Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how is the Foundation in Business IT ?

views

TSmeowzi P
post Aug 4 2020, 09:24 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
1 posts

hi, im new here. i was supposed to take diploma in IT ,but suddenly the uni said not enough people in that course so they asked me if i want to change to take foundation in Business IT.. i was in form 6 science stream before but i quit .. so I'm afraid if im taking the fd in business IT it will be just like taking F6 again.. I'm scared if the fd is hard like f6 and i can't pass.. pls i need your opinions about it.
thanks cry.gif
Yenactiet
post Aug 5 2020, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

Generally, a foundation programme will be easier than STPM, so calm down... And, what makes you think a diploma is easy? If anything, you should worry that the diploma will be as hard as STPM but since you're in a foundation programme now, I don't see the reason to be anxious any more... As long as it's what you're interested in, you're gonna end up fine most probably. Good luck.
Human Nature
post Aug 5 2020, 10:36 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,130 posts

QUOTE(meowzi @ Aug 4 2020, 09:24 PM)
hi, im new here. i was supposed to take diploma in IT ,but suddenly the uni said not enough people in that course so they asked me if i want to change to take foundation in Business IT.. i was in form 6 science stream before but i quit .. so I'm afraid if im taking the fd in business IT it will be just like taking F6 again.. I'm scared if the fd is hard like f6 and i can't pass.. pls i need your opinions about it.
thanks  cry.gif
I agree with the reply above. However, what is your planned path if you were allowed to take the diploma? To continue with degree or to work? That would be a real concern. If you go with the foundation route, likely you will have to take the degree program ie. longer time/higher cost.
malleus
post Aug 7 2020, 06:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(meowzi @ Aug 4 2020, 09:24 PM)
thanks  cry.gif
So, you're being offered a Foundation course to enter into a Business & IT course (degree level I assume) instead of the Diploma in IT that you're originally wanting to take?

You'll need to ask them back first, what comes after the foundation year, and what are your options.

In regards to difficulty, if you're worried about the difficulty of the foundation course, then you should be worried about the difficulty of the diploma as well.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 PM