3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Risky adventure 1

views

TSSasuke95
post Aug 1 2020, 04:24 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
889 posts

Hi guys, as you all know, my previous risky adventure resulted in a humiliating failure, I'd like to be more cautious this time by having you all review the situation.

So today i came across this website that requires you to post your profile and leave your contact so that interested party will find you for excitement.
I saw one that catches my eye and decided to add, she responded to the request under half an hour.

I tried to sound not too direct at first, also thinking of giving myself an insurance by trying to get her for a short desert date first so i have time to back off if things are not as expected. She asked me back if my purpose is to just find somebody to dine with me, hinting she's a more direct person.

So i said to her that i dont want to sound too direct, but if she'd like it that way, i dont mind too.
She responded saying she was just curious of my purpose, as she point out people in that website usually just get down to business.

She asked if i did this before or not, i faked the truth and said i did, then offer to tell her my hilarious failed experience like what i mentioned in the first sentence of this post, to show that i have back up proof.

After that she revealed that she only did this once using another platform, met her bf that way, then broke up, never did it since then. Recently only use the site that i discovered today. I took this statement with a grain of salt, i dont think i can be that lucky to be her next one right after her broke up bf.

She also claimed she's from HK after i asked, she said her best girl friend lives here in msia, after broke up she went to live here, she stay in Sungai Wang.

Enough chatter, i proceed to ask out, and she agreed that i can bring her to the desert shop that i have chosen, which is a green flag to me so i have control over the situation.

Tomorrow i'll meet her and pick her up at Sungai Wang, end of story at the moment, can you spot any red flags?

Please advise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE]

Right before our meeting time, she said she wants some insurance, need me to register an account in a dating site, after that talk to the customer service in the site, say "i am going to meet xxx later at xx time and xx place". It seems normal and i cant understand what's the purpose of this, doesnt seem to protect her much.

Then the customer service replied "in order to arrange a date, both parties must deposit 1999 coins to the other party's account, once the date has successfully completed, upload a pic as proof and then both party's coin will return back to each other, this is to prevent fake profile and scams, if it is a scam, then the scamming party's coin will go to the honest party (indirectly means coin x2)".

Shortly after, i received 1999 coins from her.
I expect virtual coins are cheap, but guess what? 1 coin = 1 USD, 1999 coins means USD 1999 = MYR 8475.

Definitely not paying that, i intended to give her back the coins, so below are the hoops i went through:

1. tried to find "transfer coin" button, there's none (you can only BUY coins for the other party, cannot transfer)
2. asked customer service if the coins can be transferred back to her, service replied "both must give each other coin, complete a date, then only can return the coins", insist on this rigid rule
3. i tried to send more message to ask customer service, im blocked because im not VIP member i can only send 3 messages, 20 USD minimum to upgrade 1 month VIP.
4. I went thru hoops to try to deposit 20USD using all of my cards, all transaction reject by bank (wtf? want spend also cannot, been online shopping much shouldnt be a problem)
5. At the end, the girl said i can actually use the coin she gave me to upgrade, 20 coins it is
6. Used the 20 coins to be VIP, keep arguing with customer service how to get the coins back to her, it's like talking to wall
7. Then i saw an option in the site "cash withdrawal", so i think this is to withdraw coins back to bank account.
8. I double confirm with customer service, it is true, BUT i have to be a 6 months Crown member to activate this feature.
9. And the funds to activate the Crown member cannot be from partner deposit, must be from YOUR pocket (not paying that, 480 coins = 480 USD)

Finally, i told the girl nothing else works, she's very concerned about her 1999 USD (why she send it in the first place without discussing with me?)
I didnt reveal the fact no.9 to her, eventually she knew it from customer service that this is the way to return funds, she became frustrated towards me for holding the truth.

She asked me to just give her my account that has her coins instead, she will find a way to retrieve it.
I can easily give her the account, it's useless to me anyway, but i challenged a bit and said no, i want her to jump some hoops.

She is not backing down either, she said she wont succumb to my threat, she will report to police if i dont give the account holding her coins to her, ask me becareful if still dont give back to her.

