ask if you wanna know anything

This post has been edited by Ziet Inv: Aug 9 2020, 10:26 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 PM