Need Help. Driving License Renewal, while I am overseas

views

TStester1979
post Aug 3 2020, 01:28 PM, updated 3y ago

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

Hi guys.
Need help.

I am currently overseas and by the look of things, I won't be back to Malaysia until sometime later when it is easier and safer to travel.

My wife's driving license is expiring in September and mine in December this year.

I don't have JPJ's mySikap portal accounts, so I can renew online through it.
It seems MYeG does not have that option now either.

Is there any other way to renew online?

If not, I believe the next best option for me is to mail my driving license my copy of my ICs to my relative in Malaysia and help me renew at Pos Office.
I remember that can be done without me there or without the need of passport sized photo.
Anyone renewed their license at post office recently? Can you share what documents are needed?

Thank you very much.
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 3 2020, 01:29 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

myeg
TStester1979
post Aug 3 2020, 01:31 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 3 2020, 12:29 AM)
myeg
I beleive myeg does not have that option anymore.
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 3 2020, 01:36 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

U long term staying there? iinm as long u can prove u are out of country u dont need to renew license until u are back.

or just snap photo of your IC and whatsapp/email to your relative ask them to print out bring to post office to renew
TStester1979
post Aug 3 2020, 01:44 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 3 2020, 12:36 AM)
U long term staying there? iinm as long u can prove u are out of country u dont need to renew license until u are back.

or just snap photo of your IC and whatsapp/email to your relative ask them to print out bring to post office to renew
thanks for your reply.

yes. long term.

you have tried your advice above or know someone done that successfully?
lalakiki
post Aug 3 2020, 01:46 PM

Casual
451 posts

easy way is mail ur IC and ur driving license to ur family then ask them help u renew at post office.
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 3 2020, 02:16 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Aug 3 2020, 01:44 PM)
thanks for your reply.

yes. long term.

you have tried your advice above or know someone done that successfully?
nope i dont..

anyway u have 3 years grace period to renew before u need to re-take driving test again.

http://www.jpj.my/Malaysian_Driving_License.htm
http://www.jpj.my/FAQs/driving_license_FAQs.htm
TStester1979
post Aug 3 2020, 02:55 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Aug 3 2020, 01:16 AM)
nope i dont..

anyway u have 3 years grace period to renew before u need to re-take driving test again.

http://www.jpj.my/Malaysian_Driving_License.htm
http://www.jpj.my/FAQs/driving_license_FAQs.htm
Thanks!

I was looking for some info on that.

I guess if no choice, I will renew when I go back next year. But definitely will get fined. Possibly RM300 or more.
rickyro
post Jun 12 2021, 03:12 PM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Aug 3 2020, 01:28 PM)
Hi guys.
Need help.

I am currently overseas and by the look of things, I won't be back to Malaysia until sometime later when it is easier and safer to travel.

My wife's driving license is expiring in September and mine in December this year.

I don't have JPJ's mySikap portal accounts, so I can renew online through it.
It seems MYeG does not have that option now either.

Is there any other way to renew online?

If not, I believe the next best option for me is to mail my driving license my copy of my ICs to my relative in Malaysia and help me renew at Pos Office.
I remember that can be done without me there or without the need of passport sized photo.
Anyone renewed their license at post office recently? Can you share what documents are needed?

Thank you very much.
Hi there.. I just did a driving license renewal with MyEg... You can get it posted to ur relative's place, but I'm just afraid when ur license arrives, their delivery boy might request for ur thumb print...

I just now susah payah tried to take photo and edit the background... Padahal, the system just use back the old photo with no option for me to upload new photo =.=
Garysydney
post Jun 13 2021, 11:20 AM

On my way
511 posts

Hi guys, i have just come back from Sydney after being locked in Aust since Jan 2020.

My driver's license has expired June 2020 and i was just released from quarantine one week ago. I went to the post office but they were not able to renew since it is mco. Does anyone know whether we can renew at the post office if the license has expired one years ago or do we need to go to JPJ?

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Garysydney: Jun 13 2021, 11:21 AM
TStester1979
post Jun 14 2021, 01:12 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 12 2021, 02:12 AM)
Hi there.. I just did a driving license renewal with MyEg... You can get it posted to ur relative's place, but I'm just afraid when ur license arrives, their delivery boy might request for ur thumb print...

I just now susah payah tried to take photo and edit the background... Padahal, the system just use back the old photo with no option for me to upload new photo =.=
What do you mean thumb print? They have thumb print ready for delivery?
rickyro
post Jun 14 2021, 01:44 PM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(Garysydney @ Jun 13 2021, 11:20 AM)
Hi guys, i have just come back from Sydney after being locked in Aust since Jan 2020.

My driver's license has expired June 2020 and i was just released from quarantine one week ago. I went to the post office but they were not able to renew since it is mco. Does anyone know whether we can renew at the post office if the license has expired one years ago or do we need to go to JPJ?

Thank you.
MyEG for certainty. JPJ only operates at 50% capacity now

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Jun 14 2021, 01:12 PM)
Yeah.. myeg delivery guy carries the thumb print machine around when delivering... I'll keep you updated
Garysydney
post Jun 14 2021, 07:06 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 14 2021, 01:44 PM)
MyEG for certainty. JPJ only operates at 50% capacity now
Thank you. I will give it a go.

rickyro
post Jun 15 2021, 05:14 PM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(tester1979 @ Jun 14 2021, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE(Garysydney @ Jun 14 2021, 07:06 PM)
Thank you. I will give it a go.
Hello... Just received the license today.. No need thumb print, but only the original IC is needed to let the delivery boy snap with the delivery envelope
Garysydney
post Jun 15 2021, 08:16 PM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 15 2021, 05:14 PM)
Hello... Just received the license today.. No need thumb print, but only the original IC is needed to let the delivery boy snap with the delivery envelope
Thank you for the info.
TStester1979
post Jun 17 2021, 02:36 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 15 2021, 04:14 AM)
darn it.
looks like I can't get it renewed then. IC is with me.

different topic, does anyone know if I can drive in Malaysia legally with USA driving license?
TS_Pocket
post Jun 30 2021, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 12 2021, 03:12 PM)

May I know how you got around with the photo issue? I tried to renew in MYEG but system mentioned no photo record was found.
rickyro
post Jun 30 2021, 03:48 PM

Enthusiast
908 posts

QUOTE(TS_Pocket @ Jun 30 2021, 03:30 PM)
May I know how you got around with the photo issue? I tried to renew in MYEG but system mentioned no photo record was found.
The old photo just popped up itself, and it doesn't even allow me to upload a new photo...

Perhaps you could try emailing MyEG to get them to manually upload ur photo?

PS: nowadays, MyEG account, better to do things within your ownself.... i.e. Own IC, renew own license and not to renew other's license on behalf... you gotta make a new account for that person if you want to do on behalf

This post has been edited by rickyro: Jun 30 2021, 03:49 PM
TS_Pocket
post Jun 30 2021, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(rickyro @ Jun 30 2021, 03:48 PM)
The old photo just popped up itself, and it doesn't even allow me to upload a new photo...

Perhaps you could try emailing MyEG to get them to manually upload ur photo?

PS: nowadays, MyEG account, better to do things within your ownself.... i.e. Own IC, renew own license and not to renew other's license on behalf... you gotta make a new account for that person if you want to do on behalf
Yeah... i agreed. Thanks man.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.76    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:06 PM