Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

another life claimed by covid, ex air asia pilot

views

Bendot
post Aug 5 2020, 02:11 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(galaxy_2088 @ Aug 5 2020, 10:19 AM)
rip sanjiv. i think you became this puppy.

Pure happiness

Justin.Loong
post Aug 5 2020, 02:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image

The police confirmed this morning that stress was the reason behind the apparent suicide of a pilot who recently lost his job at a regional low cost carrier based here.
Serdang district police chief ACP Ismadi Borhan said officers found A. Sanjiv Daevin, 35, dead at his condominium in Bandar Kinrara, Serdang after they were alerted via a call at 3.10pm on Monday.
“Our initial investigations showed that the victim had fallen from the 12th floor of his condominium. We have also ruled out any foul play in his sudden death.
According to statements recorded from witnesses and people close to him, it is learnt that the victim had lost his job two months ago and had been in a distressed state.
“The inability to cope with his stress led to his decision to jump off his condo building,” he said in a statement, adding that a post mortem report also showed injuries consistent with a fall.

The case has been classified as sudden death.
Ismadi Borhan also urged members of the public to refrain from speculation that could hinder investigations and to be sensitive towards the family’s feelings.

Sanjiv had also been a part of a local fusion band called Aseana Percussion Unit (A.P.U).

On their Facebook page, the band wrote, “On behalf of Aseana Percussion Unit and our family members, with a heavy heart, we would like to inform that our dearest violinist, keyboardist and percussionist, Sanjiv Daevin has returned home this morning to be with his Lord.
“Please offer your prayers for Sanjiv and may his soul rest in heavenly peace. Always in our hearts, Sanjiv Daevin,” the message read.

When contacted, Band Operation Director Mohamed Ariff, also known as RF in the industry, said Sanjiv started his music career in A.P.U in their band leader music school called Music Mart in here when he was 17-years-old.
“He also continued working as a music teacher at Music Mart later on and we roped him into the band then. He was the youngest band member.

“During briefings and discussions, his points are always spot on with whatever he brings to the table. He was recently very active on our second album project which is about to launch soon and he is supposedly to be celebrating his birthday come August 12 where he will turn 36-years-old,” Mohamed Ariff told Malay Mail.

user posted image
Source: Serdang police former pilot in deadly fall lost
dexmah
post Aug 5 2020, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

You have to understand losing a job during this time is hard as no other airline is hiring. On the other hand, you just can’t jump from one aircraft to another. AirAsia operates A320 and the other airline in Malaysia operates using a different aircraft.

From employment to training to operate a new aircraft it takes time.

With the border remain close, how can they find another job elsewhere. Bear in mind, mostly those pilot have license to fly only. They did not go through college or uni and grad with a diploma/degree.
rajlesta00
post Aug 5 2020, 02:40 PM

Lfcywna
463 posts

RIP.

Depression is real. its not fun nowadays everywhere u go, people will talk about stress management.

the truth is we spent time & money for education, getting a degree, learning new job skills, etc, but we never learned the basic survival process. we're living in comfort zone and never thought about other side of the world. We do not know how to adapt into new way of life. Our mindset is not agile. ... myself too.

The most significant aspect of our life is, we are alive right now. everything else (happened or going to happen) is secondary and incidental. but.... we are not aware of our aliveness. we are busy with our psychological nonsense.
cucumber
post Aug 5 2020, 03:02 PM

Enthusiast
779 posts

And I thought one must need to be able to handle stress well in order to be a pilot. Too bad. RIP.
Zack_Fair
post Aug 5 2020, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(galaxy_2088 @ Aug 5 2020, 11:19 AM)
rip sanjiv. i think you became this puppy.

Become puppy ? He will be in hell crying all his life. Where no one can save him
precept66
post Aug 5 2020, 09:15 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

Rest in Peace
tripleA+
post Aug 5 2020, 09:47 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(dexmah @ Aug 5 2020, 02:24 PM)
You have to understand losing a job during this time is hard as no other airline is hiring. On the other hand, you just can’t jump from one aircraft to another. AirAsia operates A320 and the other airline in Malaysia operates using a different aircraft.

From employment to training to operate a new aircraft it takes time.

With the border remain close, how can they find another job elsewhere. Bear in mind, mostly those pilot have license to fly only. They did not go through college or uni and grad with a diploma/degree.
Yes it's a mishap but at that age assuming still single can restart to acquire new skills.. some forumer comment that the pride took over him.. speaking of which an acquaintance who used to live a lavish lifestyle with two kids then divorced.. he swallowed pride when misfortune hit downgraded to living in flat and started all over again
Capitalist3
post Aug 5 2020, 10:27 PM

39 posts

RIP.
SUSCmyong88
post Aug 5 2020, 10:38 PM

Enthusiast
974 posts

Hope he found peace.
dayojah
post Aug 5 2020, 11:54 PM

Regular
1,268 posts

Sad. Airline pilots come out of training with a price of a house loan on their backs. All the airlines are shedding staff and slashing the salary and perks of those that they will keep. Unfortunately a pilot is seen as an overpaid bus driver by the airline owners.
Many pilots fly because of what is almost an obsession, so not having a future in the only job that you are qualified for is a disaster
estcin
post Aug 6 2020, 12:06 AM

Casual
405 posts

sos link Berita Harian already removed "Air Asia" from the news. power of advertiser
wildshot_willy
post Aug 6 2020, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

Declaring bankrupt is always an option.
augusta23
post Aug 6 2020, 11:46 AM

Casual
310 posts

RIP
sunami
post Aug 6 2020, 11:49 AM

MAO TONGKAT
1,415 posts

no savings?
well...always save for in times of needs...
btw...RIP
9m2w
post Aug 6 2020, 12:46 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(Zack_Fair @ Aug 5 2020, 05:08 PM)
Become puppy ? He will be in hell crying all his life. Where no one can save him
You must truly be very fun at parties.
Kakacaucau
post Aug 6 2020, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Remind me of Leslie Cheung. A good looking and talented person who committed suicide too. Nobody knows what exactly they went through. Stop making fun or jokes in this forum would be biggest help for him and his families. RIP
Savor_Savvy
post Aug 6 2020, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

May his soul RIP
goddesszilla
post Aug 6 2020, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(sbavanis @ Aug 5 2020, 09:43 AM)
He was my good friend. I would like to say this news is bullshit. Sanjiv has all the financial backing he needs if he wants to use them, this is deeper issue he is not one to jump to his death over money. As someone who knows him personally it's heartbreaking to see such easy solution to a more complicated matter.
My heart goes out to him... i does feel like its not about money. Hes a pilot.
FLYING PANTIES
post Aug 7 2020, 01:26 AM

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾
953 posts

depression is real

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 PM