I havent give her yet, what can she do to me? She dont know my name, my face, my number, my email, only has my wechat that has a random ID name, she said wechat is enough to track me down.

I'm waiting.

Any comments from you guys? Is this a scam? She seemed very concerned about her money though, it's possible it's not actually a scam.
But the stupid dating site that made me jump through so many hoops and still unable to SIMPLY return the coin to her, is a huge red flag.
PLUS, the dating site cannot be searched using search engine (google), because of that there's no reviews either, seems like a fishy website, and all my attempts to spend in that website is rejected by my bank, i dont know anymore, the site seems scammy, but she seemed concerned about her money instead of trying to scam me.

This post has been edited by Sasuke95: Aug 2 2020, 03:55 PM
SUS20191117
post Aug 1 2020, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

just pick her up, and control the situation
i had recent meetup at CMB...i wanted to sit at mamak first (never talk to her before), and she said she just sat down at a chinese restaurant
and tell me to meet her there

what a joke lol, just control the situation
if doesn't get laid so be it.

This post has been edited by 20191117: Aug 1 2020, 04:40 PM
TSSasuke95
post Aug 1 2020, 04:46 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

QUOTE(20191117 @ Aug 1 2020, 04:39 PM)
just pick her up, and control the situation
i had recent meetup at CMB...i wanted to sit at mamak first (never talk to her before), and she said she just sat down at a chinese restaurant
and tell me to meet her there

what a joke lol, just control the situation
if doesn't get laid so be it.
none of my CMB resulted in date, mostly just matched and no talk, even if talk they're bad at keeping the chat flowing so i eventually gave up and didnt click that app for long time

i dont get your situation, why you're in mamak while she's at chinese restaurant? didnt you both agree to a place beforehand?

nah laid or not im not too focused on it, just want to experience things, at worst i made a friend at best i got some excitement, best mentality with low stress
SUS20191117
post Aug 1 2020, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(Sasuke95 @ Aug 1 2020, 04:46 PM)
none of my CMB resulted in date, mostly just matched and no talk, even if talk they're bad at keeping the chat flowing so i eventually gave up and didnt click that app for long time

i dont get your situation, why you're in mamak while she's at chinese restaurant? didnt you both agree to a place beforehand?

nah laid or not im not too focused on it, just want to experience things, at worst i made a friend at best i got some excitement, best mentality with low stress
i was sitting in my car expected her to come inside my car
then she walked to that restaurant sat down and think im a waterfish
lol...dinner cheater (nicer word)

what are you afraid of? you afraid she's a scam...
TSSasuke95
post Aug 1 2020, 04:56 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

QUOTE(20191117 @ Aug 1 2020, 04:49 PM)
i was sitting in my car expected her to come inside my car
then she walked to that restaurant sat down and think im a waterfish
lol...dinner cheater (nicer word)

what are you afraid of? you afraid she's a scam...
lol how much can a restaurant charge you? it's not a bar that has pricey wine that can charge you like a waterfish, unless you know that restaurant has pricey menu and her intention is to get you to spend tons of money on it

otherwise, wouldnt hurt to just give her a meal, it's a basic thing men provide, if she just want to cheat your 1 meal, so be it, you will know and will never meet her again

so how did you two end up? you just drive away after knowing she just walk to that restaurant?

as for me, im just being cautious, there may be things that im not aware of just like last time, key words like Hong Kong, Sungai Wang, could be hints to bad stuffs that im not aware of, or i may be just thinking too much
SUS20191117
post Aug 1 2020, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(Sasuke95 @ Aug 1 2020, 04:56 PM)
lol how much can a restaurant charge you? it's not a bar that has pricey wine that can charge you like a waterfish, unless you know that restaurant has pricey menu and her intention is to get you to spend tons of money on it

otherwise, wouldnt hurt to just give her a meal, it's a basic thing men provide, if she just want to cheat your 1 meal, so be it, you will know and will never meet her again

so how did you two end up? you just drive away after knowing she just walk to that restaurant?

