16 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MySejahtera app now mandatory

views

wotvr
post Aug 3 2020, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(Find The Way @ Aug 3 2020, 06:15 PM)
I encountered quite a few businesses that require customers to download third party app to scan custom QR code, instead of MySejahtera. This is really annoying, imagine how many apps I need to install. Does anyone know why businesses choose third party apps over MySejahtera app?

The weirdest experience was with MyTown food court. They have three login methods, MySejahtera, paper log, and at one point added third-party app. When I chose MySejahtera, they told me that customers who log in with MySejahtera must also log their details on paper. Why double login!?
They are clueless. You should only use one. MySejahtera should replace all e-contact tracing to make life easier.
Find The Way
post Aug 3 2020, 06:24 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(wotvr @ Aug 3 2020, 06:20 PM)
They are clueless. You should only use one. MySejahtera should replace all e-contact tracing to make life easier.
They said if customers use their third party app or paper log to check in, then only need to do it once, but MySejahtera requires twice.

This post has been edited by Find The Way: Aug 3 2020, 06:25 PM
PJng
post Aug 3 2020, 06:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,537 posts

He not say user must install that application la
Business shop must have it
jueiri
post Aug 3 2020, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Songlap kaw kaw.

Terbaek abah thumbup.gif
Find The Way
post Aug 3 2020, 06:33 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Aug 3 2020, 06:20 PM)
All these contact tracing apps are overrated and proven to be useless in actual cases.

And because the SOP were relying on registrations, both manually and digital records, to begin the alert... time were wasted in trying to contact and alert the concern individuals when a blanket public alert and announcement will suffice and quicker.

I understand your concern, but passive approach like announcement won't be sufficient. There are way too many people in society who behave the opposite way against their intelligence.
ScooterBoi
post Aug 3 2020, 06:34 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

Remember the time when quarantine at quarantine centers were changed to quarantine at home? When asked why... among the reasons given was that there is now a contact tracing app and all returnees must download the app.

It was like the mobile apps can track and notify the authority when there is any breaches in the home quarantine. LOL.

PaperClip224
post Aug 3 2020, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

agree to standardize everything

Online via sejahtera ... if cannot online than via pen and logbook

if no standardize, one by one companies come up with their own app, how many lar can we download ??
ScooterBoi
post Aug 3 2020, 06:41 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Find The Way @ Aug 3 2020, 06:33 PM)
I understand your concern, but passive approach like announcement won't be sufficient. There are way too many people in society who behave the opposite way against their intelligence.
Why is it not good enough? Just make public the case and where it happened, and everyone will know how to react.

Everyone will be alerted... not just the individuals concerned who visited the shop... including all neighbours and all family members living in the area.

etan26
post Aug 3 2020, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Aug 3 2020, 06:00 PM)
No need tutup, just no customers cannot enter if not in rural area  thumbup.gif
So you are one of those who solved problem and issue by just bypassing them . . . hmm.gif hmm.gif
Skylinestar
post Aug 3 2020, 06:44 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,092 posts

shop offer wifi for my phone?
there are shops inside big buildings without cellular reception.
Human Nature
post Aug 3 2020, 06:46 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(etan26 @ Aug 3 2020, 06:43 PM)
So you are one of those who solved problem and issue by just bypassing them . . .  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
doh.gif

/sarcasm
Find The Way
post Aug 3 2020, 06:59 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Aug 3 2020, 06:41 PM)
Why is it not good enough? Just make public the case and where it happened, and everyone will know how to react.

Everyone will be alerted... not just the individuals concerned who visited the shop... including all neighbours and all family members living in the area.
I used to believe every human being will act and behave sensibly, but not anymore. There are so many news that proved I was wrong.
Ashadiya
post Aug 3 2020, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

QUOTE(Hollow21 @ Aug 3 2020, 05:21 PM)
Selangkah much easier.  No need to fill details without the app.

And can with survey too.
Problem with Selangkah is when someone fill fake name n phone number

QUOTE(wotvr @ Aug 3 2020, 06:20 PM)
Hence its compulsory, otherwise too many tracing apps, some like ioi city mall dont even support mysejahtera, wtf

This post has been edited by Ashadiya: Aug 3 2020, 07:06 PM
night_wolf_in
post Aug 3 2020, 07:10 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Aug 3 2020, 06:20 PM)
All these contact tracing apps are overrated and proven to be useless in actual cases.

