Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone doing digital art?, Tablet with expresskeys or keyboard?

views

TSTeddysaur
post Aug 6 2020, 12:47 PM, updated 4y ago

Socially cawkward 🦄
435 posts

I've recently been saving up to buy a display tablet from Huion cause it is cheaper as compared to Wacom.
Initially thought of going for Kamvas Pro 16
But then I saw Kamvas Pro 20 (2019).

And I had an internal argument if whether i should go for 16" or 20"
Both are available from Shopee

But then I realized that Huion is having a pre-order for their new products both being Kamvas 22 and Kamvas 22 Plus respectively.
And I was amazed with Kamvas 22 Plus specifically.
And it also comes with a new pen 3.0

The problem is Kamvas 22 and 22 Plus do not come with shortcut keys (expresskeys) on the side of the tablet.

So my question is:

1. Do expresskeys matter? Would it be easier and convenient to just use small keyboard?
2. Since Kamvas 22 Plus is a pre-order so it is only available in their website so you have to buy from there. Do you think Malaysia Custom will tax and hold my tablet? Since it is a newly launched product?

It is also worth to note that this is going to be my first time buying a drawing tablet.

Thanks for any input

heinlein
post Aug 6 2020, 01:44 PM

Regular
1,442 posts

I prefer use custom shortcut key on keyboard, this is personal preference actually
TSTeddysaur
post Aug 6 2020, 01:58 PM

Socially cawkward 🦄
435 posts

QUOTE(heinlein @ Aug 6 2020, 01:44 PM)
I prefer use custom shortcut key on keyboard, this is personal preference actually
why?
i know it is a personal preference
but why?

heinlein
post Aug 6 2020, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,442 posts

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Aug 6 2020, 01:58 PM)
why?
i know it is a personal preference
but why?
Hands feel more comfortable and natural on keyboard. Unless you want to put your hand on the express key all the time or stop and look at the express key just to press it, disrupt the workflow. It's just me, my job require me to race with time. Keyboard nicer to press too, I dun like the mushy express key
Microsuck_360
post Aug 20 2020, 07:56 AM

Getting Started
241 posts

Hello there,
If this ya 1st time into this digital drawing stuff..(not for work i assumed) i prefer you buy/try tablet (non display one) reason is 1st cheaper, 2nd you might like or not this digital drawing stuff so you save some money there lol hmm.gif but hey its ya money biggrin.gif. Oh yeah keyboard is the best...

PS: i been using Intous5 for many many years now..i'm full time cartoonist by the way... whistling.gif
ultimatumheavenus
post Aug 21 2020, 01:48 PM

18 posts

Im currently using Kamvas Pro 16.

A very good tablet, but due to limitations of the pysical button available on the tablet, i mixed it with using both keyboard and shortcut keys.

There is a lot of shortcut ya know
ultimatumheavenus
post Aug 21 2020, 01:55 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Aug 6 2020, 12:47 PM)
I've recently been saving up to buy a display tablet from Huion cause it is cheaper as compared to Wacom.
Initially thought of going for Kamvas Pro 16
But then I saw Kamvas Pro 20 (2019).

And I had an internal argument if whether i should go for 16" or 20"
Both are available from Shopee

But then I realized that Huion is having a pre-order for their new products both being Kamvas 22 and Kamvas 22 Plus respectively.
And I was amazed with Kamvas 22 Plus specifically.
And it also comes with a new pen 3.0

The problem is Kamvas 22 and 22 Plus do not come with shortcut keys (expresskeys) on the side of the tablet.

So my question is:

1. Do expresskeys matter? Would it be easier and convenient to just use small keyboard?

I combine both.

2. Since Kamvas 22 Plus is a pre-order so it is only available in their website so you have to buy from there. Do you think Malaysia Custom will tax and hold my tablet? Since it is a newly launched product?
It is also worth to note that this is going to be my first time buying a drawing tablet.

Thanks for any input
1. Express keys are useful and more accessible than keyboard. some shortcuts requires you to press two or three button at once, while you can bind all those into one key with express keys.
But mind you there is limited number of express keys on the tablet so use it wisely.

2. I bought my HKP16 from Huion Official shopee last May. Took 2 weeks to arrive (Very impressive, considering it's under MCO back then) and no customs tax.
TSTeddysaur
post Aug 22 2020, 05:39 PM

Socially cawkward 🦄
435 posts

QUOTE(Microsuck_360 @ Aug 20 2020, 07:56 AM)
Hello there,
If this ya 1st time into this digital drawing stuff..(not for work i assumed) i prefer you buy/try tablet (non display one) reason is 1st cheaper, 2nd you might like or not this digital drawing stuff so you save some money there lol  hmm.gif but hey its ya money  biggrin.gif. Oh yeah keyboard is the best...

PS: i been using Intous5 for many many years now..i'm full time cartoonist by the way... whistling.gif
I dont like without display
I think the one without display should not be easy to use

QUOTE(ultimatumheavenus @ Aug 21 2020, 01:48 PM)
Im currently using Kamvas Pro 16.

A very good tablet, but due to limitations of the pysical button available on the tablet, i mixed it with using both keyboard and shortcut keys.

There is a lot of shortcut ya know
Thanks, im trying to get kamvas 22 plus from shopee
Huion said it is out of stock for now
Damn
altan
post Aug 24 2020, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

I'm using a XP-Pen Deco 01. Its an affordable tablet I bought off from Shoppee a while back from their official store. Its not too bad since its quite responsive and the pressure sensing is smooth. I bought it for the light weight pen and the large drawing area. I used to use the shortcut keys at first but after configuring the custom button, I end up using both without realizing.

I also have a working Kanvus Lite 54 last time but that one I let it gather dust now. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Aug 22 2020, 05:39 PM)
Its quite true its harder to see and draw without a screen but it means you have two options, either get a pen display (its like an external monitor with pressure sensitive surface/pen ), or a pen computer (like an android table).

I always wanted a pen display but no budget and don't want to deal with the cabling mess...

This post has been edited by altan: Aug 24 2020, 07:22 PM
Microsuck_360
post Aug 26 2020, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
241 posts

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Aug 22 2020, 05:39 PM)
Thanks, im trying to get kamvas 22 plus from shopee
Huion said it is out of stock for now
Damn
at 1st yeah but later you will be good...plus i not sure bout u but i don like my neck to bend/looking down for very very long hours lol... rolleyes.gif

How much is huion kamvas 22 plus in malaysia? Gamut color look nice.. brows.gif
TSTeddysaur
post Aug 26 2020, 08:36 AM

Socially cawkward 🦄
435 posts

QUOTE(Microsuck_360 @ Aug 26 2020, 08:03 AM)
at 1st yeah but later you will be good...plus i not sure bout u but i don like my neck to bend/looking down for very very long hours lol... rolleyes.gif

How much is huion kamvas 22 plus in malaysia? Gamut color look nice.. brows.gif
Not sure
Havent come out in shopee
Probably around 2k plus
Gmruleme
post Dec 7 2020, 11:46 PM

YONGL
1,468 posts

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Aug 6 2020, 01:47 PM)

I guess you shud got the tablet by now already, just sharing my experience
I've been using a tablet for almost 10 years, maybe I got used to the simple tablet without express keys (started off on a Wacom bamboo small)

then intuous and so on,
didn't really utilize the express keys, maybe it's my own personal workflow or habit
I'd suggest you find out what suits you the most, good luck

This post has been edited by Gmruleme: Dec 7 2020, 11:47 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:34 PM