as for me, im just being cautious, there may be things that im not aware of just like last time, key words like Hong Kong, Sungai Wang, could be hints to bad stuffs that im not aware of, or i may be just thinking too much
i dont like dinner with women cause i never met them before, especially on first date.
i just drove away, she is not even that pretty to be dined lol.

when you arrive there, just check surrounding whether someone's following you both
for safer, ask her to meet you in times square or somewhere brighter loh
Mr.Ballz
post Aug 1 2020, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Normally first date, you will notice yourself if she is scammer or some sort(dinner scam/meal cheater/sohai attitude). If everything checks out, good for you la. Good luck on your 2nd date. Have fun.
BLKH3
post Aug 1 2020, 10:59 PM

Casual
471 posts

The moment I read 'from HK', alarm bell rings in my head. I get truckloads of matches in Tinder who are from HK or China. Once I find out, I don't respond.
SUS20191117
post Aug 1 2020, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(BLKH3 @ Aug 1 2020, 10:59 PM)
The moment I read 'from HK', alarm bell rings in my head. I get truckloads of matches in Tinder who are from HK or China. Once I find out, I don't respond.
the most i got was matching someone from bahrain, even that i met her she stayed in an area full of nigerian
kinda weird
TSSasuke95
post Aug 2 2020, 03:49 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

Got an update guys, mind sharing some inputs to see if this is a scam that is not known?
Stranger_
post Aug 2 2020, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Hi,

What kind of dating site would do rank system just for a date? Plus, need to pay some more to rank up. Something fishy here, unless this is one of those ‘webcam’ site...

Mind sharing the name of the website?

TSSasuke95
post Aug 2 2020, 09:00 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

QUOTE(Stranger_ @ Aug 2 2020, 08:53 PM)
Hi,

What kind of dating site would do rank system just for a date? Plus, need to pay some more to rank up. Something fishy here, unless this is one of those ‘webcam’ site...

Mind sharing the name of the website?
it's common that dating service need you to pay, but first time see a rule where both have to pay deposit to each other to setup a date, and the deposit is USD 1999 which is absurd, if it's 199 perhaps i would have paid and get scammed, scammer got too greedy i guess doh.gif

what is webcam site by the way?

And i rather not share the site to not make you a victim, their scam is quite convincing
Blofeld
post Aug 3 2020, 08:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Both of you can communicate with each other already right?

Unlike some app where both of have to pay in order to communicate in the first place.

AND yet she still requested you to pay in order to meet u?

that's a big red flag
ymc2303
post Aug 3 2020, 08:22 AM

On my way
592 posts

this is a scam for those who are desperate.
i give a like if you manage to meet the girl and was ask to buy her few shots of drinks instead of being ask to pay in order to chat/meet as if ridiculous amount of money.. idk everyone else, but its a big red flag for me.
Xonius
post Aug 3 2020, 10:36 AM

Y U NO MAD???
1,113 posts

Wow bro, it screams SCAM SCAM SCAM all over. That person you wanted to go out on a date with is probably not even a woman, just an employee of the scamming website.

Who in their fucking right mind will deposit almost 10k for a single stupid date. So what if suddenly the date has to be cancelled? The money burn? Why can't it be returned as easily via a transfer button? fishy fishy fishy.

My suggestion, leave that shitty scamming site, ignore 'her' requests, and move on, don't pay ANYTHING.
alvinng
post Aug 3 2020, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Sasuke95 @ Aug 1 2020, 04:24 PM)
Hi guys, as you all know, my previous risky adventure resulted in a humiliating failure, I'd like to be more cautious this time by having you all review the situation.

So today i came across this website that requires you to post your profile and leave your contact so that interested party will find you for excitement.
I saw one that catches my eye and decided to add, she responded to the request under half an hour.

I tried to sound not too direct at first, also thinking of giving myself an insurance by trying to get her for a short desert date first so i have time to back off if things are not as expected. She asked me back if my purpose is to just find somebody to dine with me, hinting she's a more direct person.