And because the SOP were relying on registrations, both manually and digital records, to begin the alert... time were wasted in trying to contact and alert the concern individuals when a blanket public alert and announcement will suffice and quicker.

All the registrations, tens of thousands daily registrations at all shops throughout the country, are unnecessary and a waste of time and effort. They also cause bottlenecks at the doorway of the shops.

A typical shop off the streets like 99 speedmart has only  only one doorway, for entering and exiting, the registration at the doorway creates bottlenecks and directly reduced the physical distance.

The registration itself is thus increasing the possibility of close contact among the customers for a longer time than necessary.

The registration SOP is only necessary for very close contact between customers and staff... in places such as offices, dine-in restaurants, dental clinics, opticians, etc.

Registration SOP at morning markets and pasar malam is  pure nonsense.

The registration SOP when made mandatory is draconian, either comply or be summoned.

Where are the so called 'experts', professors, community and political leaders when an alternate voice and reason is needed?
exactly, this is beyond stupid. what they really doing is, tracking the citizin in their broken application, where this data will be sold later on either in Darkweb, or to other companies directly.

it is creating more problems than the solution, a problem they made once they let people do home quarantine cause they didnt have the ball to ask them to pay. they should have created different range of hotels/hostels. paying 2k for 14 days is stupid too.
G-17
post Aug 3 2020, 07:15 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

Already predicted something like this would happen. In my case, I'm not worried. I already have a cheap Android second phone. Classified as my "dirty" phone, for all the invasive apps that try to track you on behalf of the NSA (Google + WhatsApp), CCP (WeChat), KGB (Telegram), and other nonsense. Adding the MyWhatever from Backdoor Govt Inc won't make much of a difference now, for me at least. I just hope there are alternative manual methods for people who don't have smartphones or data plans.

This post has been edited by G-17: Aug 3 2020, 07:21 PM
night_wolf_in
post Aug 3 2020, 07:21 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Aug 3 2020, 07:15 PM)
Already predicted something like this would happen. In my case, I'm not worried. I already have a cheap Android second phone. Classified as my "dirty" phone, for all the invasive apps that try to track you on behalf of the NSA (Google + WhatsApp), CCP (WeChat), KGB (Telegram), and other nonsense. Adding the MyWhatever from Backdoor Govt Inc won't make much of a difference now, for me at least. I just hope there are alternative manual methods for people who don't have smartphones or data plans.
i should have done that. probably will do. just get me another line now.
amir.asyraf
post Aug 3 2020, 07:24 PM

On my way
502 posts

so as long I don't go anywhere, I don't have to download
G-17
post Aug 3 2020, 07:37 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(night_wolf_in @ Aug 3 2020, 07:21 PM)
i should have done that. probably will do. just get me another line now.
1. Get prepaid (even better if you get the starter pack under someone else's name)
2. Use prepaid data only. Never connect to your home/office wifi**
3. Create new Google account only used on that phone
4. If want to buy stuff from Play Store, use gift cards purchased in cash (from 7-Eleven, 99SpeedMart, etc)
5. Put phone in airplane mode (or better, simply turn it off) before entering your home every day**
6. Never do any banking or e-payments with that phone
7. Never log into any online accounts or apps you already access with your primary phone or other trusted devices

**Other alternative is to have your primary phone (or most trusted device) running on a trusted VPN full-time (preferably one you rolled yourself on a overseas VPS provider, if you have the knowhow - Singapore-based server is best, because most Malaysian banks or financial services won't block a SG based IP address). That's actually a more secure scenario because, like it or not, your home network is already tainted thanks to your Smart TV or other smart devices plus family members already using invasive apps without knowing (eg: TikTok, Instagram, Facebook etc). In addition to that, if another family member already has this MyBackDoor app installed on his/her phone and connects to the home wifi network, you're screwed anyway. It's best to consider everything that connects to te internet as compromised, that way you just dedicate effort to securing one important device instead of wasting time trying to lock down multiple devices or wasting even more time training everyone in your house to practice good OpSec (because you know they won't listen to you).

This post has been edited by G-17: Aug 3 2020, 07:54 PM
TruboXL
post Aug 3 2020, 07:41 PM

Over 900 useless posts
984 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Aug 3 2020, 05:48 PM)
"The premises are allowed to offer alternatives, such as Selangkah; but the public must register via the MySejahtera application," he said during a press conference at Parliament House here, today.
That means telecommunications in Malaysia fail big time
GamersFamilia
post Aug 3 2020, 07:53 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

at some places get an error during check in scan

16 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:44 PM