Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Couple seen wearing pink tags

views

TSFLYING PANTIES
post Aug 4 2020, 06:17 PM, updated 4y ago

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾
953 posts

Covid-19 scare: Couple seen wearing pink tags, but they're for pet shop entry

GEORGE TOWN: Police have identified the couple who went for an outing wearing pink wristbands, resembling those worn by individuals undergoing home quarantine for Covid-19.

It turned out to be a case of mistaken identity, as their wristbands were in fact entry tags issued by a pet shop here for customers.

George Town OCPD Asst Comm Soffian Santong said following the report of the couple's sighting at Penang Hill car park at about 3.25pm on Sunday (Aug 2), police went on a search and managed to track down the 21-year-old man and 22-year-old woman.

"They were called to the police station, where their statements were recorded.

"According to them, they had gone to a pet shop in town earlier that day, and were each given the pink wristband prior to entering the shop.

"Because both of them intended to return to the shop later at night, they did not remove the band from their wrists.

"They then proceeded to Penang Hill to queue for tickets at about 3pm, but after waiting for an hour they cancelled their plans and headed to a shopping mall instead.

"Checks with the Health Ministry also found that both were not listed as persons under surveillance (PUS) and the couple had not left the country," said ACP Soffian.
arc_archive
post Aug 4 2020, 06:19 PM

Casual
386 posts

Trigerred
hirano
post Aug 4 2020, 06:32 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

That pet shop should change their tag color asap.
Ewww!
post Aug 4 2020, 11:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

Inilah viral straight away, tak check/confirm dulu.
JasonTheGreat
post Aug 4 2020, 11:32 PM

Enthusiast
832 posts

Yang fitnah tu going to hell ke
Avex
post Aug 4 2020, 11:47 PM

On my way
559 posts

easily triggered people. fake news first spread hatred
Human Nature
post Aug 5 2020, 12:50 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

Jumping to the bandwagon because there were many cases. Shoot and viral first before confirming.
Justin.Loong
post Aug 5 2020, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Aug 5 2020, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(hirano @ Aug 4 2020, 06:32 PM)
That pet shop should change their tag color asap.
The pet cafe’s owner, Cora Lim, was surprised because they had sold thousands of the pink entry passes in the last two years without issue.

“Pink is my favourite colour and so that is the colour scheme of my cafe. Customers get to interact with 10 Siberian huskies and an Alaskan malamute all day with the pink entry passes.

“Tourists who come usually bring the bands back as a souvenir, ” said Lim yesterday, adding that there are also 20 dogs of various breeds such as corgi, shiba inu, golden retriever, poodle and Jack Russell terrier in the cafe.

Asked if she would change the colour of the bands, Lim said only if authorities ordered her to do so.

Source: Mistaken for quarantine violators

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:58 PM