So i said to her that i dont want to sound too direct, but if she'd like it that way, i dont mind too.
She responded saying she was just curious of my purpose, as she point out people in that website usually just get down to business.

She asked if i did this before or not, i faked the truth and said i did, then offer to tell her my hilarious failed experience like what i mentioned in the first sentence of this post, to show that i have back up proof.

After that she revealed that she only did this once using another platform, met her bf that way, then broke up, never did it since then. Recently only use the site that i discovered today. I took this statement with a grain of salt, i dont think i can be that lucky to be her next one right after her broke up bf.

She also claimed she's from HK after i asked, she said her best girl friend lives here in msia, after broke up she went to live here, she stay in Sungai Wang.

Enough chatter, i proceed to ask out, and she agreed that i can bring her to the desert shop that i have chosen, which is a green flag to me so i have control over the situation.

Tomorrow i'll meet her and pick her up at Sungai Wang, end of story at the moment, can you spot any red flags?

Please advise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE]

Right before our meeting time, she said she wants some insurance, need me to register an account in a dating site, after that talk to the customer service in the site, say "i am going to meet xxx later at xx time and xx place". It seems normal and i cant understand what's the purpose of this, doesnt seem to protect her much.

Then the customer service replied "in order to arrange a date, both parties must deposit 1999 coins to the other party's account, once the date has successfully completed, upload a pic as proof and then both party's coin will return back to each other, this is to prevent fake profile and scams, if it is a scam, then the scamming party's coin will go to the honest party (indirectly means coin x2)".

Shortly after, i received 1999 coins from her.
I expect virtual coins are cheap, but guess what? 1 coin = 1 USD, 1999 coins means USD 1999 = MYR 8475.

Definitely not paying that, i intended to give her back the coins, so below are the hoops i went through:

1. tried to find "transfer coin" button, there's none (you can only BUY coins for the other party, cannot transfer)
2. asked customer service if the coins can be transferred back to her, service replied "both must give each other coin, complete a date, then only can return the coins", insist on this rigid rule
3. i tried to send more message to ask customer service, im blocked because im not VIP member i can only send 3 messages, 20 USD minimum to upgrade 1 month VIP.
4. I went thru hoops to try to deposit 20USD using all of my cards, all transaction reject by bank (wtf? want spend also cannot, been online shopping much shouldnt be a problem)
5. At the end, the girl said i can actually use the coin she gave me to upgrade, 20 coins it is
6. Used the 20 coins to be VIP, keep arguing with customer service how to get the coins back to her, it's like talking to wall
7. Then i saw an option in the site "cash withdrawal", so i think this is to withdraw coins back to bank account.
8. I double confirm with customer service, it is true, BUT i have to be a 6 months Crown member to activate this feature.
9. And the funds to activate the Crown member cannot be from partner deposit, must be from YOUR pocket (not paying that, 480 coins = 480 USD)

Finally, i told the girl nothing else works, she's very concerned about her 1999 USD (why she send it in the first place without discussing with me?)
I didnt reveal the fact no.9 to her, eventually she knew it from customer service that this is the way to return funds, she became frustrated towards me for holding the truth.

She asked me to just give her my account that has her coins instead, she will find a way to retrieve it.
I can easily give her the account, it's useless to me anyway, but i challenged a bit and said no, i want her to jump some hoops.

She is not backing down either, she said she wont succumb to my threat, she will report to police if i dont give the account holding her coins to her, ask me becareful if still dont give back to her.

I havent give her yet, what can she do to me? She dont know my name, my face, my number, my email, only has my wechat that has a random ID name, she said wechat is enough to track me down.

I'm waiting.

Any comments from you guys? Is this a scam? She seemed very concerned about her money though, it's possible it's not actually a scam.
But the stupid dating site that made me jump through so many hoops and still unable to SIMPLY return the coin to her, is a huge red flag.
PLUS, the dating site cannot be searched using search engine (google), because of that there's no reviews either, seems like a fishy website, and all my attempts to spend in that website is rejected by my bank, i dont know anymore, the site seems scammy, but she seemed concerned about her money instead of trying to scam me.
Ain't it obvious it's a scam?
Who deposits 8000 bucks to get on a first date with a random person? Unless you're telling me you're Ryan Reynolds.

