Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to wake external HDD when turn on Android TV?

views

TSmaluapeboskur
post Aug 3 2020, 09:13 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

hai all

i m wondering how to make sure external hdd wakes up when u turn on the smart android tv ... model is panasonic th-65gx650k

the external hdd is formatted via android tv as external drive, not internal drive.. is that the reason why? I want it to turn on the hdd whenever you turn on tv via remote, or just maintain on and running non stop

now everytime i turn off/standby tv via remote, the hdd turns off, but when turn on again, hdd never turn on back , i have to unplug and plug again.. pretty hard for my elderly parents who have no idea how to plug unplug, lol

is there a setting somewhere in the settings that i havent found yet to disable hdd sleep? Or should i reformat it as android tv internal storage? But how to copy movies into the hdd if its internal storage format d? Konfius man

thankiu everyone who can help advise!
Zot
post Aug 3 2020, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

Did you connect to the right USB port?

There are USB port and also USB port with HDD label. Only this port will provide power to drive external USB HDD.
enduser
post Aug 4 2020, 06:58 AM

Regular
1,185 posts

Maybe can try external usb hub.

Ugreen or tplink brand should be ok
TSmaluapeboskur
post Aug 4 2020, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 3 2020, 09:41 PM)
Did you connect to the right USB port?

There are USB port and also USB port with HDD label. Only this port will provide power to drive external USB HDD.
QUOTE(enduser @ Aug 4 2020, 06:58 AM)
Maybe can try external usb hub.

Ugreen or tplink brand should be ok
hmm this unit only has two USB ports, and interestingly i just tried the USB 2.0 port, and now it works as expected no issues... the 3.0 port doesnt wake external hdd when turn on. weird! i'll just live with the half a second slower loading in VLC biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:39 PM