Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Startup Team = Fullstack/Split (front and back?), any advice guys?

views

TScanterpitquant
post Aug 3 2020, 11:14 PM, updated 4y ago

34 posts

Dear Codemasters and Sifus,

We are setting up a new tech team for our new startup, just wondering which is better to start with:
Option A = 5 Fullstack engineers
Option B = 1 Fullstack + 2 Backend (NodeJS) + 2 Frontend (ReactNative)
Option C = Is there other alternatives?

Usually what would be the better setup? Look forward for your great advice and thank you very much! biggrin.gif

PS: We have vacancies for Tech Lead / Tech Partner / full time dev / freelance dev too yea, feel free to PM me and I'll quickly reach out to you smile.gif
WongGei
post Aug 4 2020, 06:35 AM

Regular
1,206 posts

There is not such formula for all solution. Depends on the talent you manage to get.
jackoats.my
post Aug 4 2020, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

A complete solution is made up of many things, hence different talent is needed.

For example, there are business analyst to study the business problems to translate that to software requirements. UI / UX people to ensure that the product is appealing, easy to use etc.

There are those that code of course, and very importantly, someone to test the code to make sure that they are produced to specifications and does not contain errors.

Project managers to ensure project is delivered onetime, Also a category called product manager.

This post has been edited by jackoats.my: Aug 4 2020, 08:18 AM
SUSjbcoder
post Aug 4 2020, 11:56 AM

Enthusiast
783 posts

Reactnative? What a poor choice of stack.
malleus
post Aug 4 2020, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(canterpitquant @ Aug 3 2020, 11:14 PM)
Dear Codemasters and Sifus,

We are setting up a new tech team for our new startup, just wondering which is better to start with:
Option A = 5 Fullstack engineers
Option B = 1 Fullstack + 2 Backend (NodeJS) + 2 Frontend (ReactNative)
Option C = Is there other alternatives?

Usually what would be the better setup? Look forward for your great advice and thank you very much! biggrin.gif

PS: We have vacancies for Tech Lead / Tech Partner / full time dev / freelance dev too yea, feel free to PM me and I'll quickly reach out to you smile.gif
There's very much too little information right now to make a concrete recommendation. Where do you expect most of the work to be done in? The backend? or the frontend? That'll give you a better idea of where to emphasise the dedicated resources into.
silverhawk
post Aug 5 2020, 03:32 PM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,738 posts

1-2 tech partners, that's it. They will decide the tech stack.

Build a minimum product to test the viability of your idea and move on from there. You will find a lot of your initial assumptions are wrong, so you will need to be agile. 5 person dev team is a little heavy for a start up that hasn't done anything yet. Only start hiring when you need to.

DevGuru1 P
post Aug 17 2020, 08:39 PM

Probation
8 posts

I think option B is quite good!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:10 PM