C'mon dude
TSSasuke95
post Aug 3 2020, 03:03 PM

Enthusiast
889 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Aug 3 2020, 08:11 AM)
Both of you can communicate with each other already right?

Unlike some app where both of have to pay in order to communicate in the first place.

AND yet she still requested you to pay in order to meet u?

that's a big red flag
QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Aug 3 2020, 08:22 AM)
this is a scam for those who are desperate.
i give a like if you manage to meet the girl and was ask to buy her few shots of drinks instead of being ask to pay in order to chat/meet as if ridiculous amount of money.. idk everyone else, but its a big red flag for me.
QUOTE(Xonius @ Aug 3 2020, 10:36 AM)
Wow bro, it screams SCAM SCAM SCAM all over. That person you wanted to go out on a date with is probably not even a woman, just an employee of the scamming website.

Who in their fucking right mind will deposit almost 10k for a single stupid date. So what if suddenly the date has to be cancelled? The money burn? Why can't it be returned as easily via a transfer button? fishy fishy fishy.

My suggestion, leave that shitty scamming site, ignore 'her' requests, and move on, don't pay ANYTHING.
QUOTE(alvinng @ Aug 3 2020, 10:50 AM)
Ain't it obvious it's a scam?
Who deposits 8000 bucks to get on a first date with a random person? Unless you're telling me you're Ryan Reynolds.

C'mon dude
My head is clearer now and it's becoming more obvious it's a scam.

I only have simple test requests for her if she wants back my account with her coins, by simply showing up in video call for few secs to verify the face, she chose to not video call over her 1999 usd coin, doesn't make sense, anyone would do the call to get the money back.

Once enough challenges from me, eventually she gave up and no more reply, ain't concerned bout the money anymore? Lol

Now I have some other worries instead, since I mentioned I tried to spend money on that site but keep rejected by bank, at the end I didn't lose any money in fact thanks to this security measure.

But because of my spending attempt, i keyed in a lot of my card info using the site, the 16 digit card numb and the 3 digit cvv code, I'm not sure if this is sufficient for them to eventually steal money from my cards, although there's 1 more barrier which is OTP (one time pass coming from your phone, they don't have it), not sure if this will prevent them from acting.

I'm worried because I do have a legit service that I paid using my card once, then subsequent months I just click pay, the money will actually go thru without my OTP, I'm screwed if they can do this to me, any thoughts?
alvinng
post Aug 3 2020, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Sasuke95 @ Aug 3 2020, 03:03 PM)
My head is clearer now and it's becoming more obvious it's a scam.

I only have simple test requests for her if she wants back my account with her coins, by simply showing up in video call for few secs to verify the face, she chose to not video call over her 1999 usd coin, doesn't make sense, anyone would do the call to get the money back.

Once enough challenges from me, eventually she gave up and no more reply, ain't concerned bout the money anymore? Lol

Now I have some other worries instead, since I mentioned I tried to spend money on that site but keep rejected by bank, at the end I didn't lose any money in fact thanks to this security measure.

But because of my spending attempt, i keyed in a lot of my card info using the site, the 16 digit card numb and the 3 digit cvv code, I'm not sure if this is sufficient for them to eventually steal money from my cards, although there's 1 more barrier which is OTP (one time pass coming from your phone, they don't have it), not sure if this will prevent them from acting.

I'm worried because I do have a legit service that I paid using my card once, then subsequent months I just click pay, the money will actually go thru without my OTP, I'm screwed if they can do this to me, any thoughts?
please share what website is it
SUSTianJian
post Aug 3 2020, 03:10 PM

Casual
435 posts

LOL , its a scam , it so famous in singapore , thats why i doesnt trust any HK girl or CHina girl

This post has been edited by TianJian: Aug 3 2020, 03:11 PM
Mr.Ballz
post Aug 3 2020, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

scam la obviously.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:31 AM