views

Zot
post Aug 6 2020, 08:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(thenuts15 @ Aug 6 2020, 08:34 AM)
I strongly agree with this.
have thought about it initially.
Apaprently the kitchen part the air flow seems to be bad likely due to the house design/position i assumed.
Things got worst when the cooking start.
For ventilation, i have my kitchen hood on and have tried using fan and kitchen door open to outside.
It doesnt seems to make any much better airflow and heat dispersion.
Strong possibility of small kitchen i though.
I bet your kitchen door is at the end where you also have your hood vent out. Opening this door probably won't help and can even make it worse when wind blows in from there.

My kitchen hood is far from windows or kitchen door (going outside of the house). I do not open any of them when cooking. The hood suck air out and air from hall enters through kitchen entrance. It is one way flow and it is never hot into uncomfortable temp in my kitchen. Maybe my hood is good too. The shop told me my vent would be too far for the hood but I ignored it laugh.gif I drilled my wall and run on top of my kitchen an 8" white PVC pipe about 18' long to my back wall where windows is located.

Maybe my hood is good and my kitchen never felt oily smile.gif
TSthenuts15
post Aug 6 2020, 08:49 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 6 2020, 08:36 AM)
lol u are not only rude, but really a nuts and your username suits u.

good buy then
tongue.gif
TSthenuts15
post Aug 6 2020, 08:51 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 6 2020, 08:48 AM)
I bet your kitchen door is at the end where you also have your hood vent out. Opening this door probably won't help and can even make it worse when wind blows in from there.

My kitchen hood is far from windows or kitchen door (going outside of the house). I do not open any of them when cooking. The hood suck air out and air from hall enters through kitchen entrance. It is one way flow and it is never hot into uncomfortable temp in my kitchen. Maybe my hood is good too. The shop told me my vent would be too far for the hood but I ignored it  laugh.gif  I drilled my wall and run on top of my kitchen an 8" white PVC pipe about 18' long to my back wall where windows is located.

Maybe my hood is good and my kitchen never felt oily  smile.gif
Now that sound very good idea.Will get back n look into it.
Thanks mate.
JoeK
post Aug 7 2020, 02:23 PM

Enthusiast
984 posts

ts, just ignore all the rude trolls here.

if your kitchen is small and you worry about damaging it with oil vapor, then just put the aircond in the upcoming hallway or something. no need pening kepala.

and i do agree with you on portable aircond, its useless especially since the price is almost the same as wall aircond
Zaryl
post Aug 9 2020, 11:38 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

Open all windows, put extra exhaust fans and ceiling fans to cool off your kitchen will do the trick yes?

Putting AC in kitchen area is a big no no as kitchen is designed to be a HOT area for houses.
SUSAsquith
post Aug 10 2020, 03:31 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(thenuts15 @ Aug 6 2020, 07:29 AM)
Hi,

i have a small kitchen and it is very hot and humid during cooking.
I plan to get a portable aircond 1 HP from Midea initially but now thinking of getting properly1 small Panasonic Aircond on the wall.

Any advice?I have never come across any1 fitting aircond in an oily environment.
Please advice.

Thank you.
How high is your kitchen ceiling??

If you have the space you can consider a kitchen ventilation system from Daikin but you will need to use it in conjunction with a residential central air conditioner system.

Your other option? First get a very good kitchen hood that has good efficiency when it comes to trapping oil. The next is to have induction instead of ceramic or gas cookers, this does help to reduce the heat in the kitchen.

Once you have done that and that Daikin system is too pricey for your budget then you could either a 1hp air conditioner at the end furthest away from the hob or you could use a ventilator to bring in cool air from an air conditioned area of the house. If you do decide to go with an air conditioner then all you do need to do is clean the filters more often like twice per week and have it serviced every 2 months, it would not harm anything.
Jason
post Aug 10 2020, 03:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

I have a/c in my dry kitchen. My ceiling is high ~11 feet. And I have the best hood I can afford Fotile JQG9009S.

The a/c is blowing at my wall kitchen cabinet, so its not blowing down/at the direction of people.

As long as you do not do heavy cooking or blow at the direction of the smoke/oil, so far it is fine. I find it useful if you spend time in the kitchen doing prep work. Otherwise really hot there.

Oh and I bought the cheapest 1.5HP air con, so just going to use it until it koyak.

This post has been edited by Jason: Aug 10 2020, 03:09 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM